closed threads for sale

There are very good reasons to keep closed sale threads on the forum.
One of them being the online record of the sale item on here in case something goes wrong.

Moving the closed ones to a sub folder (Sold/withdrawn) as suggested by FM would declutter the open ones and might reduce the bumping of posts.

Once a thread is closed it usually sinks down.
Adding another sub forum may not be needed.

Anyway, we will consider a sub - forum if it does become an issue.

Last edited:
I agree for some extent because when I going through for sale thread observed some very old thread in the top list may be 2013 i guess

One more observation is when seller or FM asks to close thread which is bumped up instead can we give user a option to close himself and then it subsides to lower priority

One more observation is when seller or FM asks to close thread which is bumped up instead can we give user a option to close himself and then it subsides to lower priority

The thread getting bumped up is better, then the buyer may notice the thread being closed and contact Mods in the event of item being not as described...

Also, all completed closed sales threads should be available for scrutiny, because some Devices gets sold again in the forum.

Good point.
After closure of Hifiads.com ; It has become very important to maintain clear history of sales in the forum.
Even the rules for sellers have to be regularized, I discussed it in post #19 here https://www.hifivision.com/threads/a-certain-subwoofer-for-sale-on-the-forum.70538/#post-776862

With closure of Hifiads.com, Many audio resellers have joined too, so it becomes imperative to regulate the market section in a fashion that subscribes to the ethos of the Forum.

Do I despise industry people with commercial interests joining the forum? Definitely No! Instead they should be encouraged ; That is going to strengthen us further, tomorrow if Jason Staddord, Andrew Jones or Paul McGowan were to join the Forum, it shouldn't be looked with suspicion. Let them be upfront about their conflict of interest and mention it in their credentials, so their posts can be read in context & their sales threads can be posted in a another sub section with reseller batch if possible.
My 2 cents!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back