Colleges offering B.Sc (Psychology)

captrajesh

Staff member
Folks, my daughter is looking to seek admission to B.Sc (Psychology) or at least Psychology as one of the subje (as opposed to B.A with Psychology as one of the subjects)

Hardly any college seem to be offering it in Telangana/ Andhra Pradesh except University of Hyderabad where she already applied.

Any pointers in this regard are truly appreciated.

St Xaviers college in Mumbai is very good for psychology. Sorry I did not read the first post correctly. Not sure if they offer BSc with psychology as a subject

St Xaviers college in Mumbai is very good for psychology. Sorry I did not read the first post correctly. Not sure if they offer BSc with psychology as a subject
Thanks Prem but they don't seem to have B.Sc Psychology.
Thanks for the heads up Raghu. I happened to look up that link but the highlighted colleges don't seem to have the course that I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Check Christ University, Bangalore. They offer BA clinical Psychology and MSc Clinical Psychology. The emphasis is on Biology in both
Thanks for the heads up Ravindra Desai ji but looks like the admissions are closed for the said course. :(

Actually, the course in UOH suits me the most on all fronts viz proximity, reputation, quality of content etc but there are only 18 seats of which, just 9 are for general category. After taking the entrance test, she has gotten apprehensive of getting the admission and hence the quest for alternatives.

She got seat in Integrated M.Sc (Psychology) at University of Hyderabad. Besides, she got B.Sc (Psychology Honours) in Christ University B'lore/ NCR & B.Sc (Clinical Psychology) in Amity University, Mumbai. She's confused which way to go. I'm preferring Hyderabad for logistical and plain practical reasons.

Any suggestions?

She got seat in Integrated M.Sc (Psychology) at University of Hyderabad. Besides, she got B.Sc (Psychology Honours) in Christ University B'lore/ NCR & B.Sc (Clinical Psychology) in Amity University, Mumbai. She's confused which way to go. I'm preferring Hyderabad for logistical and plain practical reasons.

Any suggestions?

Hyderabad option seems more logical & UoH is well recognized otherwise I don't know which course/university is the best of the 3 for the subject in question.

Hyderabad option seems more logical & UoH is well recognized otherwise I don't know which course/university is the best of the 3 for the subject in question.
Yeah I too heard good words about UOH. And it's logistically most suitable option.
What is her interest towards? Health or clinical psychology?
Keith, she's fixated on Clinical Psychology; which is why she's confused (if not hesitant) to join UOH.

Sorry for updating the thread late. There are three institutes (of repute) which offer B.Sc Psychology which are as under:

1. Amity University, Mumbai: Clinical Psychology.
2. Christ University, B'lore/ Ghaziabad: Psychology Honours
3. University of Hyderabad: Integrated M.Sc (3+2) in Health Psychology

Though she got admission in all the above, for logistical reasons, she has taken admission in University of Hyderabad. She plans to do the first 3 years thereat and take lateral exit to join M.Sc in Clinical Psychology thereafter.

Only, we stay about 30 kms away so travelling is proving to be a nightmare. Planning to take up a villa closer to the place.

Sorry for updating the thread late. There are three institutes (of repute) which offer B.Sc Psychology which are as under:

1. Amity University, Mumbai: Clinical Psychology.
2. Christ University, B'lore/ Ghaziabad: Psychology Honours
3. University of Hyderabad: Integrated M.Sc (3+2) in Health Psychology

Though she got admission in all the above, for logistical reasons, she has taken admission in University of Hyderabad. She plans to do the first 3 years thereat and take lateral exit to join M.Sc in Clinical Psychology thereafter.

Only, we stay about 30 kms away so travelling is proving to be a nightmare. Planning to take up a villa closer to the place.
Since you are scouting for a new place, find one that has a big garage for your DIY pursuits :)
Cheers,
Raghu

Only, we stay about 30 kms away so travelling is proving to be a nightmare.
At first I thought - 30 kms, wow!!! Then I did some calcs and found that travelling that distance is normal for many students & office goers here, thanks to the Brits for building the wonderful rail network that we have here in Mumbai! It's so normal that distance is not even considered by most people in Mumbai - the number of stations from source to destination are considered and is the yardstick for determining distance/travelling time. :)

Yes Keith, but that kind of luxury is definitely missing in Hyderabad and Bangalore. Even Chennai is far better with its own suburban rail transit system. I take close to 2 hrs drive for 23km here in Bangalore one-way :(

Yes Keith, but that kind of luxury is definitely missing in Hyderabad and Bangalore. Even Chennai is far better with its own suburban rail transit system. I take close to 2 hrs drive for 23km here in Bangalore one-way :(
Don't about Hyderabad, but for sure Bengaluru has gone to pot, infrastructure wise.
Cheers,
Raghu

At first I thought - 30 kms, wow!!! Then I did some calcs and found that travelling that distance is normal for many students & office goers here, thanks to the Brits for building the wonderful rail network that we have here in Mumbai! It's so normal that distance is not even considered by most people in Mumbai - the number of stations from source to destination are considered and is the yardstick for determining distance/travelling time. :)
Mumbaikars and even Delhites are lucky when it comes to travelling long distances as they're well connected mass transport systems. That University has no such connections so road travel is the only option which takes anway between 1 to 2 hours depending upon the time of the day.

BTW, I happened to visit Mumbai on official business a couple of years ago so the travelling was only by office car. The travel times are in hours. In this regard, Bangalore also is in pits which I had the misfortune of experiencing first hand. :(

Last edited:
Yes Keith, but that kind of luxury is definitely missing in Hyderabad and Bangalore.
I wouldn't exactly call it luxury but yes, it's definitely a convenience.

BTW, I happened to visit Mumbai on official business a couple of years ago so the travelling was only by office car. The travel times are in hours.
If you visit now, instead of hours the travel by road in Mumbai could very well be days because of the building of the Metro lines from all directions. Even the Metro builders have forgotten what route to take while building so they just carry on straight. :)

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back