Coming Back from USA...Audio Video Things to Buy

Nishabfss

Hi fellas,

I am coming back from US and man 4K TV are dirt cheap.

Unfortunately Emirates charges $175 for baggage exceeding 59 inches in L+B+H combined. I have only one check in bag. Weight is 32 Kgs per bag.

Emirates follows piece concept where total dimension of bag should not exceed 118 inches and individual bag should not 59 inches

Plus hassel of customs.

40 inch 4K Samsung 6 Series is 400$. Bag dimensions are 70 inches :-(

49 Inches 4K LG is 400$

I can get 50 inches size in 500$ easily.

Tempted but $175 of Emirates + Customs coming my way.

Anything else I should get. Bose Sound touch 10 is for 199$.

I can get an extra if any takers...

Tempted but $175 of Emirates + Customs coming my way.

Even though the prices are cheaper, LED TV will attract duties roughly 35% here.. On top of that you loose warranty.. Not worth it IMO.. Especially TV's.

Anything else I should get. Bose Sound touch 10 is for 199$.

May be a DAC, AVR, stereo amplifier and speakers..

1) You can buy a Oppo 4K blu ray player.....If it is available before you come from the US.

2) Look at top notch DACs, stereo amplifiers as suggested above.

3) Portable high resolution audio players from Astern Kern, Pioneer etc would be another good buy as it is not easily available in India and is also expensive to boot.

PS: Don't limit to audio and video.

Schiit DACs are excellent buys.

Smartphones, tablets, wearables, home automation stuff, audio and video gadgets like Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, Roku, etc. are all good stuff.

Computer related like processor, motherboard, RAM, hard drives, GPU, routers, network switches, etc. are also extremely VFM when paying in dollars.

Also, electric shavers, electronic kitchen gadgets, cutlery, cookware, etc.

Check out projectors, universal remotes, echo besides the devices suggested. A bic subwoofer won't be bad either.

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Bose CineMate 10 ? Highly overpriced but if you're interested, why not ? Do take an audition before buying. What do you like usually ? Gadgets ?

Schiit Amps and DACs are in high demand :D May be you can get few for forum members. I myself is willing to get the Modi Multibit :lol:

Bose CineMate 10 ? Highly overpriced but if you're interested, why not ? Do take an audition before buying. What do you like usually ? Gadgets ?

Thanks. Bought Cinemate 15. Heard WOW reviews.

Its a disappointment though. May be because I used old composite cables to listen to music.

My hotel room TV does not allow me to connect to its connectors.

will return and pick Soundtouch 20 or Soundtouch 10 pairs.

What a waste of $349

OP is from Delhi so can't ask for liquors as shipping is an issue :lol: Otherwise, I would've asked for it in the first place :)

Even though the prices are cheaper, LED TV will attract duties roughly 35% here.. On top of that you loose warranty.. Not worth it IMO.. Especially TV's.

May be a DAC, AVR, stereo amplifier and speakers..

Bose Cinemate 15..Hows that I picked up at $380.

Problem is in hotel room could only connect with 3.5 to RCA cable which sounded crap.

Returned it.

I'm heading back on Sunday with various things for DIY. I find that's a great area to shop here in the US. Preowned is good if you know what to buy. There's a Benchmark Dac1 for$375 for example.

DAC 2 is superior to DAC 1 - that's what I've read so far. However, never got a chance to listen to DAC 1. DAC 2 is really awesome.

For diy - Antek Transformers should be good buy. Maybe some nichicon fg caps, some nice tubes.... options are endless :)

Sent from a handheld device. Some typos may creep in

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back