commercial speakers sonodyne Audience M15

Spinekar

I have these speakers with me and wanted to use them as surrounds but am not sure if these speakers can be used with a regular AVR, these speakers were used in a now closed showroom with a sonodyne amp which i don't have now
can someone with knowledge of these speakers let me know if i can use these with a Denon X3600H as surrounds/Atmos
have attached images for reference

Attachments

• IMG_20220202_145010 copy.jpg
    IMG_20220202_145010 copy.jpg
    813.8 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20220202_145016 copy.jpg
    IMG_20220202_145016 copy.jpg
    885.4 KB · Views: 45
******I might be completely wrong - so please let someone else confirm before you give it a try

1 - Yes these should be fine to be driven by any AVR.
2 - Plug the speaker wires in Direct +/- & put the knob on direct and you should be fine.

AGAIN - please let someone else confirm.

******I might be completely wrong - so please let someone else confirm before you give it a try

1 - Yes these should be fine to be driven by any AVR.
2 - Plug the speaker wires in Direct +/- & put the knob on direct and you should be fine.

AGAIN - please let someone else confirm.
Yeah, i am not sure and don't wanna harm the AVR or the speakers, waiting for an expert to chime in

Yeah, i am not sure and don't wanna harm the AVR or the speakers, waiting for an expert to chime in
@chander is right about this. When you put the switch in direct position, the terminals + and - get connected to the speakers directly. Also the label says 8 ohms, which is totally safe for all AVRs.

denon x3600h
Just connect the audyssey mic to your denon AVR and it will calibrate your receiver to work with the sonodyne. Even if you connect the +- wrongly it will tell you that you have connected it out of phase.

I have these speakers with me and wanted to use them as surrounds but am not sure if these speakers can be used with a regular AVR, these speakers were used in a now closed showroom with a sonodyne amp which i don't have now
can someone with knowledge of these speakers let me know if i can use these with a Denon X3600H as surrounds/Atmos
have attached images for reference
All PA speakers run on PA amplifiers where output is marked the same way in 70 or 100 volts but don't have a knob like this to make it direct

Can such PA speakers, like say Ahuja, be used with home amplifiers as is or do they need modification?

PA speakers come with a crossover built in, where they take the 70V input, do you remove that crossover and make it direct? Or replace it with another meant for home amplifiers? Or can that same crossover still work with home amps?

All PA speakers run on PA amplifiers where output is marked the same way in 70 or 100 volts but don't have a knob like this to make it direct

Can such PA speakers, like say Ahuja, be used with home amplifiers as is or do they need modification?

PA speakers come with a crossover built in, where they take the 70V input, do you remove that crossover and make it direct? Or replace it with another meant for home amplifiers? Or can that same crossover still work with home amps?
If the speakers don't have a knob then one will have to open the speaker box to get access.
1. If this is a single driver unit not a two way speaker, then one can connect output of amp directly to the speaker terminals. But one will have to check the speaker impedance written on the driver and ensure that it is not below that of the AMP specs.
2. If the box has multiple drivers inside, then one will have to connect to the crossover

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back