Commercial TVs with better specs than consumer TVs

Donivlapog

Hi all,

I have always wondered if you guys have come across better commercial TVs than home TVs.

This one looks good! For 5.9 lakhs (with 90 k input credit for B2b not withstanding) and about 700 nits 85" screen, it is bull's eye!!

No. I already bought a 8000h 75" couple months ago for my home. This I was looking for to suggest to a cousin who wanted a 85" TV but not TCL.
This doesn't seem to have local dimming though. At least I can't see it on the link. For the kind of serious cash this TV asks, I'd expect at least 1000 nits and 100+ dimming zones.

These TVs cost this much because of commercial applications such as wide variety of resolution/split screen support, custom firmwares and are certified for 24/7 operation with static images without image retention.

They are supposed to be great for showing static images, loop a video in a showroom. Not for amazing picture quality or HDR at home.

I believe you'll be able to get a better TV in consumer TVs themselves.

Hi all,

I have always wondered if you guys have come across better commercial TVs than home TVs.
Not sure if they're better but I remember talking to an LG sales guy back when I was looking for a good deal for LG OLED bulk buying. He gave me an option to get the commercial variant of the CX, they have the same panel and everything but a few commercial specific features, ports, etc. I don't recall what the processor was.

He told me about how they're the main seller for most of the new ultra premium apartments by Appasamy and similar companies. Most of their premium fully furnished flats come with these LG OLED tvs in every room and they're cheaper than the consumer version.

This doesn't seem to have local dimming though. At least I can't see it on the link. For the kind of serious cash this TV asks, I'd expect at least 1000 nits and 100+ dimming zones.

These TVs cost this much because of commercial applications such as wide variety of resolution/split screen support, custom firmwares and are certified for 24/7 operation with static images without image retention.
What do you mean by Split Screen / Resolutions? What do these Custom FW add?
They are supposed to be great for showing static images, loop a video in a showroom. Not for amazing picture quality or HDR at home.

I believe you'll be able to get a better TV in consumer TVs themselves.
Not sure if they're better but I remember talking to an LG sales guy back when I was looking for a good deal for LG OLED bulk buying. He gave me an option to get the commercial variant of the CX, they have the same panel and everything but a few commercial specific features, ports, etc. I don't recall what the processor was.

He told me about how they're the main seller for most of the new ultra premium apartments by Appasamy and similar companies. Most of their premium fully furnished flats come with these LG OLED tvs in every room and they're cheaper than the consumer version.
Is that pricing only valid for them buying such in Bulk from a different Sales Channel than their Retail product?

Have you seen big TVs at commercial establishments showing a 2x2 grid of different contents. That kind of stuff. There picture-in-picture too.
Hmm.. interesting. I really miss PIP / PBP from my 30" WQHD - Multi Device/ Source at same time to monitor / watch simultaneous.

Do you think I might be able to source a 55" commercial one with PIP? If so who / where to ask / research - Any pointers welcome.

Hmm.. interesting. I really miss PIP / PBP from my 30" WQHD - Multi Device/ Source at same time to monitor / watch simultaneous.

Do you think I might be able to source a 55" commercial one with PIP? If so who / where to ask / research - Any pointers welcome.
A bunch of monitors do come with this feature. Regarding TVs, I'm not really sure.

@pauljoseph - Can you find out/ share more insights on this? How to connect with that sales rep/ channel of business?

Thanks. Just dropped them a message.
I never heard back via this ... but I contacted some Dealers and they were able to pull some information about Commercial Models.

A bunch of monitors do come with this feature. Regarding TVs, I'm not really sure.
So PIP is there in few LG Commercial Series, in addition to the "higher end series" of monitors.

Are you aware of any other Brand of Commercial Series that might have PIP / PBP and related or similar features?

Regarding TVs, I'm not really sure
Are you aware of any other Brand of Commercial Series that might have PIP / PBP and related or similar features?
Most monitors will have this feature from almost any brand. You can just google and get a bunch of results. Dell also has this in their ultrasharp lineup for example

Back