Component System Budget 75k

Also one more advice looking at the pic of the room layout. Can you not shift the Sofa-s at the 15 feet mark from your TV. Unless for Aesthetics, at 28feet away from TV you would miss the HD action unless you plan for big screen projectors (remember that recommended HD viewing distance for flat panels is max 1.8 x diagonal size of tv) and also this will increase your need to buy high power speakers having greater throw over that distance.

Ayush,

I see that you tried to PM me in the afternoon, but my PM-box was full, so I did not receive it. Since then I cleaned up a bit, and now I can receive a few PMs. Sorry to be late in responding. Member pratimbayal came over to listen to my newly acquired TT.

Just now I hurried through this thread, and I am a bit puzzled. Nowhere in this thread (pardon me if I missed) I find any reference to any movies being watched during your auditioning. But in post #2 and in a later post, there is mention of listening to music, and brief description of the sonics with respect to the frequency bandwidth. My question is: are you buying this set-up primarily for listening to music? I do not want to start a debate here regarding 2-channel against multichannel or 2-channel (stereo) amp against a AVR (multichannel+video processing). But the least I will say here is the following: if your primary use is listening to music, you may as well consider 2-channel amps. You can start by comparing the Denon 1911 avr to a less costly Denon 710 stereo integrated amp (also available at the same ProFx store) and see if you find any difference.

It is no denying that if you want to watch movies primarily, the standard solution is the multichannel sound and AVR, although there are people in this world who are occasional movie-watchers and very happily watch movies also through their 2-channel set-up (which is a huge compromise for the movie-lovers).

Just thought I'd raise the issue, because as far as I can see, there is no mention of the intended use of your system. I am sorry if you have already mentioned it and I have missed it. I can be of some help if you are going for a 2-channel set-up, but I am of no use when it comes to multi-channel.

Regards.

Also one more advice looking at the pic of the room layout. Can you not shift the Sofa-s at the 15 feet mark from your TV. Unless for Aesthetics, at 28feet away from TV you would miss the HD action unless you plan for big screen projectors (remember that recommended HD viewing distance for flat panels is max 1.8 x diagonal size of tv) and also this will increase your need to buy high power speakers having greater throw over that distance.

thx for the input. I'll see what is possible keeping aesthetics in mind.

For TV i have samsung UND6400 - 55"
Its not as good as a projector but its still quite big. :)

SVS is only giving me 39k as thier best quote.
So I am getting it from chennai Cressida AV @ 31.5k
They are also authorized dealers for MS.

As for warranty i'll make sure i'll get 3 years from them. :) :)

Also I would prefer not to deviate any more since there is always a better one if are spending a bit more.
As of now I am completely satisfied with these speakers capability.

Ayush,

Just now I hurried through this thread, and I am a bit puzzled. Nowhere in this thread (pardon me if I missed) I find any reference to any movies being watched during your auditioning. But in post #2 and in a later post, there is mention of listening to music, and brief description of the sonics with respect to the frequency bandwidth. My question is: are you buying this set-up primarily for listening to music? I do not want to start a debate here regarding 2-channel against multichannel or 2-channel (stereo) amp against a AVR (multichannel+video processing). But the least I will say here is the following: if your primary use is listening to music, you may as well consider 2-channel amps. You can start by comparing the Denon 1911 avr to a less costly Denon 710 stereo integrated amp (also available at the same ProFx store) and see if you find any difference.

Just thought I'd raise the issue, because as far as I can see, there is no mention of the intended use of your system. I am sorry if you have already mentioned it and I have missed it. I can be of some help if you are going for a 2-channel set-up, but I am of no use when it comes to multi-channel.

Regards.

You are right I did not mention my usage.
Its 50/50 - Music/movie.

I prefer music in stereo. Thats why I liked these speakers so much since they sound neural by itself. Also I plan to buy a stereo amp. but that later on maybe nxt yr.

Denon 1911 is my choice since the sound is warm also I plan to upgrade my system from 5.1 to 7.1 later on that when i'll also buy my stereo amp.

So depending on the surround speaker selected i'll get wiring done for now.

Overall Denon 1911 is the best AVR I can afford.

Right now my biggest question is will these components work well with each other.

Front Aviano 6
Center Avianno 5
Surround Wharfedale 10.DFS (I specifically want a small wall mountable one)
any other suggestion is most welcome here.
Sub Polk psw125

Thx

You are right I did not mention my usage.
Its 50/50 - Music/movie.

I prefer music in stereo. Thats why I liked these speakers so much since they sound neural by itself. Also I plan to buy a stereo amp. but that later on maybe nxt yr.

Denon 1911 is my choice since the sound is warm also I plan to upgrade my system from 5.1 to 7.1 later on that when i'll also buy my stereo amp.

So depending on the surround speaker selected i'll get wiring done for now.

Overall Denon 1911 is the best AVR I can afford.

Right now my biggest question is will these components work well with each other.

Front Aviano 6
Center Avianno 5
Surround Wharfedale 10.DFS (I specifically want a small wall mountable one)
any other suggestion is most welcome here.
Sub Polk psw125

Thx

Aiano 6 and 5 match quite well with Denon 1911 that I can tell you from my own setup. mandark on this forum also has identical setup as mine who is also from Kolkata.

Aiano 6 and 5 match quite well with Denon 1911 that I can tell you from my own setup. mandark on this forum also has identical setup as mine who is also from Kolkata.

thx for your input here.

can u tell me abt the sub woofer.

I was planning for polk PSW125 @ 18.5k
I see u have selected DSW Pro 660 wi.

Can you tell me the difference in your opinion.
Also what is the difference between DSW Pro 600 and DSW Pro 660 wi in terms of sound.
Also the price you paid for the same.

thx for your input here.

can u tell me abt the sub woofer.

I was planning for polk PSW125 @ 18.5k
I see u have selected DSW Pro 660 wi.

Can you tell me the difference in your opinion.
Also what is the difference between DSW Pro 600 and DSW Pro 660 wi in terms of sound.
Also the price you paid for the same.

DSW Pro 600 is the older version and I do not think Profx brings new pieces of that anymore unless you specifically order. The newer one DSW Pro 660 wi are the Wireless compatible Subs but requires additional wireless kit (around 7K INR) to connect wirelessly with your receiver and also has a remote (I use my harmony to control it though). I have connected using wires btw. I paid around 29K for the sub plus around 1000K for the wire and a pair of banana connector. Overall it is a good sub you should audition but one thing that I have noticed is that I vibrates a bit during heavy bass but that you will only notice if you site next to the sub. My sub is placed beaide the TV and is around 8 ft awy so that is not noticable. This sub shakes ground for sure.

IF I need to take the FS from chennai to kolkata, I need some contatcs who does this kind of transportation.
Can anybody help me here.

Thx

IF I need to take the FS from chennai to kolkata, I need some contatcs who does this kind of transportation.
Can anybody help me here.

Thx

Did you enquire with the seller about their own shipping charges? Each Aviano 6 weighs 17Kg so shipping 34 Kgs will not be less. You can PM mandark who still retains the carton and will be able to tell you the cartoon sizes which you can use to take quotations from different shipping vendors.

Thx haisaikat,
I have finally made my purchase.
Its Aviano 5,6.
Wharfedale 10.DFS
Denon 1911.

Sub i'll buy later.

Thx everybody for your help. :D

thx spirovious for your suggestion, but i have already made my purchase now. :)

Regards,
Ayush

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back