Component System Budget 75k

ayush_x

Hi all,
I am a newbie so dont really know much.

I'll start with my hall dimentions. I have attached a photo for it.
Its not very accurate, but it should give a fair idea.
None of the arrangements can be changed as given in the drawing.

Guys from ProFX came to my place and they are suggesting a minimum of 7.1 setup. They told they will mail me more details, but i am yet to hear frm them.

My initial budget was arnd 50k. Which I have pulled up to around 80k.
I dont think i will be able to pull it any higher.

As of now for AVR I am planning to buy Denon 1911 if I can get it for 32k as posted by a fellow member. If not then have no idea what i should buy.

For speaker I wanted to buy FS for front and will be going for a demo tomm.
As of now before demo i have though abt Warfedale, Since i can get the diamond 10 series for abt 50k (5.0) after availing group discount.

I have left out the woofer for now. Will buy it later on. Along with 2 additional surround speaker.

Please advice for alternatives, I understand it is really difficult for you guys to advise at such a low budget. but anyway thx.

Attachments

• Hall.jpg
    Hall.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 213
Today I went for demo:

At Grand Cinema- Chennai

1'st Setup Wharfdale 10.7 FS paired with Denon AVR and an amp which I dont rem.
I found them a bit dull.

2nd Setup Paradigm Monitor 7 paired with the same setup as given above.
Found them too bright and I could not differentiate the instuments well.

Of the above two I found the Wharfdale better but ideally I would prefer something between them. Also both of them were above my budget.

The prices quoted by them seemed reasonable when compared to the group buy offer.

At ProFX

1st Setup
Polk TSi 300
I found them nice better then the above two.

2nd Setup
KEF Q700 Found them outstanding. Though I must admit i have never listened to any other FS. Except the ones I am naming in this post.

3rd Setup
This was way out of my league but the showroom guy jst played them for me.
Focal Electra 1028 Be.

I heard Hotel California on them. And I have never enjoyed that song this much before. :)

I Also brought DENON 1911 for 35k.
Though I still havnt been able to fixate on any FS as of now.

People plz help out here. I really dont want to buy the wrong equipment!!!

If you liked KEF Q700 and if it is within your budget, you can go for them. Make sure you bargain well before buy, the selling price should be 10-15% lesser than MRP.

The KefQ700 were nice but its way above my budget. abt 70k.
I heard them since those FS were ready for demo and they didnt have anything in my budget.
My budget for front speakers FS/Bookshelf is abt 30k

Right now I am considering KEF C5 and Wharfedale 10.5.
Can you plz give me some advise on those two.
Also If there are some other good speakers in that budget please advise.
Thx

Right now I am considering KEF C5 and Wharfedale 10.5.
Can you plz give me some advise on those two.
Also If there are some other good speakers in that budget please advise.
Thx

Never heard those speakers, so can't comment on them. I'm afraid there aren't many choices for FS in the range of 30K. Try to audition Jamo S606 floorstanders, which are around 27K (in fact, there was an offer which gave the whole 5.0 package for 30K+). S606 is not recommended much here, but there's no harm in trying :)

My dad tried out the Jamo S606..he found them to be decent.
I am yet to try them out.
Also the dealer is quoting me 48k for the whole 5.1.
S606 FS
s60 surround
s60 centre
sub 200
Is the deal good?

My dad aslo tried mordaunt short aviano 6 which he liked very much.
Also the problem is my dad is finding the s606 very tall which he doesnt like at all due to aesthetics.
So the vendor is recommending s406.

Also can anybody tell me if MA bronze re

Also I have decided to raise my budget for FS to 35k max if I really like the FS.:D

My dad tried out the Jamo S606..he found them to be decent.
I am yet to try them out.
Also the dealer is quoting me 48k for the whole 5.1.

I'm not sure about the current prices. One of my friend bought it for 55K an year back. Prices have come down, I heard.

So the vendor is recommending s406.

Avoid S406. Kittu has given you good options. Try them and decide.

Stay away from entry level Jamo. They are rubbish. Since you liked the Kef Q700, why not look at the bookshelf version of the same? Will be within 30k.

@reignofchaos any particular reason why you tell me to stay away from entry level jamo(does it refer to S606)?.

Also is the woofer(sub 200) suitable for my hall. an appx 600 sq feet area with 10' height.

i'll look into kittu's advise. I also went thru this thread and found it very informative:

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/...ons-within-30k-budget-ma-m4-tannoy-v4-0r.html

Can anybody please advise a showroom where i can demo (ma-m4 & tannoy-v4) in kolkata.

1. How is PSB and klipsch system.
2. Also since i'm unable to find MA and tannoy in kolkata, i wont be able to purchase thm since i wont be able to avail warranty(worst case) for them also. :(
Since its too much headache for me.

3.Also can anybody tell me a fair price for MS Avianno 6
SVS kolkata is quoting 39k as their best price which i over my budget.
Edit
I am getting 31.5k for Avianno 6 as best price at AV cressida Chennai.

There are so many possibilities here. IF's & But's.....lol

Last edited:
hi all,
can you guys help me out little bit more please.

I have short listed b/w two systems. please help me out which to go for.

Denon 1911 AVR - 35k decided....best VFM

1st Setup:

Aviano 6 - 31500/-
Avianno 5 - 12000/-
Surround - Wharfedale 10.DFS - 11000/- (I specifically want a small wall mountable one)
any other suggestion is most welcome here.
Sub polk psw125 - 16650/-

Total - 71150/-

2nd Setup:

Polk TSI 400 - 26100/-
Polk CS20 - 14400/-
Polk OWM3 - 9900/-
Polk PSW - 16650/-

Total - 67050/-

In these setup I liked aviano 6 sound the best. The sound was most complete with all spectrum of the sound at par. It was in another word neutral sounding.

Polk in stereo mode was lacking that neutral sound.

When played in 5.1 Setup I didnt feel much diff. Though I did found the center underpowered in the polk setup.

Senior members/ audiophiles please give me your valuable feedback.
Also if I go for the 1st setup since the speakers are from different manufacturers will it impact my movie experience since I did not demo the entire mixed setup at any place.

Thx

Last edited:
I'd recommend you to start auditioning all the FS speakers available in 35-40k budget, first pickup the fronts and remaining later. Trying to fit everything under 75k at a stretch will push you to compromise on things. Take it a step by step approach.

MA - M6
Tannoy - V4
Polk - RTI
KEF - IQ(older series)
JAMO - C4XX
Klipsch - F20
MS Aviano - 6

kittu thx for ur response.

I wont be able to stretch my budget any more. I can at max spent 30k on FS.
I really liked the sound of Avianno 6 and luckily i'm getting it at 31.5k. But thats abt it.

My personal preference is the 1st setup I have listed but unsure abt mixing diff brands of manufacturers. :(

Also i'm in a hurry since I need to conceal the wires.

Ayush,
First of all you may refer to this thread for all the dealers that we visited before buying our system in kolkata. These have models auditioned and also the prices.

http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/...lkata.html?highlight=speaker+audition+kolkata

As for your other questions, we purchased the Aviano 6 at a final price of approx 38-39K for the pair but that was in March of this year. All of us are very satisfied with the Avianos. However please keep in mind that the Avianos in the showroom are driven by mostly the CA AZUR 650A 2 channel amp that has far more output capability than the Denon 1911. So with Denon 1911 driving the same there will be some difference but again not that heaven and hell. Make sure you specifically ask for the 3yr warranty cards. If you are buying from SKS Traders then you can request them to give an audition of the aviano 6 using your Denon 1911, you may have to leave your amp with them for some time.

Digital Acoustics (Maddox Square) keeps Tannoy but not a wide range of Tannoy just a couple of ones, at least it was such in March. I personally did not like the attitude of the Digital Acoustics senior guy but at the end it is all demo that should be the objective.

For surrounds you can get cheaper Yamaha NSP 8900 series for as low as 5.5K INR (2 surr + 1 center). The leftover budget from these you can invest elsewhere.

@reignofchaos any particular reason why you tell me to stay away from entry level jamo(does it refer to S606)?.

They have extremely poor quality internals. The drivers, crossover and cabinet innards don't deserve to be even in a 5k speaker, let alone 30k that they ask for.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back