Music system requirement, 50K Budget

jain3vipul

I currently have Edifier 1850DB 2.0 bookshelves speakers which i bought 3 years ago working fine
But i wanted to upgrade, so here are the details
Im also using Beyerdyanmics DT770 Pro 80Ohm version headphones.

Budget:- max budget 50K(INR) not more than that!
Music taste:- ALt rock, Modern jazz, House, Trance, Drum and bass, Pop
(also watch Tv shows and Movies, Who doesn't?)
Room size:- 10x12 ft. Its a study room. I will be using it with Desktop (Not with TV)
Using An audio interface "Scarlett Solo 3rd gen" cuz im little bit into Djing too, Bedroom DJ for now

Marble flooring, One Couch, 1 Almira and pretty much empty.
although i will be placing my speakers on my "floating PC Desk"

Systems already selected: - I watched this video and sm1 suggested these speakers, now i dont know the truth of it.
1. Sony SSCS5 100W 3.0 Channel Wired Bookshelf Speaker
2. Polk Audio Signature Elite ES15 1" Wired Tweeter & 5.25" Woofer, 100w Dual power port (Pair)
3. Polk Audio Signature Elite ES15 Bookshelf Speaker Dolby Atmos & DTS:X Compatible(its costlier than the 2nd one for some reason)
4. Emotiva B1+
5. JBL Stage A130
6. Jamo C93ii
7. Elac B5.2 and Elac B6.2'
Note: - I recently bought a Subwoofer from Edifier which went great along with my speakers
but then i realized that i really dont need one and i sold it online. So With or without SUbs is fine with me!

Now my problem is that most of these aren't available on Amazon and i dont know about authorized dealers of it in India.

I am open to all the suggestions. Not in any Hurry to buy stuff. i will take every advice into consideration.

Thanks in advanced :)

Aren't some of these passive soeakers ??

You have an amplifier to drive them ?

If not
Then are you splitting 50k
Between and amp and speaker
?

Most of them are Active speakers. I think so

And, No Amp! No AV receiver either

I want it without any hassle of amp or Av receiver. Active speakers only. Cuz with Amp i have to add another 10K which is over my budget.
friends telling me to buy Active monitors and stuff but they sound very flat, i have tried them.

Most of them are Active speakers. I think so

I want it without any hassle of amp or Av receiver. Active speakers only. Cuz with Amp i have to add another 10K which is over my budget.
friends telling me to buy Active monitors and stuff but they sound very flat, i have tried them.
What in your opinion is the difference between active speakers and active monitors? Which active "monitors" did you try and have disliked?

Edit: Almost all (if not all) of the speakers that you have listed are passive and not active.

Last edited:
Active monitors sound very flat, and non-interesting. They are suitable for music production which requires neutral approach to frequencies, according to my experience.
On tv shows, movies they don't sound very interesting, they dont have that "hype" moreover Dolby Atmos is also a feature these days which comes with good speakers. I can only say this with my limited experience obviously. I use Edifier bookshelves speakers and they are good when it comes to movies and music. I have a very tiny background when it comes to HiFi Audio :D
So pardon my ignorance :)
And my friend is into production and i occasionally visit him. so whenever he was watching any movie it didn't sound interesting.
he suggested me these speakers.
1. Yamaha HS8
2. swans d1080
3. pre sonus eris E3
4. JBL Nano K8
5. KRK Rokit RP5

I suggest that you look for active speakers that have DSP that can be set from the back panel. That way you will be able to tailor the sound to your liking.

Which aspect/s of the sound produced by your current Edifier speakers are you looking to improve upon?
1. More clarity in the audio.
(my current speakers works good, but I'm sure it can be much better)
2. Speakers able to handle Lower and higher frequencies in a much more professional way and don't sound muddy.
(Clean sound)
3. And something that gives the music" wow "feeling.
I hope that makes sense.

Active monitors sound very flat, and non-interesting. They are suitable for music production which requires neutral approach to frequencies, according to my experience.
Based on these 2 statements you want some sort of Consumer grade active speakers - that do not fall under the "Studio Monitor" catgeory.

If you loved your edifiers so much - why not another set of edifiers - maybe a higher model? Or Swans - similar category?

regardless -
Considering you do not want Studio monitors - I would suggest read up on -
Elac Debut Connex DCB41.
It will allow you to connect HDMI to your TV + USB from your Focusrite.

I know you said a sub didn't help, I would still suggest go with a sub.

Also when you say this -
moreover Dolby Atmos is also a feature these days which comes with good speakers.
I am not really aware of any 2.0 channel speakers that do this in this budget. Soundbar?

Based on these 2 statements you want some sort of Consumer grade active speakers - that do not fall under the "Studio Monitor" catgeory.

If you loved your edifiers so much - why not another set of edifiers - maybe a higher model? Or Swans - similar category?

regardless -
Considering you do not want Studio monitors - I would suggest read up on -
Elac Debut Connex DCB41.
It will allow you to connect HDMI to your TV + USB from your Focusrite.

I know you said a sub didn't help, I would still suggest go with a sub.

Also when you say this -

I am not really aware of any 2.0 channel speakers that do this in this budget. Soundbar?
Want to upgrade to be honest. No more edifiers.
I will definitely look into Elac Debut Connex DCB41

Also, how about these? I did bit of a research and found these also
1. Polk Audio ES20?
2. Elac Debut B6.2
3. Polk MONITOR XT60
4. Polk MONITOR R100

Jain sir -
1. Olx
2. Used second hand Speakers -- spend maximum budget here...
3. 2nd hand AVRs from late 1990's and early 2000's run in two point 1 channels mode 2.1
4. Subwoofer from a home theatre - second hand again.

Jain sir -
1. Olx
2. Used second hand Speakers -- spend maximum budget here...
3. 2nd hand AVRs from late 1990's and early 2000's run in two point 1 channels mode 2.1
4. Subwoofer from a home theatre - second hand again.
Hey mate!

No Subwoofer required or Av Receiver

I dont want that hassle. Simple Active Bookshelve speakers are enough for me :)

@jain3vipul under 50K , the best options are Elac connex ( already pointed above) and the Q acoustics M20 HD. Both are brilliant options and available in hifimart.
Please check the below link

@jain3vipul under 50K , the best options are Elac connex ( already pointed above) and the Q acoustics M20 HD. Both are brilliant options and available in hifimart.
Please check the below link
Yes mate :)
I checked it just now
looks good

thanks

Get the cheapest
Active
You can from.sonodyne

These don't sound too flat
I like them

And
ANindyA knows what he's doing too