Music system requirement, 50K Budget

Hey guys, thanks for all the guidance on this matter.
I just want to know one thing.
If i go for "passive" speakers instead of "active"
And i end up buying Polk audio ES20, or Elac Debut B6 1st gen or something similar.

What Audio Amp will i have to purchase for them to power up?
I don't see lot of secondhand amplifiers options in my city and i doubt about their working state even. I mean they are already second hand, they can stop working anytime. So what " Budget Amp" i need to get?

Cuz i saw that there are Stereo Amps from Fosi and Aiyama under 11K budget on amazon
Example:- Fosi Audio BT30D Pro for 9k, Aiyama A07 pro for 10k

Now obviously they are Chinese made and not branded, but reviews are positive.
Will they work with those speakers? If not then what are the other option?

How's this T08 Pre amp from Ayiama? Cuz that only falls under my budget.
You cannot use only the T08 pre-amp with your speakers. You will need a power amp. Instead, look for integrated amplifiers in your budget range.

Sir
If aiyima , fosi etc is what you are considering
As amps for a yet to be bought passive

Then
The actives
Would be better buy
If I were in your shoes

Active monitors sound very flat, and non-interesting. They are suitable for music production which requires neutral approach to frequencies, according to my experience.
On tv shows, movies they don't sound very interesting, they dont have that "hype" moreover Dolby Atmos is also a feature these days which comes with good speakers. I can only say this with my limited experience obviously. I use Edifier bookshelves speakers and they are good when it comes to movies and music. I have a very tiny background when it comes to HiFi Audio :D
So pardon my ignorance :)
And my friend is into production and i occasionally visit him. so whenever he was watching any movie it didn't sound interesting.
he suggested me these speakers.
1. Yamaha HS8
2. swans d1080
3. pre sonus eris E3
4. JBL Nano K8
5. KRK Rokit RP5
Not all studio monitors sound that way. Many of them lean one way or the other. The Yamaha HS8 is perhaps the only studio monitor under 50k a pair that actually sounds close to "flat".

You'd do well by looking at JBL LSR 308 mk2s, Kali LP6 and Adam Audio T5Vs (in order of prices). A pair of these should come under 50k, and would present excellent value when compared to 50k spent on passive speaker + Amp + speaker cable. I'd even wager that it would be hard (even impossible) to best either of these active speakers with a passive speaker + amp + speaker cable spend of 50k, or even quite a bit more (when buying new components, of course).

All of these active monitors have their own sound signature, and none of these sound 'flat' or 'neutral'. To add, for music, none of these really need a subwoofer to sound good.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back