Component video cable as stereo RCA cale

biyer

Hi All,
I have a component video cable from mx electronics with monster RCA interconnects.

Can I use it for stereo purpose I mean using it to connect my dvdp with mu amplifier after removing one of the connectors??

It'll work for stereo. Why do you want to remove third connection. Just don't connect it :).

ANY RCA cable will work for composite and component video and audio. Also, the same cable can be used for coaxial digital audio as well.

Gist - there is practically no electrical difference among these cables other than their color coding.

ANY RCA cable will work for composite and component video and audio. Also, the same cable can be used for coaxial digital audio as well.

Gist - there is practically no electrical difference among these cables other than their color coding.

But it will differ in Ohms. RCA Cables not suggested for Audio.

Regards

Isn't the co-ax digital the exception to that?

My meagre understanding is that it should be of specified impedance, whereas the others (albeit that the hifi market has created various levels of of sophistication and cost) are "just wires".

My meagre understanding is that it should be of specified impedance, whereas the others (albeit that the hifi market has created various levels of of sophistication and cost) are "just wires".

Absolutely.
All are just wires in case of RCA interconnects. They all have same type of connectors and can easily be interchanged.
Had the "inventors" intended them to be used for either video or audio with no interoperability, then they would have designed the connectors such that they would not fit into each other if interchanged.
On a lighter note, the copper won't come know for what purpose the cable is being used, so don't worry :lol:

Hey guys thanks a lot for your replies.
I have decided to the use the cable with my amp now..
It was earlier being used to connect my DVD player to my 29inch CRT but since the CRT is not working now have decided to use it with my amp.

Coaxial is NO EXCEPTION and infact MOST TOLERANT to cable quality. Any make shift, badly constructed cable can work providing flawless digital audio with 100% integrity!

Rest might change quality based on the quality of cable.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back