Computer UPS not working after wrong polarity

petes

UPS Model: APC BE650 EY-IN

Guys!!
Recently I replaced the battery, and while connecting I connected the wrong ends (Red to black and black to red) and turned it on for charging and noticed it was not working.

Later I relalized that i have connected wrongly and made the correct connections and waited for about 12 hours to charge. After 12 hours, i cannot turn on my UPS. Nothing works, UPS light itself not turning on.

What has happned now? Is it the problem with UPS or Battery because of my wrong connection

Help me!!

There is no fuse as such on outside of UPS. However, not sure if it is there inside..Need to remove the unit

Normally due to wrong polarity the DC fuses in the circuit are blown. They are 20 amp or 40 amp of fuses are flat in shape. Try to replace them with new one, normally couple of them are present in the PCB.

There were 2 fuse in the unit that blown out...After a temporary fix, the unit is working fine..thanks!

UPS Model: APC BE650 EY-IN

Guys!!
Recently I replaced the battery, and while connecting I connected the wrong ends (Red to black and black to red) and turned it on for charging and noticed it was not working.

Later I relalized that i have connected wrongly and made the correct connections and waited for about 12 hours to charge. After 12 hours, i cannot turn on my UPS. Nothing works, UPS light itself not turning on.

What has happned now? Is it the problem with UPS or Battery because of my wrong connection

Help me!!
Which brand? Is it a really expensive one? If neither, just get a new one. I have never bothered with replacing batteries and all. They last for about 2 and a half years.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Which brand? Is it a really expensive one? If neither, just get a new one. I have never bothered with replacing batteries and all. They last for about 2 and a half years.

I have same model and last 7 years it is working fine. We had initial battery replacement after 4 years of purchase. Now second battery is almost 3 years old and going strong. We get 25 min of backup with desktop. No need to throw away the unit which is faithfully working.

I have same model and last 7 years it is working fine. We had initial battery replacement after 4 years of purchase. Now second battery is almost 3 years old and going strong. We get 25 min of backup with desktop. No need to throw away the unit which is faithfully working.
Correct. Why would one throw away a working unit?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Find a local APC service guy.

I strongly feel... do not dig around inside that thing. Mains voltage could be present even when disconnected. err... should be present, of course! But where? What components. Too dangerous for trial and error work.

Just happened to find this thread of mine!! Still this UPS is working like a charm since 9 years

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back