Conflict between Settop box & HDMI(CEC)

prashant80

Hi,
Its a old problem when i start DenonAVR(X1400H) then the TV audio is not coming through AVR speakers.
When i remove STB HDMI from TV then its detected & TV audio comes from AVR speakers.
Current connections
1.STB(Videocon D2h) Connected through HDMI cable to TV
2.TV connected to AVR through HDMI cable(ARC)

Does anyone have same problem & solution on this

Try with HDMI CEC swithced off.
Which TV do you have ?

I face problems too, and in my view, its caused by my LG TV.
My Denon AVR neverhad any problems with my ealrier Sony TV.

Hi,
Its a old problem when i start DenonAVR(X1400H) then the TV audio is not coming through AVR speakers.
When i remove STB HDMI from TV then its detected & TV audio comes from AVR speakers.
Current connections

Hi prashant80... I have faced similar issues with my Denon AVR and Airtel STB. I could not find the reason and removed the STB from my setup. It may be due to the HDMI handshake issue. If you want to listen 5.1 sound from your TV channels by using AVR then I would like to suggest you explore other digital connections available in your STB.

Switch on your STB after a minute.

I face problems too, and in my view, its caused by my LG TV.

I have HT3, and lg TV. By the time the tv scans the connected equipment, ht3 goes to standby and is not detected. Hence I put it on, when it goes on standby use the remote to get on HDMI and then tv detects

Hi,
Current connections

In your AVR remote do you have controls for TV/satelite and then device? You must click that.

I have connected my STB directly to my TV now, instead of via my Denon AVR.
Its working fine now.

Dont know what was the problem.

Last edited:
This is because the videocon stb is doing something silly with pin 13. Most probably it has grounded that pin. Open the stb, break that pin and then your stb shouldn't interfer with CEC.
You can always solder the pin at the break if you want to revert the STB back to original.

Here is an adaptor that doesn't have pin 13 connected, selling for Rs 2700/ :eek::oops::p

Thanks but thats costly affair

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back