Confused between speaker package...

Your question is confusing(at-least to me). Can you elaborate a bit more? To me they fall in the same category.

Your question is confusing(at-least to me). Can you elaborate a bit more? To me they fall in the same category.
I mean the home theatre package that comes with 5 speakers and a subwoofer (like F&D F6000U, Philips Spa 5250b, logitech Z 906 etc) can compete with a system that comes with a dvd player and 5 speakers and a subwoofer setup like (Sony TZ 145, Samsung J5100 K, etc)

I mean the home theatre package that comes with 5 speakers and a subwoofer (like F&D F6000U, Philips Spa 5250b, logitech Z 906 etc) can compete with a system that comes with a dvd player and 5 speakers and a subwoofer setup like (Sony TZ 145, Samsung J5100 K, etc)

They all are mass market products. An entry level HTIB from Onkyo, Pioneer and Yamaha will be much better than these. Add a Android box and you are set.

Just a dvd player added will not make much difference. They are mostly similar in sound quality. Among all listed z906 is better however, but has maintenance issues. As mentioned by FM, having AVR with speakers will be much better. You may need to build step by step to manage finances.

5.1 speaker system need a Source. Systems like Sony with a DVD/Blueray player, the player is the source. Very few Sony systems have an Input for an external source. Sound-wise, it all depends on the brand and quality of the build. Logitech z906 is a very good system. Others I am not sure.

MaSh

Back