Confused..!! Which 3D TV to buy.. Plz help me..!!

As I say in most posts, buy TV for the basic 2D quality because that is what people will watch 95% of the time (and that estimate is on lower side). 3D is a latest hype in TVs. Many believe, mostly wrongly, that after a 3D TV lands into the home, all people in house will be found wearing the 3D glasses all the time.

Too many people across the world are complaining about 3D movies - not because of migraine/headache, but because of the high cost of movie watching. Some sensible directors such as Chris Nolan have taken decision to use 3D only when the script/situation/story demands it. People are not fans of 3D. It is/was a novelty and it will fade away.

^ hehe rightly said...but you cant complain about peoples tastes.
if people can like justin bieber over brayan adams/guns and roses........and so..

sorry for being out of topic..

Plasma is a definite no for you, since you game a lot. I personally zeroed on between LG LM7600 and HX850, but picked up LG LM7600 because of cheaper price and more goodies.

Sony HX850 looked a bit better in 2D picture but not like a huge difference to me(This is a preference and not refrence) ALso i was concentrating more on 3D as well, i really like the way 3D games look, you have to actually play them to believe it. My TV is used more for 3D gaming then 3D movie watching.

Also LG LM7600 provided me with Dual play tech which is mind blowing for a gamer. Go audition them side by side and decide.

If you do decide to go for LG, move to the 7 Series from 6 Series, it will be a bit more expensive but worth it.

the confusion is now between sony hx850 and lg lm6410.. I cant decide between the picture quality.. i didn really find any difference (i may lack a lot of knowledge).. its not about the 3D anymore now.. I would really like to have a good 2D picture quality so that the family can sit and watch there daily tv and enjoy the most.. but i am not going away from these two. This is decided for sure.. please help me between these two tvs now.. i really appreciate your help..

Sony HX850 = Rs 90,000 (2 3D glasses + 8GB USB Memory stick)

LG LM6410 = Rs 85,000 (3 3D glasses + BP-420 Blu Ray Player + A pack of 3 3D Movies)

Best quality matters the most.. Please suggest an all rounder for the family as well as for my personal gaming and stuff..

Last edited:
If you could not feel any difference between the two tvs with regards to PQ then simply get the cheaper tv with better deal = Lg

Sent from my Sony Xperia S using Tapatalk

the confusion is now between sony hx850 and lg lm6410.. I cant decide between the picture quality.. i didn really find any difference (i may lack a lot of knowledge).. its not about the 3D anymore now.. I would really like to have a good 2D picture quality so that the family can sit and watch there daily tv and enjoy the most.. but i am not going away from these two. This is decided for sure.. please help me between these two tvs now.. i really appreciate your help..

LG LM6410 = Rs 85,000 (3 3D glasses + BP-420 Blu Ray Player + A pack of 3 3D Movies)

Best quality matters the most.. Please suggest an all rounder for the family as well as for my personal gaming and stuff..

Buddy just see the one you like and go for it, i have got myself the exact same model you mention here LG LM6410 (47 inch) and it's awesome. Also have you got that quote from which showroom seems a little pricey.

The passive 3d provided in the lg has significantly lower eye strain than the rest of the tvs. Although technically it is not full hd 3d.

Brighter lcds are better of with 3d as the glasses decrease the same however plasmas triumph with motion.

Buddy just see the one you like and go for it, i have got myself the exact same model you mention here LG LM6410 (47 inch) and it's awesome. Also have you got that quote from which showroom seems a little pricey.

Got a 42LM6410 yesterday but yet to set it up.
As far as i had the experience from watching the demo in the showroom this is awesome. I never thought of buying this model until that moment and had only settled for 32LM4600 (Only LED as i was never a 3D or SMART fan)
But after i witnessed the features of this model i just couldnt simply resist.
Go for LG. you wont regret.
But the price you had qoted is far too heavy. My TV came with 4 glasses, 3D bluray player and 3 blu ray movies.

Well, if you are still on the fence, and love freebies too - now is the good time to do the shopping. LG is running a Diwali scheme - they are giving free BD players and 3D video cameras with select models of LG 3D TVs. Check out the bargains at LG Diwali Celebrations 2012

You have got to make the final call yourself. Since PQ seemed more or less the same to you for both the TV's, then don't bang your head too much and go for the LG LM6410 model as it sounds better VFM and the passive 3D on it would be better to watch. Take some lady along as they are persistent negotiators and will get the price knocked down a little bit more ;-D

As far as i had the experience from watching the demo in the showroom this is awesome. I never thought of buying this model until that moment and had only settled for 32LM4600 (Only LED as i was never a 3D or SMART fan)
But the price you had qoted is far too heavy. My TV came with 4 glasses, 3D bluray player and 3 blu ray movies.
hi @solidsample,

I have purchased the same TV but the dealer offered me only 2 movies pack so I rejected the DVD pack and asked him to replace from company.Still awaiting his reply.

Can you tell me which 3 movies u got?

hi @solidsample,

I have purchased the same TV but the dealer offered me only 2 movies pack so I rejected the DVD pack and asked him to replace from company.Still awaiting his reply.

Can you tell me which 3 movies u got?

hi, sorry about the delayed reply.
I got, "John Carter", "Christmas Carol" and "Pirates of Carribean 4".

So have you made the final decision yet or still analyzing?

The price he's got seems just about right. The LM6410 3D TV is available at 73K on Flipkart and the BP420 player is around 12K. What price did you get the deal for?

Sources :

LG 42LM6410 LED 42 inches Full HD 3D Television: Flipkart.com

LG BP420 Blu-Ray-Players - 3D Blu-ray Player with SMART features for a limitlesss entertainment - LG Electronics IN

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back