Confused..!! Which 3D TV to buy.. Plz help me..!!

amneetahluwalia

Hello everyone,

I am here with a big confusion. I am planning to buy a new 3D TV for myself but I am very confused at the moment.!!

After going through a few shops here in Chandigarh, India, I am confused between two options - Samsung vs LG..!!

1. Samsung UA40ES6200R - Rs 80,500 (Free - Two 3D glasses and a blu ray player)

2. LG 42LM6400 - Rs 86,000 (Free - 4 3D glasses)

Though I have two other options as well that I may consider upon your advice

Samsung UA40EH6030R - Rs 60,000 (Free - Two 3D glasses). I don't quite like it though as it looks a bit bulky for a LED Tv.

OR

LG 42LM6410 - Rs 88,000 (Free - 4 3D glasses). The man said that they did not have it in store but it is a better option than LM6400. I am not sure of this.

Now I am not a big fan of the freebies, such as the blu ray player and stuff because I already have a Sony PS3 that serves me well for a Blu-ray 3D Player. I am looking for something that would suit my 3D gaming and movie experience to the best of its level and would go well for at least a couple of years.

You all know my options and my price range now. Please help me with this confusion. Any other suggestions are more than welcome.

Hoping for a quick response from all you experts out there.

Thank you..!!

If you are after 3D and can afford it, go for LG. Their 3D is passive tech and smoother to eyes. Active 3D eye wear costs very high and cause problems to some people.
otherwise play same content on the selected TVs and choose the best.

For starters, here are my thoughts.
If 3D is important to you I would suggest LG, simply because of the technology used.
the frame sequencing method used in sammy is more prone to crosstalk.
LG technology doesn't have to worry about frame rate or motion blur because both frames are displayed simultaneously.

sammy 8, 7 series are excellent 3D tv's, possibly due to faster processing and LED scanning backlight. the same cannot be said about series 6 as per reviews.

besides LG has few other advantages like, less fatigue, inexpensive glasses etc.
Of course it only shows half resolution at a time, but you are unlikely to notice the difference at 40" size.

I think you have good budget for a nice 3D plasma TV like panny 42UT50, ST50, or samsung E550, E8000 if you are not averse to the technology. the 3D will be dim compared to an LED, but none of the TV's you mentioned can match its 2D picture.

I'd suggest you get the Sony Bravia HX850 40 inch for 88k. Eats all the TVs you mentioned for breakfast. :p

No much freebies though just 8GB Pen Drive and 2 free 3D Glasses.

But some fm have posted a drastic reduction is price of the top end Samsung led as well as plasma with a tablet free.

Last edited:
I think audiodoc meant Samsung Plasma E8000. Price has dropped from 1.36L to 95K. As audiodoc mentioned, it comes with a free Galaxy Tab.

^
You mean E8000 ??? ES8000 starts at 1.6 lacs +

But some fm have posted a drastic reduction is price of the top end Samsung led as well as plasma with a tablet free.

ES8000 is led whereas E8000 is plasma. The price drop is/was for E8000 plasma.

To op, I would choose tv more for pq than anything else. But since 3d is very important for you, you should go with passive 3d such as LG.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Thank you for your reviews everyone. But I am not at all interested in buying a plasma TV at any cost.

I just got one samsung 43 inch plasma 3D returned under warranty because of some problem with the panel. Thank god I was saved as the panel had a hell lot of screen burns. The Airtel logo in the bottom right corner, the Colors TV (my mother watches it a lot) on the top left corner. The warranty people said that screen burn is not covered under warranty. The new TV would be in place of this one.

I have another Samsung 55 inch plasma 3D that I used for myself. The same screen burn problem all around the corners because of playing Fifa 2012 on my PS3 all the time. This one has the warranty expired.

I might consider the Sony Bravia HX850. I'll check for the prices though, as it shows Rs 93,000 online.

This new TV would be used by my mother most of the time for her daily soaps. I am sorry for this new piece of information as I feel it should have been mentioned earlier. Please advice me accordingly. Like the colours and everything. Option 1 or Option 2..????? and if it is worth paying Rs 2K more for the Lg 6410.

And I should also mention that there is not much use of the Smart TV functions as everyone in the house has their personal laptops. As an additional feature it is good, but it is not a necessity. Please do suggest if you thing that any other TV under this price range would be a good option. UNDER 85,000 not above it at all. Thank you.

Last edited:
for me the best picture mattters...not the 3d.
so panasonic plasma ST 50 incher and UT 50 incher plasma and sony led HX850 46 and 40 inchers are the choices..........really they are simply killer to all other tv models regarding picture...

anyway if 3d is a prirority LG is better due to passive tech used.

I feel that 3d is an initial fantasy.Whether it is passive or active technology, you would eventually endup with a headache.
Any day I would prefer to see a perfect 2d blu-ray picture which oozes three dimentionality than a technology that confuses your right eye and left eye separately to produce an illusion of 3d.
My choice for a 40 inch is 40hx850, because it has local dimming to emulate the contrasts of a plasma.
Thanks.

And I should also mention that there is not much use of the Smart TV functions as everyone in the house has their personal laptops. As an additional feature it is good, but it is not a necessity. Please do suggest if you thing that any other TV under this price range would be a good option. UNDER 85,000 not above it at all. Thank you.

Buy the sony 40hx850 or 40hx750, its the best option in your price range.

Plasma : Panasonic ST50, Samsung E8000
LED : Sony HX850

Lg might be a tad better for 3D due to passive 3D but honestly how much of 3D are you going to be watching compared to regular 2D? The above tv's will give you a good all round performance 3D + 2D.

True aakashr, and I personally have extensively DEMOed 3D of all major brands and I have to say I do not find Passive 3D to be "superior" to others this year. Last year Passive 3D models from LG has the best 3D performance but this year there is not much difference at all. So I'd gladly choose Full HD 3D over HD Passive 3D.

Only thing, if someone watches 3D for half a day then Passive 3D can be preferred. But I don't think there ANYONE who watches 3D for more than 2 hours a day. So that "easy on the eyes" argument doesn't hold either.

2 hours is still a long time for me...but that is an individualistic opinion. Active 3d have gotten more advanced but passives are always preferred when it comes to eye strain.. I own an lg 3d myself since an year now and I am happy with my purchase. Also the extra 3d glasses don't cost a bomb, just 500 for a pack of 4!

I have a LM8600 with me and I will surely say tat LG has been a pleasant brand for me till date.
I got is it a price of 2,19,298 INR and got a 3D camcorder free with it.
When it comes to using the smart apps in it, I have been using my TV to access facebook, twitter ad youtube and they work fine(though depends on the speed of the internet as well).
For more quesries on LG products you can visit www.lgwrforum.com or the LGworldrecord category in this forum only.

Well I think the Passive 3D advantage is way overblown as if all Active 3D set owners are suffering from migraine after buying them :rolleyes: They did have a huge advantage last year but that advantage no more holds true this year.

Difference between LG Passive 3D performance and Sony HX850/Panasonic ST50 3D performance is much much less than the 2D performance difference between LG LM7600/8600/9600 and Sony HX850/Panasonic ST50

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back