Sony 65 inch X90L or 75 inch X82L

Toocool

Hello

I am planning to buy a TV for my bedroom.

Viewing distance around 9 feet.

Budget is approx 1.5 lakhs. Usage is OTT, sometimes watching sport (cricket, tennis) and about 10% of the time gaming (PS5).

Confused between these two.

1. 65 inch X90L
2. 75 inch X82L

Kindly help. Should I look at Hisense range of TVs or stick to Sony? Suggestions for better alternatives in Samsung and LG are also welcome.

Thank you.

I recently bought Samsung Neo QLED. But I previously considered X90L and Samsung S90C. X90L is far superior to X82L because of the refresh rate, full array local dimming and amazing Sony picture related features. For me I game a lot with my Xbox series X and PC so that was one of the reason to go with higher refresh rate model.
I would seriously ask you to check Samsung Neo QLED, S90C as well.
Now coming to your main question if You just want bigger screen go for x82L and also you can look at Hisense U7K which is also Mini-LED QLED panel which is getting good reviews everywhere.

Hello

Budget is approx 1.5 lakhs. Usage is OTT, sometimes watching sport (cricket, tennis) and about 10% of the time gaming (PS5).

1. 65 inch X90L
2. 75 inch X82L

Kindly help. Should I look at Hisense range of TVs or stick to Sony? Suggestions for better alternatives in Samsung and LG are also welcome.

Thank you.
Please stick to Sony / LG / Samsung if your budget permit,
Always go with higher size as possible,

My post is about the tv size.

I have a 55 inch Sony X7500H. This tv was earlier wall mounted in a bedroom where viewing distance was 13.5 feet. I used to regret not buying the 65 inch one.
Later on same tv was wall mounted in a different bedroom where viewing distance is 9.5 feet. It took me some time to get used to this viewing distance (if I am not wrong there is a name for this syndrome). Initially I felt 55 inch was too big for 9.5 feet. After 1 week my eyes adjusted and I no longer feel uncomfortable with this viewing distance. Had it been a 65 inch tv I am not sure if my eyes would have adjusted or not for a viewing distance of 9.5 feet.

Please consider above point as well in mind while deciding.

Thank you for the replies.

My concern is, X90L seems to be VA panel. How is the viewing angle? X82L is IPS panel which is better I think.

Can someone help on this? Which of the two is better?

Yes IPS has better viewing angles but poorer contrast and black levels. VA has better contrast and the viewing angle is pretty good. I haven't faced issue of viewing angles with a TV with VA panel yet. My sofa is 10 feet away, and with a 3 seater, it's not that wide to worry about viewing angles.

Check it out in a store by simulating your viewing distance and angles.

Hello

1. 65 inch X90L
2. 75 inch X82L

Thank you.
65 is fine for 9' viewing distance.
Further the picture quality will be better in higher range models.
I have 2 Sony 65" tvs. The one from higher series is better.

Hello

1. 65 inch X90L
2. 75 inch X82L

Thank you.

Hi OP, which one did you go for in the end?

I recently bought Samsung Neo QLED. But I previously considered X90L and Samsung S90C. X90L is far superior to X82L because of the refresh rate, full array local dimming and amazing Sony picture related features. For me I game a lot with my Xbox series X and PC so that was one of the reason to go with higher refresh rate model.
I would seriously ask you to check Samsung Neo QLED, S90C as well.
Now coming to your main question if You just want bigger screen go for x82L and also you can look at Hisense U7K which is also Mini-LED QLED panel which is getting good reviews everywhere.
I went with Samsung s90C 77 inch for a viewing distance of 10.5 feet. Was in dilemma whether should go for 65 inch or not. Really glad to have made the 77 inch choice. Seems perfect size. s90C is very good. Viewing in Eco mode and still the clarity is great. So yes, it is more like, beyond 9-10 feet, it is just about the largest size that you can afford. Nothing is too big :) Let us know finally what you went for. I was thinking between Sony A80L and Samsung s90C.

We just bought a 55 inch Sony after using a Bravia for 10 years. We aren't impressed with the reliability of the TV and it has been going to the repair shop repeatedly.
The same problems were faced here also. I don't know why there is a durability problem with Sony TV. same issue has been raised by my collegue also. Ultimately I have purchased a new Samsung TV 55" CU8000. Lets see how it go.

The same problems were faced here also. I don't know why there is a durability problem with Sony TV. same issue has been raised by my collegue also. Ultimately I have purchased a new Samsung TV 55" CU8000. Lets see how it go.
Sony kd55x82L
What is/are the problems with your Sony televisions? Panel problems or board problems, please elaborate.

What is/are the problems with your Sony televisions? Panel problems or board problems, please elaborate.
As per engineering, It seems the motherboard has problems 2nd time in 8 months. so they will replace it and then see if it solves the issue.

Were you using a voltage stabilizer?
No, There was a power adaptor that was part of the sony tv. It is connected through a power adaptor to bear power fluctuation. They also confirmed that there is no need to use a separate stabilizer..

No, There was a power adaptor that was part of the sony tv. It is connected through a power adaptor to bear power fluctuation. They also confirmed that there is no need to use a separate stabilizer..
That there can be a problem.
The modern day electronics are highly sensitive to even mild fluctuations.
Even i was advised that stabilizer is not needed. Manufacturers claim that their tv internals have inbuilt fluctuation protection.
It's always advisable to use new age tv with stabilizer. Some knowledgeable members have also discussed the new govt norms whereby power distribution companies are taking liberties and the end result is higher voltage levels than before.
So the bottom line buy a stabilizer atleast for a tv. Good luck.

Even i was advised that stabilizer is not needed. Manufacturers claim that their tv internals have inbuilt fluctuation protection.
It's always advisable to use new age tv with stabilizer. Some knowledgeable members have also discussed the new govt norms whereby power distribution companies are taking liberties and the end result is higher voltage levels than before.
Thanks for advice brother, by the way kindly also suggest a good stabilizer.

yes, to me too a salesman said with confidence that no need of a stabilizer as the TV (sony X90L) has "inbuilt stabilizer". i said nothing doing, i will still buy an external one.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back