Need Help with Home theater setup

@edjamesx
@Yelamanchili manohar
@k-pad
Will go for x3800h and will later buy dirac license. Will that help?
SVS SB1000 Pro is ok for sub?
Recommendations for speakers please.
How much will 120" fixed frame screen cost appx?
The denon X3800 should be fine. Considering the room size, you can always add class D amps for higher SPL's if required later on. Not an immediate priority now.

Speakers need to be as per your taste, so cant recommend them as it is a very personal choice. But I tend to prefer efficient and easy to drive speakers with a sensitivity of atleast 90db for home theatre use. So that the AVR does'nt struggle to drive them to high SPL's.

The sub is the heart of a home theatre. And in such a big room, I suspect the SVS 1000 pro will be out of its depth. Iam no expert at subwoofers, but would suggest to look atleast at SVS 2000 series. Still better there was a Rythmik FV15 on sale here from one our members for aorund 1L. Impossible to better that sub at that price. It is big with a 15 inch driver and a beast. I would recommend that sub blindly for the huge space you have. I think it was @reignofchaos who was willing to part with it.

oops sorry...my bad :D

Yeah it was @Love4sound
i think he was trying to sell 12" Rythemik Sub and withdrawn later. Who is selling 15" Rythemik Sub?

@AnshulKansal : To start with and within your budget SVS SB1000 or PB1000 series should be good enough. If you have budget then consider SB2000 series which is priced more than 1.30 lakhs if you have budget u may go upto 15"sub as well which should be >1.8 lakhs.
For speakers as i suggested in my previous post there are lot of options. Start auditioning them and choose the best which fit to your budget and sounds good.
Do not make decison on speakers without listening/auditioning them.

Last edited:
i think he was trying to sell 12" Rythemik Sub and withdrawn later. Who is selling 15" Rythemik Sub?

@AnshulKansal : To start with and within your budget SVS SB1000 or PB1000 series should be good enough. If you have budget then consider SB2000 series which is priced more than 1.30 lakhs if you have budget u may go upto 15"sub as well which should be >1.8 lakhs.
For speakers as i suggested in my previous post there are lot of options. Start auditioning them and choose the best which fit to your budget and sounds good.
Do not make decison on speakers without listening/auditioning them.
OOps sorry again then :D

I thought it was 15 inches sub. I thought they were too big for my tiny crawling space and let it pass :(

@edjamesx
@Yelamanchili manohar
@k-pad
Speakers really depend on personal tastes. Companies have different signature sounds.
It will be best if you set aside a few weekends, fix appointments and go to Delhi for listening sessions. Most dealers have a variety of speakers on demo. You can start with AV Shack and The Audio Co.

Shack, for instance are official stockists for Ascendo, which might work well for your requirements.

TAC has mostly high end, but also has a fair amount of budget options.

Their managers/proprietors have been helpful in my interactions.
You can also check with Delhi FMs for other stores.

Look for cinema speakers with high efficiency and 8" woofers.

Try and not to finalise speakers without listening to avoid nasty surprises.

Regards

While many have given suggestions on the equipment, let me give some advise on the room itself.

Putting a bar in the same place as a home theater is a very bad idea. Glass will rattle at low frequencies and will be irritating at high volumes.
Also, with the size of the room, you could aim for a much larger screen than 120 inches.

While two subs is a good idea, you will need to spend some money in making them work smoothly using some EQ.

Also, when you have such a nice room, do spend some time and money on managing the acoustics of the room for best results.

@edjamesx
@Yelamanchili manohar
@k-pad
Check the Pioneer LX-305 - MRP is around 1.5 I think and the Dirac license ( that would cost around $350 on the Denon ) is included. It’s 9 channels, with as much power as the Denon but can’t be expanded to 11 channel in the future. Still if you’re ok with 9 channels it’s a good buy. And you get 18 month warranty

Check the Pioneer LX-305 - MRP is around 1.5 I think and the Dirac license ( that would cost around $350 on the Denon ) is included. It’s 9 channels, with as much power as the Denon but can’t be expanded to 11 channel in the future. Still if you’re ok with 9 channels it’s a good buy. And you get 18 month warranty
how about Lx 505 compare to denon 3800h

While many have given suggestions on the equipment, let me give some advise on the room itself.

Putting a bar in the same place as a home theater is a very bad idea. Glass will rattle at low frequencies and will be irritating at high volumes.
Also, with the size of the room, you could aim for a much larger screen than 120 inches.

While two subs is a good idea, you will need to spend some money in making them work smoothly using some EQ.

Also, when you have such a nice room, do spend some time and money on managing the acoustics of the room for best results.
Actually only the bar furniture is there. No glass yet. That's my brother's department who lives in Singapore now 😀

Room's both walls are covered with thick curtains and ceiking is wooden panels wrapped with leather. Will use floor mats for accoustics. Only one wall is left and will get it treated later if required. Will that do?

how about Lx 505 compare to denon 3800h
I use the LX-505 and am very happy - it has more power ( 120W vs 105W FTC ) than the Denon, and also 3 zone audio if needed. I got it for around 1.6 in late 2022. Dirac also worked like a charm, I used the UMIK DSP-1 mic.

My LX-505 is in a different room and the web features are very cool. There’s a hack with which you can access the entire calibration via web. You need to navigate to the device’s IP address ( which you can find on the Pioneer Remote app ). Then login with username/password ciuser/ciuser and you get access to the full menu.

I did Dirac remotely as well with my AVR in a different room - I used the desktop app on my Mac with the mic plugged into my laptop

@edjamesx
@Yelamanchili manohar
@k-pad
@sud98

Will two SVS SB1000 PRO with Monitor audio bronze 500 work well in the room.

Also of i go with two subs can i have bookshelfs instead of floorstanders?

Will be finalising Denon x3800h for driving the speakers and sub without amp.

Recently auditioed Monitor audio bronze 500, Polk ES60s. I am not an audiophile and they sounded pretty much same to me. Can you recommend specific models that i should look for.

Last edited:
I would suggest go for ported subs over sealed for the space. Ideally buy one and add a second later. For movies, the front speakers are not as widely used so you can go for bookshelves but spend more for the subs and the centre. I am not a fan of SVS esp. in the lower end of the range, would prefer a Rhytmik or a XTZ.

@edjamesx
@Yelamanchili manohar
@k-pad
@sud98

if you have budget for two sub woofer , then i would recommend getting REL 1510 predator single sub (15") , that should be powerful enough to drive your room size and you never want to upgrade sub again. Or consider getting single SVS 2000 series or XTZ 1217 Edge sub and add another later if needed. At this point you don't need to think about adding second sub.
Denon x3800h is good to go , It has all channel preouts option. I you need more power then u can hook it to External power amplifier and drive speakers in the future.
Recently auditioed Monitor audio bronze 500, Polk ES60s. I am not an audiophile and they sounded pretty much same to me. Can you recommend specific models that i should look for.
😀 Take some movie rip which has good action track and play with these speakers, you should be able to make the difference. For me Polk speakers are slightly more brighter than Monitor Audio. Monitor Audio sounds balanced.
Also Listen to tracks with Sub on and off, You should be choosing the speaker which produces mid bass better , and highs in balanced.

if you have budget for two sub woofer , then i would recommend getting REL 1510 predator single sub (15") , that should be powerful enough to drive your room size and you never want to upgrade sub again. Or consider getting single SVS 2000 series or XTZ 1217 Edge sub and add another later if needed. At this point you don't need to think about adding second sub.
Denon x3800h is good to go , It has all channel preouts option. I you need more power then u can hook it to External power amplifier and drive speakers in the future.

😀 Take some movie rip which has good action track and play with these speakers, you should be able to make the difference. For me Polk speakers are slightly more brighter than Monitor Audio. Monitor Audio sounds balanced.
Also Listen to tracks with Sub on and off, You should be choosing the speaker which produces mid bass better , and highs in balanced.
I don't have a budget of 2 SVS SB1000 pro
I am getting a good deal on one for 55k(3 months old). That's why i am more inclined.

@edjamesx
@Yelamanchili manohar
@k-pad
@sud98

The older monitor audio bronze range had a peaky treble. But the newer ones are supposed to be more balanced from top to bottom. Since you tried them and found them non-offensive, I think you are good to go with them.

Ideally I would recommend you to start with the Denon Avr-3800 H and two floor standers for now. As and when you have spare funds incoming, you can add a sub, followed by a center channel and finally the second sub. No point splitting available funds over a lot of stuff, as we will have to compromise on quality. I took almost 2 years from start to finish to complete my HT in 2013. I havent bothered to even change a single cable hence. It still sounds great even after 11 years. So take your time and invest in quality components as and when funds allow. Otherwise the merry go round of upgrades will keep ongoing :)

The SVS 1000 series is too small for your space. Please wait till you can go for the 2000 series as a minimum. And HT subs sound best when they are ported. My recommendation would be rythmik, followed by XTZ.

Back