Hunt for TV again & my observations. Requesting suggestions..

SOS!
@lightgamer @Donivlapog @nitz_vision @vkalia and others

finally in a couple of RD outlets here i was able to get confirmation for the C755 (and U7K). these're the options with prices i have now:

1. U7K 85", mrp 1.99L. availability is suspect; will be confirmed by RD in a couple of days. pricing can be worked out, they said. lightgamer previously said that if it dips down to 1.5L (or even 1.6L) then its worth considering.

2. TCL C755 75". mrp 1.8L. ready availability with RD (not on display though). and with ICICI credit-card, can be had for 1.7L. RD folks were/arent willing to bargain any further on this price, nor was croma (but croma has asked for 10 days for availability). though i can try to haggle if finalising this model.

3. Sony X90L 75". best price from RD as well as croma is 2.15-2.18L plus 10k cashback on cc. there's room for further negotiation.

3. LG G2 65". yes, finally found it, at croma! listed for 2.5L there but best price offered was 2.05L plus 10k or so cashback and again, there's still further room for negotiation.

now i am in royal confusion about size v/s quality and which model to go for! as i stated earlier that my actual viewing-distance is 12-14 ft. for that distance, 65" seems to be just about okay, 85" might be a bit overkill (perhaps), while 75" size seems to be the sweetspot. again, room-conditions are semi-bright during day (no direct sunlight on the TV but large windows to the side of the TV perpendicular to it). we prefer to keep the curtains open during early noon, while after that can draw-in the curtains (esp. so during summers). evening hours lights remain on, unless watching a movie late night (usually me alone).

so my doubts are:

A) should i opt for the 85" U7K if stock is confirmed by RD? i can quote a price of 1.4L and see where it goes from there.

B) or if not, then in 75" size which one would be better to have - the TCL C755 or the Sony X90L? confused esp. because there's not too much of a price-difference between the two. through online-reading the consensus seems to be with the X90L (and even one digitaltrends review tells positively about the X90L when pitted against Hisense & TCL mini-LEDs). i watched a few clips on the C835 & the X90L side-by-side. the C835 seemed like in between an OLED & the X90L, lesser bright, panel similar to OLED, good blacks, fluid motion while the X90L seemed to have brighter & more vibrant PQ & colours, like a perfect daytime-viewing TV! and the C755 is considered a tad above C835 with its newer chipset. (@vkalia your earlier post about maximizing value rang in my mind while i typed this. very fair and logical point you had made. still wrote this because i found the C835's PQ & panel likeable, almost like an OLED :p couldnt test at considerable length though...and C755/C805 is between C835 & C845. i might eventually go with the 75X90L only though if opting for 75" TV going by your suggestion & several others' on the web.)

C) or, ditch all these in favour of the best tech among these, the LG G2 OLED BUT at 65"?

one thing that both the outlets, croma & RD have cautioned me against hisense & TCL is that their customer-service is like non-existent and in case if something goes awry you'll have to get in touch with these makers yourself & the retailer wont play any role in between (RD esp. said so while croma person told me about the woes of a recent TCL customer who's been forced to wait for parts for his TV since >2.5 months now). not sure if RD said that to dissuade me from buying TCL, but kind of believable, because we know the poor support-service of these manufacturers. if only i could've had the G2 at 77", wouldnt have had to think so much! :/

kindly advise & suggest whenever free..

(P.S. - @k-pad i visited vijay sales both outlets here. but these above were better prices from RD & croma plus found the models too here i was looking for.)
IF 75 is the sweetspot, go for it. The best OLED choice is in 65" only, among the choice you have, and so if support is the issue, go for X90 Sony. Or else TCL mini LED if you are not bothered about after sales support or the lack of it. Sony X90 has been a message board top picks over the years and its picture processor is a stellar, heavily researched and devoloped specimen (XR) that even cleanly processes 8k (as in its top of the brass, rare breed Z series) can upscale really well which matters for sd content.

so my doubts are:

A) should i opt for the 85" U7K if stock is confirmed by RD? i can quote a price of 1.4L and see where it goes from there.
For anything over 10 feet, 85" is minimum and 98" is preferrable.

My current viewing distance is around 10 feet for 85" and I believe 98" would have been a lot more immersive, though 85" is good too. 75" and below are absolute no.
B) or if not, then in 75" size which one would be better to have - the TCL C755 or the Sony X90L?
X90L >> C755 if you're going with 75". The price difference will be worth it due to the processing difference.

You can consider C755 if you get it below 1.6 lakhs as a value pick, but I'd stretch my budget. Unfortunately, 85" C755 has gone from 2.08 lakhs to almost 3 lakhs in price due to hikes over last couple of months. Else that would be a good alternative to X90L.
C) or, ditch all these in favour of the best tech among these, the LG G2 OLED BUT at 65"?
I wouldn't do this. 65" should be a no no at anything beyond 8 feet.

My recommendation would be 85" U7K or 75" X90L, depending on what price you get and your preference of viewing immersion vs low bit rate quality.

If you mostly watch 1080p or below content, 75" X90L would be my suggestion. If you mostly watch 4k content, 85" U7K would be my preference.

IF 75 is the sweetspot, go for it. The best OLED choice is in 65" only, among the choice you have, and so if support is the issue, go for X90 Sony. Or else TCL mini LED if you are not bothered about after sales support or the lack of it. Sony X90 has been a message board top picks over the years and its picture processor is a stellar, heavily researched and devoloped specimen (XR) that even cleanly processes 8k (as in its top of the brass, rare breed Z series) can upscale really well which matters for sd content.
X90L >> C755 if you're going with 75". The price difference will be worth it due to the processing difference.

You can consider C755 if you get it below 1.6 lakhs as a value pick, but I'd stretch my budget. Unfortunately, 85" C755 has gone from 2.08 lakhs to almost 3 lakhs in price due to hikes over last couple of months. Else that would be a good alternative to X90L.
My recommendation would be 85" U7K or 75" X90L, depending on what price you get and your preference of viewing immersion vs low bit rate quality.

If you mostly watch 1080p or below content, 75" X90L would be my suggestion. If you mostly watch 4k content, 85" U7K would be my preference.

thanks!
i was thinking the same esp. because till now i haven't been in the habit of watching 4k stuff, having had an FHD TV till now...plus even then in the future too most of my stuff wont be in 4k, atleast 40-60% of it i reckon would still be FHD/720p or/and lesser (mostly YT videos and some movies/shows in those resolutions), in which case i'll need better processing power. would the nvidia shield be able to handle that, making X90L's processing redundant? if thats the case then perhaps the C755 can also be a good choice esp. if i can have it for <1.6L? from some reading i've done, it seems the shield isn't really required with the X90L.

For anything over 10 feet, 85" is minimum and 98" is preferrable.
I wouldn't do this. 65" should be a no no at anything beyond 8 feet.

still, ye dil hai ki maanta nahi! 😁 the prospect of having & owning an OLED is too tempting 😁 (even though am not gonna be utilising it/its features like for gaming etc. to the full). having been habitual of watching 50" plasma in that distance all these years, feeling that may be i can put up rather well with the bigger 65" too. read that some people are more than happy with 65" even at 10-11ft distance. gonna spend next few days again demoing these TVs/sizes specifically to (hopefully) arrive at a conclusion. 😅

again many many thanks gents for your suggestions! 😊

again, room-conditions are semi-bright during day (no direct sunlight on the TV but large windows to the side of the TV perpendicular to it). we prefer to keep the curtains open during early noon, while after that can draw-in the curtains (esp. so during summers). evening hours lights remain on, unless watching a movie late night (usually me alone).

just for reference, the brightness-level & reflections on my current TV's panel during daytime/noons:

and then there's reflection of night-lamps during night if kept turned on during viewing, but those i can adjust.
(the yellow cover on the TV, that measures 65 inches.)

Attachments

• IMG20240225135856.jpg
    IMG20240225135856.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG20240225140150.jpg
    IMG20240225140150.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG20240225140150.jpg
    IMG20240225140150.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG20240225140309.jpg
    IMG20240225140309.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG20240225135954.jpg
    IMG20240225135954.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG20240225140343.jpg
    IMG20240225140343.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 29
thanks!
i was thinking the same esp. because till now i haven't been in the habit of watching 4k stuff, having had an FHD TV till now...plus even then in the future too most of my stuff wont be in 4k, atleast 40-60% of it i reckon would still be FHD/720p or/and lesser (mostly YT videos and some movies/shows in those resolutions), in which case i'll need better processing power. would the nvidia shield be able to handle that, making X90L's processing redundant? if thats the case then perhaps the C755 can also be a good choice esp. if i can have it for <1.6L? from some reading i've done, it seems the shield isn't really required with the X90L.
Nvidia shield won't make up for the motion processing differences between Sony and TCL/Hisense. Also the shield is too old. Newest gen Apple TV 4k has more natural processing, but again the motion difference is there.

If majority of your viewing is going to be 1080p, I think 75" X90L is a good option.

still, ye dil hai ki maanta nahi! 😁 the prospect of having & owning an OLED is too tempting 😁 (even though am not gonna be utilising it/its features like for gaming etc. to the full). having been habitual of watching 50" plasma in that distance all these years, feeling that may be i can put up rather well with the bigger 65" too. read that some people are more than happy with 65" even at 10-11ft distance. gonna spend next few days again demoing these TVs/sizes specifically to (hopefully) arrive at a conclusion. 😅
This makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. You don't spend 2 lakhs to 'put up' with a TV (size or PQ). Size itself is a quality, the immersion it provides can't be matched with PQ.

You'll be happy with all of these choices. The U7K and C755 display almost perfect blacks. Check out my pics for reference here. OLED is slightly better ofc in a completely black room and especially with specular highlights and contrast, but 65 to 85 is a massive, massive difference.

I have a 65" Sony A95K QD-OLED in bedroom (viewing distance 10 feet) and 85" U7K in living room (viewing distance 10 feet again). 80% of the time I prefer the U7K despite it's inferior PQ because the size provides way better immersion. I prefer the Sony for most 1080p content and anime (colours pop on QD-OLED and upscaling is top notch) and bit-starved web series.
just for reference, the brightness-level & reflections on my current TV's panel during daytime/noons:

and then there's reflection of night-lamps during night if kept turned on during viewing, but those i can adjust.
(the yellow cover on the TV, that measures 65 inches.)
With this kind of lighting, U7K or C755 or X90L or an OLED will look the same. All will look perfect. OLED makes sense only in a perfectly light controlled room. For everything else, miniLED is more than enough.

TL;DR:

You should consider X90L or 85" U7K. Go to a showroom with a 75" and 85" TV side by side, stand 12 feet away from it (usually floor tiling is 2x2 feet, I use it to measure). If size difference is not significant, go with the X90L eyes closed, you'll love it. If you want the size, nothing matches U7K 85" below 2 lakhs.

You should consider X90L or 85" U7K. Go to a showroom with a 75" and 85" TV side by side, stand 12 feet away from it (usually floor tiling is 2x2 feet, I use it to measure). If size difference is not significant, go with the X90L eyes closed, you'll love it. If you want the size, nothing matches U7K 85" below 2 lakhs.
thanks! yes i'll be doing that. to me till now in showrooms the 75/77" has seemed to be just about the right size.

at night i had a change of mind after watching a comparative review of the X90L with A80L ('Brian's Tech Therapy') and almost decided to up my budget to include a 77" LG G2 if i can negotiate for it to have it at a good price-point. do you think this'd be a good option then?

thanks! yes i'll be doing that. to me till now in showrooms the 75/77" has seemed to be just about the right size.
It seems like the right size till you check out an 85" and then it seems small. Try to check out a Sony X95L. It only comes in 85" and any big croma/RD will have it on display.

at night i had a change of mind after watching a comparative review of the X90L with A80L ('Brian's Tech Therapy') and almost decided to up my budget to include a 77" LG G2 if i can negotiate for it to have it at a good price-point. do you think this'd be a good option then?
If you really want an OLED 77" and have a corporate account, Samsung is selling 77" S90C for 2.7 lakhs on their repackaged store (samsung corporate store > repackaged sale)

Screenshot 2024-02-26 at 10.34.26.png

if Below 3L Lg g2 77 is steal! but definitely need a extended warranty!

I’d actually opt for 85”. My viewing distance is 9’ approx and the 75” is fantastic for that - I wouldn’t be happy with a smaller size. For 12-14’, I’d go for a larger screen, personally.

FWIW, i went and checked out several OLEDs last year when i was looking to buy. My initial plan was a 75 X90L or a 77 S90C, but i dont really watch a lot of TV (1-2 sessions of watching a movie or a show, UFC on Sunday and maybe 2-3 NHL games - that’s my weekly TV quota), and i took a gamble on the U7K. Personally, i am very happy with the TV. The blacks arent OLED-level black, but they are black enough. The color, contrast, everything is very satisfying and the drop in quality was small enough that i do not miss the better quality TV (and in general, i am actually in the camp of “spend more, get the best product you can sensibly afford”). Maybe i got lucky with the unit i have, maybe i dont have champagne tastes when it comes to TVs (unlike audio)…. But i will recommend having a look at the Hisense if you can.

Because if you find the picture quality acceptable, the 85” screen is going to be a LOT more immersive than a 75” screen.

One other suggestion i have - at some point, the quality difference between 2 TVs/speakers/amps/whatever gets small enough that they are more or less comparable. When i reach a stage where i have to do a lot of A/B testing or focus really hard to figure out which i better, I stop obsessing about the quality difference at that point and focus on other factors (price, service, etc).

if Below 3L Lg g2 77 is steal! but definitely need a extended warranty!

just coming back from croma & unfortunately i was told neither do they have the G2 in 77" nor even the G3, and they are not also lined up for restocking.

am at now another store to check up on the pricing for G3 & C3 77".

I’d actually opt for 85”. My viewing distance is 9’ approx and the 75” is fantastic for that - I wouldn’t be happy with a smaller size. For 12-14’, I’d go for a larger screen, personally.

FWIW, i went and checked out several OLEDs last year when i was looking to buy. My initial plan was a 75 X90L or a 77 S90C, but i dont really watch a lot of TV (1-2 sessions of watching a movie or a show, UFC on Sunday and maybe 2-3 NHL games - that’s my weekly TV quota), and i took a gamble on the U7K. Personally, i am very happy with the TV. The blacks arent OLED-level black, but they are black enough. The color, contrast, everything is very satisfying and the drop in quality was small enough that i do not miss the better quality TV (and in general, i am actually in the camp of “spend more, get the best product you can sensibly afford”). Maybe i got lucky with the unit i have, maybe i dont have champagne tastes when it comes to TVs (unlike audio)…. But i will recommend having a look at the Hisense if you can.

Because if you find the picture quality acceptable, the 85” screen is going to be a LOT more immersive than a 75” screen.

One other suggestion i have - at some point, the quality difference between 2 TVs/speakers/amps/whatever gets small enough that they are more or less comparable. When i reach a stage where i have to do a lot of A/B testing or focus really hard to figure out which i better, I stop obsessing about the quality difference at that point and focus on other factors (price, service, etc).

am really willing for the 85" U7K but unfortunately its not available anywhere. got confirmation of that from RD too today. the second option in 85" category is the TCL C755 for me but that too is apparently not in stock. only viable options left for me now seem to be the 75" X90L/C755, 77S90C (not very willing for the samsung though), or 65" G2 (not in stock right now, only display piece available; might be restocked later).

am really willing for the 85" U7K but unfortunately its not available anywhere. got confirmation of that from RD too today. the second option in 85" category is the TCL C755 for me but that too is apparently not in stock. only viable options left for me now seem to be the 75" X90L/C755, 77S90C (not very willing for the samsung though), or 65" G2 (not in stock right now, only display piece available; might be restocked later).

sadly being left with no option in the 85" category, and no outlet having G2 in 77" (nor croma having it in current stock even for 65"), am tilting towards the 77" S90C now. downloading various clips to test on the TV vis-a-vis the C3 & X90L. checking online videos i find that the S90C has a very reddish tint/tone to its colours which is putting-off. the reviewers insist that in-person it doesnt look like that, and that only on camera it appears so. but the croma salesperson told me that one of his customers had infact returned the S90C because of "too much reddishness in everything" (i hadnt mentioned to him that in online videos too it was looking apparent). i checked on reddit & there too several users have complained about this but also shared solutions which they claim work. plus during my last audition of the C3 & S90C i had found that the details on the S90C seemed slightly blurry (close-up shot of the face of will smith in a clip of 'gemini man'). will check all these things again and see what's the best offer i can get for the S90C as well as C3 (both 77"), and compare with the X90L to take a call.

hello gents! some updates (and request for advice, again)..kindly bear my essay..

plus during my last audition of the C3 & S90C i had found that the details on the S90C seemed slightly blurry (close-up shot of the face of will smith in a clip of 'gemini man'). will check all these things again and see what's the best offer i can get for the S90C as well as C3 (both 77"), and compare with the X90L to take a call.

1. i am not considering the S90C anymore (sorry @lightgamer 😌) - not finding G2 in stock, i was almost set on pursuing negotiations for the S90C when i ran this comparison again and found the above to be indeed true. i could make this out from even at ~6-8ft distance, and upon closer scrutiny, found this to be the case. samsung's processing fell short of LG's & sony's. i checked it on a different clip from the same movie. while the colour-differences i didnt find substantial between the S90C & C3 (both having some strengths & weaknesses relative to each other in different scenes, with the C3 having some slightly better specular highlights i felt); however the picture on the S90C had several spots which looked patchy/waxy/blurry, including in colours, esp. in close-up shots in scenes (pics attached). C3 had a really clear image, alongwith on the X90L.

the second thing that was kind-of putting off was that the reading of files from USB drive in S90C was really really, painfully slow, and many files had laggy or stuttering playback. this was really surprising. even though this could be of little concern if ext. streaming box or HTPC is going to be used, but still, left a not-so-good impression.

2. i think i'll be removing the C755 too from my shortlist because its tough to simply place order for it when its nowhere on display and with supposedly no chances of it coming on the display-shelves anytime soon. and when i demoed the C835, didnt find the PQ very pleasing esp. after watching the C3 & X90L first. so it becomes all the more tough to choose the C755 without having a look at it first, because what if i dont find the TV or its motion-processing etc satisfactory? wouldn't exactly want to take that chance.

3. so i am left with the A80L, C3 and X90L as the options now. family-folks today really liked the PQ on the X90L, so odds are tilting in the favour of the X90L a bit heavily (sorry @nitz_vision 😌). they took liking to the colour-vibrancy and out-of-the-box-accuracy in colours of the X90L almost instantly (same was the case with a friend whom i took to this 'tour' few days back). while indeed the deep & rich blacks & motion-processing of the C3 mess up your mind, but the warmish colour-tone of it and the details-crushing shadows/blacks on it versus the opposite on the X90L made them sway towards the latter. the C3 would indeed require/work better in dark environment (bedroom, dedicated HT room or totally darkened living-room in the afterhours, like how i used to watch on my plasma TV sometimes at nights) than in brighter conditions (during day & evenings with hall lights). i played my own clips downloaded off of youtube in 480p, 720p, 1080p & 2160p resolutions (incl. some in HDR) on each TV side-by-side, and the X90L's upscaling & colours were noticeably better than the C3's in the sub-4K realm. and almost 30-50% of the content we'll watch will be in 1080p or less (atleast in 720p), so the X90L might fare better in that case. coming from a plasma though, its hard to shake-off the OLED's haunting black images lol. however as @lightgamer has shared in his U7K's review, he also wanted a big bad bright TV for his living-room that could possibly handle whatever was thrown at it without the user bothering too much about light-conditions, burn-in, colours & contrast etc., and something quite similar is at play in my case too, where for once a part of me also wants the same, a bit 'carefree-watch', after doing all this for the past decade with my plasma. but but but, bl00dy damn OLED too...😆

4. now here's where i really need your advice because i need to place order for some model finally, as i will be moving out again for a month in the next 7-8 days and then this purchase will again get stalled - is 2.15L (with cashback) a good deal for 75" X90L? the 65" X90L could be had for 1.35L after cashback. there's a difference of nearly 1L between the prices of these two sizes in the X90L. i gave a lot of thought and sat down with all measurements in our hall and it seems to me that possibly even a 65" could suffice for our viewing (what the family-folks have been insisting to begin with). but just to avoid that 'buyer's remorse' & guilt of feeling of not going for the bigger size & FOMO the immersiveness-factor, is holding me back from opting for the 65". if the price-difference wouldn't have been this much i'd have chosen the 75" in a blink, but now thinking may be i can go back to my earlier-set budget, get the 65" instead, and save some this way (but dont know, may get struck by guilt later?! 😅)

and then down one size, at 65", i have the options of the A80L (or A75L if available) & C3 as well.......well well well! 😁😆 (y'day i couldnt compare the A80L much; i'll do that today). so either i go for the 75" X90L by spending more, or i opt for OLED A80L or C3 by spending a little less and/but at one size less....

many many thanks again!!

Attachments

• IMG20240229160153.jpg
    IMG20240229160153.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG20240229160200.jpg
    IMG20240229160200.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG20240229160132.jpg
    IMG20240229160132.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG20240229160136.jpg
    IMG20240229160136.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG20240229160204.jpg
    IMG20240229160204.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG20240229160140.jpg
    IMG20240229160140.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG20240229160143.jpg
    IMG20240229160143.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
4. now here's where i really need your advice because i need to place order for some model finally, as i will be moving out again for a month in the next 7-8 days and then this purchase will again get stalled - is 2.15L (with cashback) a good deal for 75" X90L? the 65" X90L could be had for 1.35L after cashback. there's a difference of nearly 1L between the prices of these two sizes in the X90L. i gave a lot of thought and sat down with all measurements in our hall and it seems to me that possibly even a 65" could suffice for our viewing (what the family-folks have been insisting to begin with). but just to avoid that 'buyer's remorse' & guilt of feeling of not going for the bigger size & FOMO the immersiveness-factor, is holding me back from opting for the 65". if the price-difference wouldn't have been this much i'd have chosen the 75" in a blink, but now thinking may be i can go back to my earlier-set budget, get the 65" instead, and save some this way (but dont know, may get struck by guilt later?! 😅)

and then down one size, at 65", i have the options of the A80L (or A75L if available) & C3 as well.......well well well! 😁😆 (y'day i couldnt compare the A80L much; i'll do that today). so either i go for the 75" X90L by spending more, or i opt for OLED A80L or C3 by spending a little less and/but at one size less....

many many thanks again!!
Just go with the 75" man. Trust me on this, ask your family members the same question one week after owning the 75" if they feel it's too big. They will say it's probably a bit small and 85" might have been doable.

I have seen so many people say the same thing. My mom was insistent to go with 55" because she felt it was big enough, not even 65". I tried to convince them and they still went with the 55". Now she came to my house recently and saw the 85" she absolutely loved it and said they will also go with 85" on their next TV.

Keep this in mind: No one ever regrets getting a bigger TV.

Just go with the 75" man. Trust me on this, ask your family members the same question one week after owning the 75" if they feel it's too big. They will say it's probably a bit small and 85" might have been doable.

I have seen so many people say the same thing. My mom was insistent to go with 55" because she felt it was big enough, not even 65". I tried to convince them and they still went with the 55". Now she came to my house recently and saw the 85" she absolutely loved it and said they will also go with 85" on their next TV.

Keep this in mind: No one ever regrets getting a bigger TV.

😄
great! yes that's a good point there! so, hope so (even though my mother never really got around to accepting the 'huge' HT speakers in all these years & still occasionally at times in between naggers me about them, but thankfuly she hasn't opined much on TV size, *yet*, lol..hopefully atleast the 'huge' TV won't be an eyesore for her 😁😅) 🤞 🤞
thanks a lot!

i re-watched the tech therapy vid of A80L vs X90L after posting here and even though i was already considering the A80L 65" too by that time, he did say that he wont recommend the X90L over the A80L obviosuly if they are both in 65", but will surely recommend it over the other in case the X90L is 75" while A80L (or similar OLED) is 65"! so 75" X90L it is then for me too it seems as my case is also the same!

(damn you, hisense! no word about restocking the 85U7K, if at all!)

so i suppose you think that this price-quote of 2.15L for the 75X90L is fine and good @lightgamer?

Last edited:
update: i finally booked the Sony 75X90L as @lightgamer had suggested for my use-case! many thanks & a big shout-out to him and all the others here (@Donivlapog @nitz_vision @vkalia @k-pad @rajafan @ssf) who pitched-in to take out time from their busy lives to provide their helpful valuable suggestions!

i placed the order through Croma only, @Harpreet1104. the first preference was Croma only to begin with, having experience of their excellent customer service and help. their competent assistance (particularly of their knowledgeable sales rep. Mr. Vijay Desai - 8591371805) was consistent & constant throughout and they helped me take demos and decision several times over the course of ~2 months whenever i wanted to, without a fuss.

plus would also like to make a special mention of Mr. Jatin Jain (9987766443) of the reputed Shree Jain Traders that has multiple branches across Thane & Mumbai, who was utmost courteous & helpful and highly knowledgeable & co-operative; gave me the best prices in comparison to big retail chains for some models....and Mr. Ganesh Shinde (7038133930) from Reliance Digital, Korum Mall again, who was kind enough to not mind my price-inquiries and helped me with them each time. if not from Croma, i'd certainly have chosen either of the two. anyone from the same place could buy from these stores as well with confidence. i'll definitely consider them too for any future purchases. any FM here who wants to check out this TV if considering this model for their future-purchase or even just to have a look at it is welcome when am back from my tour.

the TV set us back by total 2.39L (incl. 2Y ext. warranty by Tata ZipCare). unfortunately a day before i finalized this TV, the prices of sony TVs had shot up. Mr. Vijay showed me that he had just gotten off of phone-call from regional sony executive who had instructed all retailers to stick to the price-discipline and not 'play' too much with it for sales, else billing of the retailers would get affected. i verified the same later at RD too and got the same reply. nevertheless, since i had been frequenting Croma since beginning, i was provided a 15% discount on using ICICI CC, and some percentage on the ext. warranty. this was the best i could get any from any store for the 75" X90L (the best price for the 65" X90L was from Shree Jain Traders, @1.35L after cashback in January 2024). the breakup of the total cost came out to be ~2.10L (TV w/1Y warranty) + ~2.84k (2Y ext. warranty). sadly the TV will take 6-7 days for delivery & (same-day) installation i was told. i may not be here by the time it comes (hoping that i leave once the TV has arrived & been installed). nevertheless glad that another demo will be scheduled after my return too & if any issues they can be addressed then.

thanks again, everyone!

Last edited:
Vijay showed me that he had just gotten off of phone-call from regional sony executive who had instructed all retailers to stick to the price-discipline and not 'play' too much with it for sales, else billing of the retailers would get affected. i verified the same later at RD too and got the same reply.
Hello, hello, sir!
Just catching up with your thread since the last time I commented.

The above part is very true. This only means you had reached the end of your negotiating power with the dealer. Despite all the pressure on retailers, there indeed is a point where they have to check with the manufacturer's regional sales team. So, you did do well to hit that wall. You could have pushed back on the last revision of price, but it doesn't matter now.

Am very glad you chose what you did. Always best to go with the known devil (big 3).

Congrats and happy viewing.

As others have said, i am sure the family will think the 75 small after three weeks. :D

But fret not. You just need to pull the sofa a bit aage to enjoy the immersion. This wouldn't have been possible with a 65. So, am really really glad you went with a 75.

Couple of more unsolicited points from your pix, if you would not mind.

1. Align the centre speaker front face with the edge of the console.

2. Please, please move the AVR from on top of the subwoofer! :)

Finally, here's to this unit serving you as long, and as faithfully as your trusted plasma.

All the best.

update: i finally booked the Sony 75X90L as @lightgamer had suggested for my use-case! many thanks & a big shout-out to him and all the others here (@Donivlapog @nitz_vision @vkalia @k-pad @rajafan @ssf) who pitched-in to take out time from their busy lives to provide their helpful valuable suggestions!

i placed the order through Croma only, @Harpreet1104. the first preference was Croma only to begin with, having experience of their excellent customer service and help. their competent assistance (particularly of their knowledgeable sales rep. Mr. Vijay Desai - 8591371805) was consistent & constant throughout and they helped me take demos and decision several times over the course of ~2 months whenever i wanted to, without a fuss.

plus would also like to make a special mention of Mr. Jatin Jain (9987766443) of the reputed Shree Jain Traders that has multiple branches across Thane & Mumbai, who was utmost courteous & helpful and highly knowledgeable & co-operative; gave me the best prices in comparison to big retail chains for some models....and Mr. Ganesh Shinde (7038133930) from Reliance Digital, Korum Mall again, who was kind enough to not mind my price-inquiries and helped me with them each time. if not from Croma, i'd certainly have chosen either of the two. anyone from the same place could buy from these stores as well with confidence. i'll definitely consider them too for any future purchases. any FM here who wants to check out this TV if considering this model for their future-purchase or even just to have a look at it is welcome when am back from my tour.

the TV set us back by total 2.39L (incl. 2Y ext. warranty by Tata ZipCare). unfortunately a day before i finalized this TV, the prices of sony TVs had shot up. Mr. Vijay showed me that he had just gotten off of phone-call from regional sony executive who had instructed all retailers to stick to the price-discipline and not 'play' too much with it for sales, else billing of the retailers would get affected. i verified the same later at RD too and got the same reply. nevertheless, since i had been frequenting Croma since beginning, i was provided a 15% discount on using ICICI CC, and some percentage on the ext. warranty. this was the best i could get any from any store for the 75" X90L (the best price for the 65" X90L was from Shree Jain Traders, @1.35L after cashback in January 2024). the breakup of the total cost came out to be ~2.10L (TV w/1Y warranty) + ~2.84k (2Y ext. warranty). sadly the TV will take 6-7 days for delivery & (same-day) installation i was told. i may not be here by the time it comes (hoping that i leave once the TV has arrived & been installed). nevertheless glad that another demo will be scheduled after my return too & if any issues they can be addressed then.

thanks again, everyone!
bigger the better! enjoy the Tv ! have not experienced Sony NON OLED.. price seems good too for 75inch.. share ur viewing experience..

The above part is very true. This only means you had reached the end of your negotiating power with the dealer. Despite all the pressure on retailers, there indeed is a point where they have to check with the manufacturer's regional sales team. So, you did do well to hit that wall. You could have pushed back on the last revision of price, but it doesn't matter now.
not sure if my chasing for an 'ever-better price' with these retailers had any role to play in their call, as it seemed like their routine affair about price-revisions with the makers. or may be they indeed asked for me. nonetheless, i didn't have any more time left to pursue this even further if i wanted to have the TV this month before i left again, so finally settled for the best i could finally get at the moment (hope that i did) :)

Am very glad you chose what you did. Always best to go with the known devil (big 3).

Congrats and happy viewing.

As others have said, i am sure the family will think the 75 small after three weeks. :D
thank you! hope so 😅

But fret not. You just need to pull the sofa a bit aage to enjoy the immersion. This wouldn't have been possible with a 65. So, am really really glad you went with a 75.
i was ready to do that if i had gone for a 65" OLED 😁

Couple of more unsolicited points from your pix, if you would not mind.

1. Align the centre speaker front face with the edge of the console.

2. Please, please move the AVR from on top of the subwoofer! :)
thanks! not at all!

1. that's a NAS unit actually beside the center speaker. i cant push the speaker back anymore as behind it is a cables management box, and still behind it is a sleeve carrying a stream of cables; so no space is left in between all these to push the speaker further back. i could very well instead align the NAS with the speaker, but deliberately didnt do so because our house-help by mistake often keeps pulling apart its front-cover while cleaning/dusting it & sometimes it falls to the floor, so i've kept the unit as far back from the edge of the rack as possible to minimize the risk of its cover falling off & breaking someday.

2. haha..i have initially tried to think a lot of a better place for its placement, but couldnt make any, other than where its placed. thankfully its been resting on its 'makeshift bedding' over a couple of sheets of styrofoam since the beginning & hasnt given me any issues so far
😅🤞

Finally, here's to this unit serving you as long, and as faithfully as your trusted plasma.

All the best.
thank you so much! 😇

bigger the better! enjoy the Tv ! have not experienced Sony NON OLED.. price seems good too for 75inch.. share ur viewing experience..
thanks a lot! 😊

you think so? am glad then! 😀

yes why not! you bet i will! 😊😉

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back