Hunt for TV again & my observations. Requesting suggestions..

TheSeeker

hello everyone,

so after 12 exceptional & exemplary years of repairless-service, my excellent & so-termed 'reference-level' panasonic 50VT20D plasma TV sadly beamed its last some weeks back (Y-board damaged; was unfortunately plugged out of the UPS at the time it was turned on by my father). tried to get it revived but the service tech (contact sourced from the forum itself) said even the display had issues, so better to just get a new TV now. believable, as from some months the display, yes, had developed some quirks (pink artefacts on one corner which appeared on & off for some months & then disappeared for good, but later a black rectangular band appeared on another corner-edge).

anyway, because i was satisfied by this deep-deeper-deepest blacks-level TV, was more-or-less oblivious & nor bothered to read up about the new developments in display-tech (other than OLED), terminologies and new model arrivals, until now. had purchased this one after a lot of research, and so sat down (and stood up to visit stores) to read-up about all this again this time and have been hogging on the various threads here & on reddit. however, as it tends to be, with the plethora of options & tech, got more-and-more confused & entangled in the jargon & wide-variety of models available. hence decided to finally create a thread now requesting members' suggestions.

the essential info-points first:
viewing-distance: 8~10 ft
panel-preference: none as such, but VA, if at all
content to be played: OTT >>>> youtube (480p~4k) >>> movies through HTPC >> occasional gaming (on orig. non-pro PS4 & HTPC with 1050ti) > HD STB. little-to-no sports.
usage-frequency: almost daily and more when am at home, most of it being OTT-content & youtube. and when am away for work, only OTT & very few times STB-usage by parents, but not as much as me.
off-axis viewing: not much. i prefer to watch it from the front. side-viewing only sometimes, that too not at sharp angles, so not much of an issue.
speakers: wont be using TV speakers much as the TV will remain connected to marantz AVR & 7.1.2 HTS. but good speakers will be nice to have as at nights might not be able to use the HT speakers always.
looking for size: 65" / 75"
TV placement: main hall, beside big windows having thick curtains (so the lighting-conditions can be controlled). during daytime-viewing we usually don't want/like to pull the curtains to block sunlight, unless its peak noon during summers.
OS/UI preference: google TV with 3GB of RAM. i use a mibox currently. may not need it later if i get a TV with good fluid smooth responsive UI & regular updates.
budget: <1.5L if possible, although not sure if i should spend as much because of reliability issues/lesser life of TVs now. ideally would like to spend less, but within the sweet spot of great/very good PQ+size & other specs.

models which i had/have shortisted:
1. 65" sony X90L (had not selected it earlier, but shortlisted it today after some comparative viewing)
2. 65" tcl C835 / C755 (not so inclined towards the C835 now after seeing it in person against the X90L today at croma, esp. when its priced at almost the same figure as the X90L there)
3. 65" hisense U7K; would've opted for 75" but it seems to be available only on amazon @1.5L with measly discounts (was half-set on this till few days back, but now very skeptical after reading all the reviews here & everywhere else esp. reg. the after-sales service)
4. 65"/75" vu masterpiece glo (re-considering it now after checking some reviews)
5. 65" lg c2x
6. (any other..?)

my queries:
1. should i compromise on some PQ & processing-power etc. for more screen real-estate? for instance, specifically, would opting for VU masterpiece glo 75" against a 65" sony X90L be a sensible decision? going to visit VU experience centre soon to have a look at their TV.
2. i don't have a console or HTPC capable of 120hz gaming, so would 120hz refresh-rate TV still be good to buy in my case for movie-watching? watched some content in the stores and the picture did look pleasing at higher refresh-rate, but should that be one of the decision-making factors?

my few observations (ongoing):
- i made a couple of visits to RD & croma stores (mumbai/thane). saw TCL C645, C835, samsung S90C, sony X90L & earlier iterations, LG OLEDs etc etc. couldnt find hisense & vu on display anywhere. was earlier set on buying an 50-55" OLED, but then thought it better to upgrade the size. 55" doesnt seem to be much of an upgrade, so have now decided to go for 65" or 75" (pls advise on this based on my viewing-distance).

- croma didnt have LG C2 in stock anymore, while RD has it and said they can give me a "best price" on it, incl. 10% discount on credit-card & then some more. however today i checked 55" C3 against 65" X90L in person at croma, and to my eyes the colours of the X90L looked more vibrant and pleasing (same/similar picture-modes on both the TVs). no doubt blacks on the C3 were great, but it looked noticeably dimmer than the X90L (even though its said to be brighter than the C2), and colour-distinction wasn't as much as on the X90L. after years of watching great blacks on my VT20 but at the cost of low brightness, i think am ready to compromise a bit on the former & opt for more vibrant colour-gamut now.

- compared the incomparables too, like tcl C835 with sony X90L. while alone the C835 looked pleasing, but when pitted against the X90L, the distinction was clear. colours & blacks on the latter were richer and deeper. and just now read that C755 (or C805 outside India) is launched now on amazon. however upon quick reading, found out that it falls between C835 & C845, and @lightgamer says that X90L is already better than C845, so..

- also visited vijay sales once and saw 65" S90C, A80K and X90L stacked on top of each other. X90L here too looked a bit sharper and quite brighter esp. in scenes with white background.

(FWIW, saw a sansui 55" JSW55GS QLED TV at a relative's place recently. newly purchased. looked very good for its price, incl. upscaled content as well as 4K).

i will next be visiting VU experience store and some local stores in my city, as i read here that local stores can sometimes offer better deals than these CE chains. unfortunately my present TV departed for TV-heaven after Deepawali and all other sales. and to top it, i wont be here to avail offers during 26th jan too. croma guy said me to give him a call before i am leaving so that he can help me to avail the offer. thinking of what to do, how to do. if possible i could atleast book the TV at the offer-price before the sale starts, if they let me avail it. lets see..

thanks for reading my long post!
requesting your suggestions, @lightgamer, @Alphaforest, @nitz_vision, @Harpreet1104, @Donivlapog and others..

Last edited:
Except hisense, Vu you can consider rest of three (Samsung , lg, TCL) brands but buy any of TV from croma as their services are way head than any competition.... consider TCL mini LED TV also, quality of Sony X90 is great, didn't experience Samsung/LG.

Except hisense, Vu you can consider rest of three (Samsung , lg, TCL) brands but buy any of TV from croma as their services are way head than any competition.... consider TCL mini LED TV also, quality of Sony X90 is great, didn't experience Samsung/LG.

thanks. yes, croma's service is very good. even RD personnel assured me that in case of brand failing to reach out for warranty-availing purpose, then RD will help; even the extended warranty being offered was by RD only. i however have no previous experience with them.

Thanks for the well articulated post. This helps a lot for anyone trying to help. I'll go point by point and won't suggest or not suggest a TV, as it depends from preference to preference.

First of all, if your budget is 1.5L and you're considering 65" TVs, don't even think about an LCD TV. Ignore the hisense U7k, TCL C755, Sony X90L etc. You should be able to snag the Samsung S90C or the LG C2 for that price, both of which will be way better than LCD, especially for someone coming from a plasma.

Now, coming to your queries:
1. should i compromise on some PQ & processing-power etc. for more screen real-estate? for instance, specifically, would opting for VU masterpiece glo 75" against a 65" sony X90L be a sensible decision? going to visit VU experience centre soon to have a look at their TV.

VU masterpiece is not a good value anymore, don't consider it given the much better options in the market. A good alternative to the 65" X90L would be the 75" U7K or the 75" TCL C755. Among these as well, the C755 should be better than the U7K given the 75" U7K is IPS, plus higher brightness and more dimming zones on the TCL.

It depends on what you'll be using your TV for. For a living room setup where there is always some ambient light, PQ and dimming performance matters less. So I'd suggest going for biggest and brightest TV you can with acceptable dimming. In this case it would be the TCL C755. On the other hand, for a bedroom/dark room setup, just go with an OLED (S90C for example).

Overall, size does matter a LOT. I have the 65" Sony A95K which after discounts costed me 2.5 lakhs last year and the 85" U7K which is a significantly worse TV and cost me 1.3 lakhs. For most of our viewing, me and wife prefer the U7K because the size makes things look grand and 4k HDR content comes alive. It's like a movie theatre at home.

2. i don't have a console or HTPC capable of 120hz gaming, so would 120hz refresh-rate TV still be good to buy in my case for movie-watching? watched some content in the stores and the picture did look pleasing at higher refresh-rate, but should that be one of the decision-making factors?
120Hz TVs also play 24fps content nicely due to it being a 5:1 ratio. 60Hz panels will have judder. So even for pure movie experience, go for a 120Hz panel.

Anyway, it doesn't matter as all the TVs you've shortlisted would support 120Hz anyway.

Given your budget and hall setup, I'd personally recommend you to:

1. If you can stretch your budget a little and want a TV now: go for TCL C755 85". 85" would be perfect for 8-10 feet viewing distance, the panel is bright AF at 1500 nits and 890 zones and the TV after discounts should sit below 2L. Wait for republic day offers in a couple of weeks. If you're strict about budget, can go for 75" C755.
  2. If you can wait for republic day sale: Look for the Hisense U7K 85" coming down to 1.6 lakhs or so (it gets discounted a lot during sales). The 85" U7K in India and China are actually using the U8K panel and have 1296 dimming zones and 1500+ nits brightness. I've been fairly pleased with mine till now and it's a perfect hall TV.
  3. Prefer PQ over size: Samsung S90C, S95C, LG C3 or LG G3.
  4. A good all-rounder: Look for Sony X90L, and see if you can get the 75" for discount around 2L
  5. TVs to avoid: 75" and below U7K (not good enough panels, high failure rate), VU masterpiece glo (outdated and overpriced), Mi Q1 75" (outdated and overpriced), 65" X90L (OLEDs available for similar price)
Since your viewing is mostly high quality OTT, Sony processing and upscaling won't matter much as the content is already fairly good quality.

Lightgamer's recommendations plus maybe you could add QN90C Samsung as well for that price ballpark. (X90L notwithstanding). Neo QLED is the closest rival to the OLED TV, technology and picture quality wise. Samsung infact promoted it more at one point however panels may have a dirty screen effect as was noted by many forumers in the past who bought the 'a' model.

I would suggest NOT to consider VU. I had LG plasma and was using Bose as external speakers via optical out. Sound was good for tv watching. LG died after 10 years. I bought VU 65". Connected the same Bose using same optical cable via optical out of VU. The sound is really horrible. It is ear piercing. Changing the optical cable resulted in the same horrible sound. Tried all the options in the TV's menu. Nothing worked. Tried inbuilt speakers. The same story. Fiddling with EQ made slight improvement from TV speaker, but still worse. Considering buying an android box and use the TV only as display.

thanks for that detailed post @lightgamer! unfortunately i wont be in india during 26th jan to avail the benefits of sales & offers. i could still order a TV online/offline while away, but there'd be nobody back at home for installation & checks. also have deliberately restricted my budget to <1.5L as there may be some chances of me relocating abroad this year or frequent travelling atleast, plus the shorter lifespan & some unreliability factor of today's TVs, so couldnt justify the thought of spending more than that.

VU masterpiece is not a good value anymore, don't consider it given the much better options in the market. A good alternative to the 65" X90L would be the 75" U7K or the 75" TCL C755. Among these as well, the C755 should be better than the U7K given the 75" U7K is IPS, plus higher brightness and more dimming zones on the TCL.
y'day i went to VU's experience store and had a demo. in itself the TV PQ looked good. nothing very special, and not bad either. other TVs on display were samsung frame, sony X90J, VU's gloled, and a couple more. i focused mainly on comparison with the X90J, and particularly in upscaling sub-4K content, surprisingly the VU TV seemed better to me, with smoother & lighter textures than patchy/pixelated & darker/more contrasty picture on the X90J. other than this, the motion-handling & all appeared decent. somewhat tempted for 75". but checked 1-star reviews on amazon, of people complaining about their sets going kaput exactly 1-year after purchase, and recommendations against the TV here (although some FMs also have VU TVs still running, but different models & smaller sizes), am in a fix. offline price of 65" i was quoted was ~93k, while for 75" it was ~1.37L. amazon has far better prices.

It depends on what you'll be using your TV for. For a living room setup where there is always some ambient light, PQ and dimming performance matters less. So I'd suggest going for biggest and brightest TV you can with acceptable dimming. In this case it would be the TCL C755. On the other hand, for a bedroom/dark room setup, just go with an OLED (S90C for example).
TCL C755 is what is tempting me the most for 75", with its features & the said-PQ. further, the S90C is under offer this weekend at kohinoor electronics, being sold for 1.4L as per their advert, and the offer will last only till today as per their sales. checked the TV SBS with the X90L on same/similar PQ-modes, and the S90C seemed darker/more contrasty to me than the X90L, plus i felt slight juddering motion too on the S90C while X90L handled it perfectly. the salesman was insisting that its smooth on S90C, but i didnt feel that. also, no DV support on S90C (or the QN90C) - should that be a factor worth consideration? (@Donivlapog you too, kindly advise)

120Hz TVs also play 24fps content nicely due to it being a 5:1 ratio. 60Hz panels will have judder. So even for pure movie experience, go for a 120Hz panel.
for a moment i was tempted for 75" X82L too, but then realized it doesnt have a 120hz panel!

If you can stretch your budget a little and want a TV now: go for TCL C755 85". 85" would be perfect for 8-10 feet viewing distance, the panel is bright AF at 1500 nits and 890 zones and the TV after discounts should sit below 2L. Wait for republic day offers in a couple of weeks. If you're strict about budget, can go for 75" C755.
this one's what's tempting me the most for 75". however, its a step below the C845 i checked, and C845 doesnt seem to be available in india right now; couldnt find it online & offline. any idea if it'd be released here & when, and whether i should wait for it?

Prefer PQ over size: Samsung S90C, S95C, LG C3 or LG G3.
C3 is over my budget. 65" C2 am getting at close to X90L price after cashback, at RD. but during a SBS viewing, the C2 seemed to me a lot dimmer. infact i even viewed C3 against the X90L, and while the blacks are deep & rich, but during dark scenes, objects & colour seemed virtually indistinguishable to me on the C3, making me think that it'd be not so pleasing to watch such scenes on this TV esp. during daytimes. also, colour-tones on faces were having a reddish tinge while background colours looked subdued (C3). still, i may make a run again to RD today & check the C2 again.

about S90C, is it a good deal at 1.4L, but with no DV? should this be opted over the C2, if at all?

A good all-rounder: Look for Sony X90L, and see if you can get the 75" for discount around 2L
was thinking about it, but croma personnel told me that with all the cashback/offer-price, it'd still cost 2.5L. so, i can only buy the 65" in this, the best price possibly being ~1.3-1.4L from croma.

TVs to avoid: 75" and below U7K (not good enough panels, high failure rate), VU masterpiece glo (outdated and overpriced), Mi Q1 75" (outdated and overpriced), 65" X90L (OLEDs available for similar price)
with the C755 now in picture, not considering the U7K anymore. mi q1 75 @1.3L on amazon not a good price? unfortunately the mi store at my place closed down, and croma-RD etc dont have it, so cant check it locally.

thanks again!

I would suggest NOT to consider VU. I had LG plasma and was using Bose as external speakers via optical out. Sound was good for tv watching. LG died after 10 years. I bought VU 65". Connected the same Bose using same optical cable via optical out of VU. The sound is really horrible. It is ear piercing. Changing the optical cable resulted in the same horrible sound. Tried all the options in the TV's menu. Nothing worked. Tried inbuilt speakers. The same story. Fiddling with EQ made slight improvement from TV speaker, but still worse. Considering buying an android box and use the TV only as display.
thanks. may i know what VU TV have you got? the masterpiece glo?

@TheSeeker Price for LG G2 OLED 55 inch was 1.03 lakh after all cash back and credit card offers with 3 years warranty. You may consider that. 65 inch also may be within your budget. Price was from Croma in bangalore on 3rd Jan 24… G series is their top of the line…

thanks for that detailed post @lightgamer! unfortunately i wont be in india during 26th jan to avail the benefits of sales & offers. i could still order a TV online/offline while away, but there'd be nobody back at home for installation & checks. also have deliberately restricted my budget to <1.5L as there may be some chances of me relocating abroad this year or frequent travelling atleast, plus the shorter lifespan & some unreliability factor of today's TVs, so couldnt justify the thought of spending more than that.\
The shorter lifespan nowadays is just mostly bogus rumours. The panel and PCB on any TV should last at least 7-8 years. The bigger issue nowadays is the higher fault rate, but that happens during the first 1-2 months of ownership.

If your TV lasts 6 months well, you should be good for 7-8 years at least. Hisense wouldn't be stupid enough to offer 4 years warranty to us for U7K if they didn't believe it would last that long.
y'day i went to VU's experience store and had a demo. in itself the TV PQ looked good. nothing very special, and not bad either. other TVs on display were samsung frame, sony X90J, VU's gloled, and a couple more. i focused mainly on comparison with the X90J, and particularly in upscaling sub-4K content, surprisingly the VU TV seemed better to me, with smoother & lighter textures than patchy/pixelated & darker/more contrasty picture on the X90J. other than this, the motion-handling & all appeared decent. somewhat tempted for 75". but checked 1-star reviews on amazon, of people complaining about their sets going kaput exactly 1-year after purchase, and recommendations against the TV here (although some FMs also have VU TVs still running, but different models & smaller sizes), am in a fix. offline price of 65" i was quoted was ~93k, while for 75" it was ~1.37L. amazon has far better prices.
X90J isn't a TV I'd recommend. Also showroom video settings matter a lot. Motion interpolation could be turned on in one set but disabled in another.

If you liked the VU, you would love the U7K and TCL C755. Both of these are much much better sets. Ignore the VU.
TCL C755 is what is tempting me the most for 75", with its features & the said-PQ. further, the S90C is under offer this weekend at kohinoor electronics, being sold for 1.4L as per their advert, and the offer will last only till today as per their sales. checked the TV SBS with the X90L on same/similar PQ-modes, and the S90C seemed darker/more contrasty to me than the X90L, plus i felt slight juddering motion too on the S90C while X90L handled it perfectly. the salesman was insisting that its smooth on S90C, but i didnt feel that. also, no DV support on S90C (or the QN90C) - should that be a factor worth consideration? (@Donivlapog you too, kindly advise)
DV doesn't matter as much. Even on TV's which don't have DV, they can play the base HDR10 layer and do dynamic tone mapping. Between getting DV and 10% better panel, the 10% better panel would perform better.

DV should only matter if you're getting a comparable TV with DV at the SAME price.

for a moment i was tempted for 75" X82L too, but then realized it doesnt have a 120hz panel!
X82L is trash. It looks good in showroom, but once you dim down the lights in your room, the lack of local dimming will hit hard. For Sony, anything less than X90L is not worth considering.
this one's what's tempting me the most for 75". however, its a step below the C845 i checked, and C845 doesnt seem to be available in india right now; couldnt find it online & offline. any idea if it'd be released here & when, and whether i should wait for it?
C755 should still be much above the VU masterpiece and comparable to the C845.

C845 is an older panel, won't be released in India.
C3 is over my budget. 65" C2 am getting at close to X90L price after cashback, at RD. but during a SBS viewing, the C2 seemed to me a lot dimmer. infact i even viewed C3 against the X90L, and while the blacks are deep & rich, but during dark scenes, objects & colour seemed virtually indistinguishable to me on the C3, making me think that it'd be not so pleasing to watch such scenes on this TV esp. during daytimes. also, colour-tones on faces were having a reddish tinge while background colours looked subdued (C3). still, i may make a run again to RD today & check the C2 again.
Settings matter a lot. In a dimmer viewing environment like your home and if you set the settings properly, C2 and C3 will look very bright. You won't bother about the brightness.

But if S90C is available at 1.4 lakhs, that's a better set than C3.
about S90C, is it a good deal at 1.4L, but with no DV? should this be opted over the C2, if at all?
Yes, S90C is better than C2 and C3.
was thinking about it, but croma personnel told me that with all the cashback/offer-price, it'd still cost 2.5L. so, i can only buy the 65" in this, the best price possibly being ~1.3-1.4L from croma.
Ignore the X90L then. Not worth paying 1.4L for a 65" LCD.
with the C755 now in picture, not considering the U7K anymore. mi q1 75 @1.3L on amazon not a good price? unfortunately the mi store at my place closed down, and croma-RD etc dont have it, so cant check it locally.
If you're not considering the U7K, the mi and the VU are significantly worse than the U7K in every way. They are 2 year old models and simply not in the same tier.

Now my revised recommendations would be:

Big size and good performance: C755 75". Buy with confidence. This is the most VFM TV right now in India unless the 85" U7K dips down in price to 1.5L

Best PQ under 1.5L: S90C. Go for it for 1.4L. It's a great deal.

If you can wait: 85" U7K if it dips down in price to 1.5L. A lot of us got it for 1.4-1.6L and at that price it's a steal.

quick price-update (from a different store):

sony 65X90L -1.3L after cashback
lg 65C3 - 1.69L after cashback
samsung QN85C - 1.35L after cashback

now going to RD, croma & kohinoor to test S90C & LG C3 against others.
@lightgamer LG has 3Y warranty against samsung's 1Y. even though S90C is said to be a better TV, wouldnt the 3Y warranty by LG be better to have?
thanks!

quick price-update (from a different store):

sony 65X90L -1.3L after cashback
lg 65C3 - 1.69L after cashback
samsung QN85C - 1.35L after cashback

now going to RD, croma & kohinoor to test S90C & LG C3 against others.
@lightgamer LG has 3Y warranty against samsung's 1Y. even though S90C is said to be a better TV, wouldnt the 3Y warranty by LG be better to have?
thanks!
I’m fairly sure S90C comes with 2 year warranty.

You should be able to buy extended warranty from Samsung if you want, but not worth it IMO. Almost no good brand tv will go kaput between 1 and 3 years.

I’m fairly sure S90C comes with 2 year warranty.

You should be able to buy extended warranty from Samsung if you want, but not worth it IMO. Almost no good brand tv will go kaput between 1 and 3 years.

its 1+1 warranty in samsung, the 2nd year warranty covering only the panel.

just watched the S90C SBS with a C3. colours on the C3 are having natural tone & not so bright but motion noticeably smoother than on the S90C, which has punchier colours & brighter display.

its 1+1 warranty in samsung, the 2nd year warranty covering only the panel.

just watched the S90C SBS with a C3. colours on the C3 are having natural tone & not so bright but motion noticeably smoother than on the S90C, which has punchier colours & brighter display.
Must be some motion settings. Motion should be about the same on both.

Set all motion enhancements off on both models before judging motions, or set both to filmmaker mode.

Must be some motion settings. Motion should be about the same on both.

Set all motion enhancements off on both models before judging motions, or set both to filmmaker mode.

both were running on the same/similar settings - dynamic/vivid, then filmmaker & cinema-modes. even the salesperson agreed in a particular scene about the motion judder where it was too apparent.

nevertheless, i also didnt like the colours on the panel of the S90C. although popular opinion seems to be that the S90C is very colourful & bright, to my eyes, the colours looked over-saturated, a thing that is kind-of usual with samsung displays i believe. even back when i was in the market a decade back for my present TV, i had noticed this. had initially gone to check LED TVs & buy something from that stable, but my eyes incidentally fell on a plasma set hung up innocently at the last on a corner & i instantly fell for its natural colours & tone. and thereafter started my month-long quest & research for a good plasma TV and i ended up finally with the present one. at that time too i had noticed this over-saturation with samsung TVs; perhaps its peculiar to them.

anyway, seems i might be once again going the same route, because today i finally got to check X90L, C2, C3 & G3 all of them exactly SBS, and thats when the X90L suffered a blow for the stature it had acquired in mind till now. while alone or at a distance from other TVs, the X90L looked excellent to me esp. in 4K videos with rich colours (just even 'standard' mode was sufficient for me; 'vivid' was quite the colour-pop) & great but not eye-straining brightness, the colours on it indeed looked washed-out when seen with a C2/C3 just on its side.
checked gameplay of TLOU2, and it was all-too-apparent in the ambient & object colours & hues of the gameplay scenes. blacks too were washed out or/and bluish, while text had blooming (not bothersome to me though) so i could imagine that during night-time viewing in a dark scene the blooming might become more prominent on this. plus the panel itself looked not so great, and had the same washed-out look against the exquisite black of the LG OLEDs (even the S90C panel didnt look as great). so it appears that i might be going back on my own words about my budget and may well overshoot it in favour of the (LG) OLED ultimately 😅 and here i had initially begun on the note that enough of deep blacks all these years, now am ready for some eye-popping colours & brightness! 😁
still, if possible i'll give another dekko at S90C & C3 SBS in another showroom later today.

to summarize (more for myself)..
final contenders are:
65" C3 (RD says that if i can finalize, they might be able to offer it to me for less than 1.69L, the best quote which i had quote today from a store) / 65" X90L @1.3L OR 75" X90L if possible to get at a bargain-value /
65" S90C (though slim chance) /
75" C755 (albeit, i demoed C835 again today & didnt like the darkish colour tone hiding the details, though motion was good)

still a bit tough choice!

@naviworks the croma guys were unable to believe the pricing you mentioned for the 55" G2, guessing that it could be a display-unit. and they dont have the 65" model. said their order of ten 65" TVs is pending since long with the supplier without any update.

I recently purchased a Sony x90k 75 for a reasonable price. Watching it standalone for OTT and Youtube, am quite satisfied. Did not want to spend more than twice the amount for a better 65 inch TV. Size does matter. Warranty is 3 years.

I recently purchased a Sony x90k 75 for a reasonable price. Watching it standalone for OTT and Youtube, am quite satisfied. Did not want to spend more than twice the amount for a better 65 inch TV. Size does matter. Warranty is 3 years.

even i am contemplating that if i can get 75" X90L for a good price i may just buy that one instead of the OLED

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back