Sony 75X9500G (demo piece) vs Samsung 70CU7700 (brand new)

gautamsarin

As the topic states, I am confused between these 2 TVs. Getting Sony 75X9500G for INR 95K which is a demo piece and has only 1 year Sony warranty which can't be extended. The other option is brand new Samsung 70 inch CU7700 from Reliance Digital which I have negotiated down to INR 81k and will have a 3 year warranty. I will prefer the larger 75 inch Sony, but I am conscious of the fact that it's a demo piece and the model is now 3 years old, while the Samsung is a newer 2022/23 model, even though a basic model.

I am mainly going to use the TV for OTT consumption and a bit of casual ps4 gaming. My viewing distance is 14 feet.

Eager to hear everyone's views which can help me make this decision. Thanks.

I'd take the 75X9500G, it's a few tiers above in performance even if it's a demo piece.

You're still getting warranty and LCD TVs don't really get burn-in or any such issue

Me, in this situation will not take any risk in getting a Demo piece though they give One year warranty

I would happily go for the Samsung considering it a new one, not a Demo piece and be happy with the 3 year warranty

or

look for TV's from other brand (LG) at this price range

As the topic states, I am confused between these 2 TVs. Getting Sony 75X9500G for INR 95K which is a demo piece and has only 1 year Sony warranty which can't be extended. The other option is brand new Samsung 70 inch CU7700 from Reliance Digital which I have negotiated down to INR 81k and will have a 3 year warranty. I will prefer the larger 75 inch Sony, but I am conscious of the fact that it's a demo piece and the model is now 3 years old, while the Samsung is a newer 2022/23 model, even though a basic model.

I am mainly going to use the TV for OTT consumption and a bit of casual ps4 gaming. My viewing distance is 14 feet.

Sony's X9500 series is top line product with great picture processor (X1 ultimate i think in "G"), the 65" was selling for 1.5 lakhs which highrolled all over India in few days since its launch. No stocks pretty much in RD or Croma. Thats the legacy vintage deal you are being offered. An FMer even claimed it beats WRGB OLED TVs in many aspects (such as black crushing, brightness etc...vanilla white backgrounds in snowwhite landscapes etc...)

But like SiR said warranty is important too as old TVs have spare parts post warranty issue. They will offer you an exchange deal at best post warranty but thats a universal issue. X1 ultimate could easily power an 8k TV and so the picture processor is worth considering the TV. It will upscale naturally.

Get the Sony 75X9500G, much better TV and LCD's don't suffer from demo TV damage, so you are fine in that regard.
Was 75" launched in India in X9500G model in the first place? 65" only was available in 95 series until "H", the way I remember it.

let me know which RD it's available if you do not plan to take the 75". I might go for it :)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back