New OLED advice - Samsung S95B vs Sony A80K

art3mis

Need some buying advice after spending a day watching YouTube reviews. My 12 yr old Panny plasma is past its expiry date so in the market for an Oled.
After initial searching narrowed my choice to the Samsung S95B or the Sony A80K which my local Best Buy has on sale. I don't think the extra $1000 premium for the newer Samsung A95C is worth it.
I work in the vfx industry and have a background as photographer filmmaker so color picture accuracy is paramount. I’ve read that in general Samsung over saturates their colors. With the latest firmware update in Filmmaker Mode has this been resolved?
The other issue less important is the very poor UI that Samsung has.
Can any owners of either tv suggest other reasons to buy one over the other?
Also is the BestBuy extended warranty a good idea? 4 years peace of mind for an additional $200?
Thanks!

Need some buying advice after spending a day watching YouTube reviews. My 12 yr old Panny plasma is past its expiry date so in the market for an Oled.
After initial searching narrowed my choice to the Samsung S95B or the Sony A80K which my local Best Buy has on sale. I don't think the extra $1000 premium for the newer Samsung A95C is worth it.
I work in the vfx industry and have a background as photographer filmmaker so color picture accuracy is paramount. I’ve read that in general Samsung over saturates their colors. With the latest firmware update in Filmmaker Mode has this been resolved?
Also is the BestBuy extended warranty a good idea? 4 years peace of mind for an additional $200?
Thanks!
QD-OLED is a better than WOLED. Buttttttttt. And the but is big here!! ))

Dolby Vision, DTS support in Sony A80k vs QD-OLED Panel's brightness advantage is a close contest.

Thanks!

This group is primarly India-centric. So while you may get opinions re picture quality, the pricing around here is very different (and unfortunately, a lot higher) than in Canada. So “worth it” is likely going to be different here.

Sony would be better option according to me.
Although the competition is neck to neck here are a few noteworthy highlights between these two models:
  • Sony's Picture quality and optimization is way better. Even non-HDR content looks wonderful.
  • Samsung's coarse/ fine control of the settings will allow you optimize the picture quality to your heart's desire.
  • Sony offers better gaming perfomance and better in-game HDR with support for PS5.
  • Samsung offers better integration with smart home devices.
  • Sony's brightness level is just sufficient, yes having more brighness is better but has negligible difference in daily usage.
Good luck

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back