LG C2 65 OLED Vs Samsung QN90B 65

I think the 55" G2 is around 1.3-1.4 range right now. But 2.15 is too high even for the 65" G2.
55G2 may go 20-30k above 55C2 while that difference may be approximately 40K or so when it comes to 65G2. Sales usually has tendency to push G2 over C2, that helps getting a better deal with G2. 2.15 may be quoted price without much bargain.

G2 55 is not 2.15L.currently it should be around 1.2-1.3L range and may go down further around diwali
I think the 55" G2 is around 1.3-1.4 range right now. But 2.15 is too high even for the 65" G2.
May I know where is this price available? Croma first quoted me 145k but later changed it to 158k citing some price updates from backed.

reviving an old thread.
I was thinking of changing an ageing Samsung .

Went to LG store to check C2 and G2.
Pricing offered is decent. I did not find any issues with peak brightness also - its not as good as mini LED but sufficient for moderately lit room.
In fact bright scenes looked quite nice and pleasing with very accurate colors on both the sets.

I did however notice a very different issue that I seem to be finding very different opinions on the Internet about.
On playback of very dark scenes in HDR (which is quite common in a lot of TV/movies these days), the screen was a little too dark - In fact so dark that parts of the screen that should have been gray/ not black were also almost black leading to a major loss of detail in the dark parts.

I tried changing picture mode between Standard/ Cinema/ Moviemaker.
Cinema seemed the best but these dark scenes looked noticeably worse than even my 6-7 year old samsung SUHD.

I am not sure if it is a settings issue. I plan to go tot the store again either today evening or tomorrow.
Any suggestions on settings that required adjustments are welcome

reviving an old thread.

Pricing offered is decent. I did not find any issues with peak brightness also - its not as good as mini LED but sufficient for moderately lit room.
In fact bright scenes looked quite nice and pleasing with very accurate colors on both the sets.

I did however notice a very different issue that I seem to be finding very different opinions on the Internet about.
On playback of very dark scenes in HDR (which is quite common in a lot of TV/movies these days), the screen was a little too dark - In fact so dark that parts of the screen that should have been gray/ not black were also almost black leading to a major loss of detail in the dark parts.

Cinema seemed the best but these dark scenes looked noticeably worse than even my 6-7 year old samsung SUHD.

I am not sure if it is a settings issue. I plan to go tot the store again either today evening or tomorrow.
Where are you located, and did you get a quote for the 55" G2? I am also concerned about black crush, so curious to know your experience after the 2nd time.

reviving an old thread.

Try turning on HDR tone mapping if it's off. Moreover in bright showroom conditions, it might be difficult to judge near black levels because these TVs are so reflective.

Ask the showroom people to turn off the lights in that area if you can.

reviving an old thread.

Welcome to the world of OLED and you will get used to it and this will catch up on you insofar LCD LED TVs will look bland in time to come. The shadow details are missing because individual pixels turn off in OLED TVs which you will get used to. In Lcd LED TVs grey colour is used to fill in blacks. Here black means true black which is why you wont find light bleeds from a neighbouring white pixel thus increasing the contrast ratio (defined as the ratio between the luminance of the brightest white and the darkest black that a TV can produce)

Welcome to the world of OLED and you will get used to it and this will catch up on you insofar LCD LED TVs will look bland in time to come. The shadow details are missing because individual pixels turn off in OLED TVs which you will get used to. In Lcd LED TVs grey colour is used to fill in blacks. Here black means true black which is why you wont find light bleeds from a neighbouring white pixel thus increasing the contrast ratio (defined as the ratio between the luminance of the brightest white and the darkest black that a TV can produce)
Did not go ahead with the purchase. Went to store and tried changing power saving settings as well as rest picture settings to default.
Almost all the content i watch is HDR and a lot of it is lot of content I watch is dark (actually true for most content these days for some reason).

The lack of detail in such scenes was not something I would expect from a reasonably expensive screen - least of all, i woudn’t have expected it to be worse than a 7 year old TV.

Researched a bit more on the web and while there are a lot of folks complaining about the near complete lack of detail in blacks on LG esp on reddit, very few YT reviews cover it.

Here is one I could find though from Vincent Teoh. What you see in the first 1 minute is very close to what my primary reason to cancel the purchase was

Did not go ahead with the purchase. Went to store and tried changing power saving settings as well as rest picture settings to default.
Almost all the content i watch is HDR and a lot of it is lot of content I watch is dark (actually true for most content these days for some reason).

The lack of detail in such scenes was not something I would expect from a reasonably expensive screen - least of all, i woudn’t have expected it to be worse than a 7 year old TV.

Researched a bit more on the web and while there are a lot of folks complaining about the near complete lack of detail in blacks on LG esp on reddit, very few YT reviews cover it.

Here is one I could find though from Vincent Teoh. What you see in the first 1 minute is very close to what my primary reason to cancel the purchase was

Interesting video - i will probably have to re-watch those scenes of HotD on my G1 and see how it looks. Having seen the whole video it seems like the issue is the way these scenes are shot rather than any specific issues with the TV?

Interesting video - i will probably have to re-watch those scenes of HotD on my G1 and see how it looks. Having seen the whole video it seems like the issue is the way these scenes are shot rather than any specific issues with the TV?
Please Let me also know how it looks.

Also if you can try the scene I tested with.
Jack Ryan on Prime, S3 e2 , from about 1:30-3:00
When the soldier returns to the room after a smoke, the back of the overcoat can clearly be seen as tan colored with gradation on some TVs and most good phones.

On the C2, it appeared as a wall of black.

It can't really be called as an issue with the video.. A lot of TVs /movies use low light / peak nit grades these days to create a feeling of immersion and a good display should be able to reproduce it accurately.

Kind of the same way as a video with full dci-p3 color volume that would appear lackluster on a display with limited color volume- the failure to reproduce the colors in this instance is an issue with the display and not a problem with the way the video was shot

Please Let me also know how it looks.

Also if you can try the scene I tested with.
Jack Ryan on Prime, S3 e2 , from about 1:30-3:00
When the soldier returns to the room after a smoke, the back of the overcoat can clearly be seen as tan colored with gradation on some TVs and most good phones.

On the C2, it appeared as a wall of black.

It can't really be called as an issue with the video.. A lot of TVs /movies use low light / peak nit grades these days to create a feeling of immersion and a good display should be able to reproduce it accurately.

Kind of the same way as a video with full dci-p3 color volume that would appear lackluster on a display with limited color volume- the failure to reproduce the colors in this instance is an issue with the display and not a problem with the way the video was shot
IMG_2706.jpg
This scene on my A95K. It does the HOTD scene perfectly too without any issues. I adjusted the exposure to make it as close to real life as possible.

The noise and dull colour is due to my phone camera, and the compression needed to bring the image under 1MB. Looks way better in real life obviously.

View attachment 74344
This scene on my A95K. It does the HOTD scene perfectly too without any issues. I adjusted the exposure to make it as close to real life as possible.

The noise and dull colour is due to my phone camera, and the compression needed to bring the image under 1MB. Looks way better in real life obviously.
This looks good.
Obviously there'll be some loss of fidelity and color balance shift with a camera shot but the details are there ..

I am actually surprised why the c2 behaves so oddly with black detail.

On a related note, have seen the same behaviour exhibited by samsung s8+ oled although typical phone oleds handle dark scenes easily and very well

Black crush is notorious in LG OLEDs if I remember a thread in the past. You will have to view in hdr or vivid mode to minimize it. But that will look like an LED TV PQ.

Try turning on HDR tone mapping if it's off. Moreover in bright showroom conditions, it might be difficult to judge near black levels because these TVs are so reflective.

Ask the showroom people to turn off the lights in that area if you can.
As I said previously, the only difference in the following pictures is lights in the room are on or off with the scene paused. Obviously the phone camera is changing its exposure settings, but that is similar to what human eyes do. The details are gone with the light on even when watched in person. Our eyes also have a limited dynamic range but the window can move up or down based on the size of the iris.

You should reduce the light in the room to properly judge an OLED TV.
photo1673363499(1).jpeg
photo1673363499.jpeg

Hi folks, after comparing both TVs I have finally bought QN90B 65" for Rs. 1.64L in Croma Hinjewadi, Pune. I compared C2 and QN90B side by side in 3 different stores and it was clear that I liked the QN90B colours and brightness over C2. QN90B was the clear winner for me in terms of picture quality.

Recently bought lg c2 very satisfied with it. Before it i was using samsung qled although qled is bright but its very tiring too. Where as lg c2 is easy on eyes and benefits of oled.

Was on the same us.. Went with QN90B.. extremely satisfied with decision.
Warranty and comparatively cool running unit made the choice. May be will switch to OLED when the tech matures and I have dedicated Movie room.

Was on the same us.. Went with QN90B.. extremely satisfied with decision.
Warranty and comparatively cool running unit made the choice. May be will switch to OLED when the tech matures and I have dedicated Movie room.

Hi folks, after comparing both TVs I have finally bought QN90B 65" for Rs. 1.64L in Croma Hinjewadi, Pune. I compared C2 and QN90B side by side in 3 different stores and it was clear that I liked the QN90B colours and brightness over C2. QN90B was the clear winner for me in terms of picture quality.
I saw the QN800B (mini LED +VA), Sony A80K (OLED) and C2 side by side for the same scene at Croma Wakad y’day.
There is really no comparison - The C2 completely messed up the dark scenes which the others handled well.
As I said previously, the only difference in the following pictures is lights in the room are on or off with the scene paused. Obviously the phone camera is changing its exposure settings, but that is similar to what human eyes do. The details are gone with the light on even when watched in person. Our eyes also have a limited dynamic range but the window can move up or down based on the size of the iris.

You should reduce the light in the room to properly judge an OLED TV.
Not really - These 3 TVs were side by side under the exact same lighting condition. The other two rendered fine details in those scenes that were completely missing/ crushed on the LG
There is something really odd that they are doing with the EOTF tracking

I was long deciding between the LG C2 48 inch vs Samsung QN90B 50 inch. Primary purpose was gaming, Netflix, Movies. My impression was LG OLED looks amazing when cranking brightness to Max (Showroom conditions), whereas Samsung Neo Qled is able to match the same brightness at 40% setting, also colours appeared punchier with the Samsung with better Shadow details.
I ended up going for the Samsung and it's been 1 month and I'm loving the quality. I'm glad I didn't choose the LG OLED because I hate playing safe and under utilising a product. With the Samsung, I have NIL worries over burn in and additionally company warranty is also provided for 10 years against burn in panel damage.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back