LG C2 65 OLED Vs Samsung QN90B 65

Display pieces repeat same content over and over again and for OLED displays it is dangerous. Some of the emissivity LEDs would have lost its life and when it wears down sooner than other areas of Leds in your screen, it is a permanant burn in. If you are unboxing a new oled, you would be very careful not to display same content non stop while the showroom would care less. So better is to not go for display OLED panels. Lcd Led is not a problem.
Thanks Donivlapog.

I'm in two minds about whether to buy the C2 or the QN90B which many claim to be the best micro-LED TV ever. I've gone to the store to check out the C2 and the Samsung happened to be right beside it. While the contrast is not as perfect as an OLED, it has extremely deep blacks and is much brighter than the C2 and has a 5 year warranty as well compared to the 3 year warranty of the C2. Its also slightly cheaper than the C2. Which one would you suggest?

I'm in two minds about whether to buy the C2 or the QN90B which many claim to be the best micro-LED TV ever. I've gone to the store to check out the C2 and the Samsung happened to be right beside it. While the contrast is not as perfect as an OLED, it has extremely deep blacks and is much brighter than the C2 and has a 5 year warranty as well compared to the 3 year warranty of the C2. Its also slightly cheaper than the C2. Which one would you suggest?
Decision depends purely on your use case. If you're using it in a light controlled environment for FHD/4K content, nothing beats OLED.

BTW, what are the final prices for both models?

Decision depends purely on your use case. If you're using it in a light controlled environment for FHD/4K content, nothing beats OLED.

BTW, what are the final prices for both models?
I would be using it in a moderately lit living room and hence I dont think that will be a problem hopefully. What is the most important to me is overall viewing experience. I don't game whatsoever and only stream content from Disney, HBO, Amazon Prime and Netflix. I'm afraid that lack of Dolby Vision might mean that I wont be able to view the Netflix and Disney shows at their best. But at the same time, Is the OLED and Dolby Vision of LG a worthwhile trade for Samsung's extra brightness, 2 years additional warranty?

I would be using it in a moderately lit living room and hence I dont think that will be a problem hopefully. What is the most important to me is overall viewing experience. I don't game whatsoever and only stream content from Disney, HBO, Amazon Prime and Netflix. I'm afraid that lack of Dolby Vision might mean that I wont be able to view the Netflix and Disney shows at their best. But at the same time, Is the OLED and Dolby Vision of LG a worthwhile trade for Samsung's extra brightness, 2 years additional warranty?
If you can arrange for a means to control the ambient light while viewing in your living room, you must choose OLED. It’s the best tech to choose from amongst the current TVs.

Hi Guys. I have decided to buy the LG C2 OLED, but suddenly some of friends and showroom guys confused me saying that QN90B is better TV than C2. i am in a confusion now.
My usage is not watching channels, I am going to use this in my Bedroom only for watching Movies from pendrives and OTT and Youtube.

Very confused between which one to get, as price wise not big difference. Lg is OLED no blooming but on the other hand Samsung QN90B has better brightness.

Very confused. can someone throw some light get me out of this confusion, as i need to buy this in a weeks time.
What is the best price of QN90B?
65 / 55 / 50 inch.

Trying to compare with price i obtained elsewhere ;)
175K / 122K / 82K
10K / 7.5K / 0K cashback
A32 mobile / A32 mobile / Slimfit camera free

What is the best price of QN90B?
65 / 55 / 50 inch.

Trying to compare with price i obtained elsewhere ;)
175K / 122K / 82K
10K / 7.5K / 0K cashback
A32 mobile / A32 mobile / Slimfit camera free
Hi Bro.

To confirm - You are getting 65QN90B for 1.65L + A32 mobile?

I got price of 1.7L (with cashback + no mobile) from Vijay Sales in Mumbai. Warranty of 5 years

Please reply as I am going to purchase on the weekend. Will negotiate accordingly

Last edited:
Same here even i am confused btw lg g2 and samsung qn90b i need it for my living room which is bright and many suggest to go for samsung. Both the prices are almost same around 2 lacs excluding cashback in banglore. When i see difference in viewing was lg has more contrast and samsung has more brightness. And background details are more clear in Samsung neo qled compared to LG. i am not a gamer will use for watching movies and ott content.

Attachments

• IMG_20220924_133810.jpg
    IMG_20220924_133810.jpg
    628.5 KB · Views: 39
Same here even i am confused btw lg g2 and samsung qn90b i need it for my living room which is bright and many suggest to go for samsung. Both the prices are almost same around 2 lacs excluding cashback in banglore. When i see difference in viewing was lg has more contrast and samsung has more brightness. And background details are more clear in Samsung neo qled compared to LG. i am not a gamer will use for watching movies and ott content.
The showroom guy is hell-bent on selling qn90b over LG G2. He said qn90b is the hottest selling model from last 2 months, His points were:
  1. Burn issue - I argued that LG has taken care of it to some extent with Automatic pixel refresher & other features around logo
  2. 3 years warranty for G2 vs 5 years for qn90b
  3. Better Brightness
  4. Better upscaling of SD channel
I argued QN90B has potential DSE & blooming to which he was like that is marginal & not a big issue.

Still confused.

I am looking at Sony A95K as well (budget constraint of 2L)

Warranty provided says it is standard warranty... 1 year I presume. This is a big difference.
5 years warranty is part of Dussehra /Diwali offer.

1.65L + A32 Mobile (20k) is tooooo good.
You can purchase an additional 3 year warranty at around 18k

Can you please share the name of store/dealer ?

Last edited:
Hi Bro.

To confirm - You are getting 65QN90B for 1.65L + A32 mobile?

I got price of 1.7L (with cashback + no mobile) from Vijay Sales in Mumbai. Warranty of 5 years

Please reply as I am going to purchase on the weekend. Will negotiate accordingly
Warranty provided says it is standard warranty... 1 year I presume. This is a big difference.

I'm in the market as well for LG C2 55 and Samsung QN90B 55. I'm leaning towards QN90B and I'd like to share my thoughts here.

First thing is you can ignore people who say "OLED is the best tech for televisions". There are some major issues with the tech including burn-in and black crush. Black crush means the TV won't display details in the shadows. You can compare C2 and QN90B on rtings.com and check the HDR section. The C2 clearly can't display many details in the shadows compared to QN90B.

The other big problem is HDR brightness due to aggressive Automatic Brightness Limiting in OLED TVs. On rtings.com, we see the 50% sustained window brightness as 857 nits for QN90B whereas it is just 254 nits for QN90B. I just can't imagine how anyone can enjoy HDR on a C2 with these brightness levels regardless of how dark your room is. You'll lose all the "bright" details above this level. For 100% sustained window the peak brightness of C2 is only 155 nits!

People who only watch the OLED at home won't obviously know what they are missing. You'll notice the difference in brightness only when you compare the C2 and QN90B side-by-side in an electronics showroom playing the same exact content (e.g. cricket match highlights or any other content you frequently watch).

So my final advice is to go to store and buy the TV you like only after side-by-side comparisons. Take your family with you as well and get their opinion on what TV simply "looks good".

I'm in the market as well for LG C2 55 and Samsung QN90B 55. I'm leaning towards QN90B and I'd like to share my thoughts here.

First thing is you can ignore people who say "OLED is the best tech for televisions". There are some major issues with the tech including burn-in and black crush. Black crush means the TV won't display details in the shadows. You can compare C2 and QN90B on rtings.com and check the HDR section. The C2 clearly can't display many details in the shadows compared to QN90B.

The other big problem is HDR brightness due to aggressive Automatic Brightness Limiting in OLED TVs. On rtings.com, we see the 50% sustained window brightness as 857 nits for QN90B whereas it is just 254 nits for QN90B. I just can't imagine how anyone can enjoy HDR on a C2 with these brightness levels regardless of how dark your room is. You'll lose all the "bright" details above this level. For 100% sustained window the peak brightness of C2 is only 155 nits!

People who only watch the OLED at home won't obviously know what they are missing. You'll notice the difference in brightness only when you compare the C2 and QN90B side-by-side in an electronics showroom playing the same exact content (e.g. cricket match highlights or any other content you frequently watch).

So my final advice is to go to store and buy the TV you like only after side-by-side comparisons. Take your family with you as well and get their opinion on what TV simply "looks good".
Black crushing is slightly a problem (but in vivid mode removing energy saving, it can look better and bright) but burn in is rarer these days. LCD screens are driven by panel lottery and so they could give you issues more than OLED in first few years. Even otherwise LCDs are rough use TVs and so will end up with problems a lot more than OLEDs that are kept like flowers by the owners. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Vignetting and blooming issues are annoying things in LCD. Infact they are not emissive and so what pixels are turned off looks jet black as against just local "dimming" which is like a dimmer shade of grey pixels in place of black. Colours are filled in by the picture processor thats all. Brightness vs infinite contrast depends on what content is watched. So we cant generalise strongly.

QN90B will have restricted viewing angles i.e., best PQ will be when viewed head-on. Folks watching a little to either side, will see some degradation which increases as the angle increases. That's the nature of LCD.

The pic that's attached shows some video of Pooja Hegde which looks better on the OLED. The QDLED looks a little faded to me probably since it's at an angle to the camera.

The consistency of the black levels is a bit unpredictable on QN90B. Some panels/firmware version appear to perform better versus others.

Calibration is required for getting the best out of QN90B. One can get away with just using the provided picture modes in OLED.

At the showroom, generally the lights are cranked up pretty high which may not be the best setting to check OLED TV performance.

However for a very bright room and where light levels can't be controlled, QN90B would be a better bet.

I had a look at both these Tvs side by side at RD showroom. Different content on both Tvs though but LG C2 55 inch looked fantastic. My brother felt the same. QN90B - the colors did pop a bit better but again, viewing it a little off the dead center of the panel, it was ok.

End of the day personal preference. Too bad we dont have the option of getting the tv and trying it out in our homes and then returning it back ;)

Black crushing is slightly a problem (but in vivid mode removing energy saving, it can look better and bright) but burn in is rarer these days. LCD screens are driven by panel lottery and so they could give you issues more than OLED in first few years. Even otherwise LCDs are rough use TVs and so will end up with problems a lot more than OLEDs that are kept like flowers by the owners. Both have advantages and disadvantages. Vignetting and blooming issues are annoying things in LCD. Infact they are not emissive and so what pixels are turned off looks jet black as against just local "dimming" which is like a dimmer shade of grey pixels in place of black. Colours are filled in by the picture processor thats all. Brightness vs infinite contrast depends on what content is watched. So we cant generalise strongly.
Yes, these are very good points. I agree we can't generalize strongly.

There is no correct choice between OLED and QLED and it is a decision to be made by the buyer based on the buyer's preferences.

I'm just trying to understand the use case here for the TV when you compare just the brightness for both the units. I'm not saying OLED is the best overall tech for the TVs. However, I have had better movie watching experience with OLED when compared to mini LED overall, may just be perception!. The same folks who say 'OLED is the best tech for TV' do emphasize the use case and dark ambience while watching is what I have heard/read.

Fundamentally, mini LED is designed to shine brighter and the current gen of OLED are still restricted with ABL and other tech to ensure they don't go that bright to prolong OLED's life. I see with heatsink in G2 and even going beyond, the QD-OLED tech, they are almost gone. These units are touching max of 1000+ cd/m2 which is just perfect for movie watching, most HDR movies are mastered within this brightness range only. I'm not sure how much benefit a higher brightness would bring to the experience, unless the ambience light is inappropriate for the purpose.

I did notice the black crush and some details missing when I saw the comparison you talked about. I'm watching it in the bright ambient light, even with the dark room there would be some details missing so yes there seems to be the black crush issues with OLED as rting review mentioned.
However, I think that's not the only parameter on which their ratings are based.
In this context, the question would be, what would hurt the movie watching experience more? blooming around bright objects and too much of bright pixels spreading the light on adjacent ones/area OR black crush that hides some details. Burn-in issues are almost unheard of these days. I guess purely depends on the use case. So, looks like there is a good balance and purpose for these units.

Another thing that I'm puzzled is the overall rating when I see comparison by rtings. Why do they rate OLED a couple of points above the best mini LED for local dimming? Even with such a big difference in brightness numbers, why would they rate movie watching (HDR or otherwise) higher for OLED? This difference only increases further when you bring in G2 and QD-OLED in the picture. Are they missing something?

Another thing that I'm puzzled is the overall rating when I see comparison by rtings. Why do they rate OLED a couple of points above the best mini LED for local dimming? Even with such a big difference in brightness numbers, why would they rate movie watching (HDR or otherwise) higher for OLED? This difference only increases further when you bring in G2 and QD-OLED in the picture. Are they missing something?

Maybe you are being sarcastic, and I am sorry if you indeed were.
They rate local dimming higher because OLEDs have millions of dimming zones (since they can turn off each pixel individually, each pixel becomes a 'dimming zone'), equal to the number of pixels. While most mini LEDs have 400-800 (QN 95B has 720, for example). So OLEDs are far better in that regard.
Movie watching is a better experience on OLEDs because of the infinite contrast, better colors and specular highlights because of these self-emitting pixels. No blooming too, which always affects bright against dark environment scenes. With >1000 nits brightness, OLEDs really become even better. Samsung's S95B was even better, with almost 1500 nits peak brightness, before Samsung nerfed it with a firmware update.

Maybe you are being sarcastic, and I am sorry if you indeed were.
They rate local dimming higher because OLEDs have millions of dimming zones (since they can turn off each pixel individually, each pixel becomes a 'dimming zone'), equal to the number of pixels. While most mini LEDs have 400-800 (QN 95B has 720, for example). So OLEDs are far better in that regard.
Movie watching is a better experience on OLEDs because of the infinite contrast, better colors and specular highlights because of these self-emitting pixels. No blooming too, which always affects bright against dark environment scenes. With >1000 nits brightness, OLEDs really become even better. Samsung's S95B was even better, with almost 1500 nits peak brightness, before Samsung nerfed it with a firmware update.
I guess I was trying to talk about the difference in tech, features, purpose etc and sarcasm was just obvious to the generalizing. Most people use OLED for watching HDR TV/Movie in dark environment. When one compares it with a super bright TV, in the heavily lit showroom, merely standing in front of displays on the wall, the result is obvious. I'd suggest using the audition rooms, many big stores do provide them for serious customers. That's where one would really know the difference. However, if the purpose is TV watching in well lit family area, that can be well simulated in any store.

BI'm just trying to understand the use case here for the TV when you compare just the brightness for both the units. I'm not saying OLED is the best overall tech for the TVs. However, I have had better movie watching experience with OLED when compared to mini LED overall, may just be perception!. The same folks who say 'OLED is the best tech for TV' do emphasize the use case and dark ambience while watching is what I have heard/read.

Fundamentally, mini LED is designed to shine brighter and the current gen of OLED are still restricted with ABL and other tech to ensure they don't go that bright to prolong OLED's life. I see with heatsink in G2 and even going beyond, the QD-OLED tech, they are almost gone. These units are touching max of 1000+ cd/m2 which is just perfect for movie watching, most HDR movies are mastered within this brightness range only. I'm not sure how much benefit a higher brightness would bring to the experience, unless the ambience light is inappropriate for the purpose.

I did notice the black crush and some details missing when I saw the comparison you talked about. I'm watching it in the bright ambient light, even with the dark room there would be some details missing so yes there seems to be the black crush issues with OLED as rting review mentioned.
However, I think that's not the only parameter on which their ratings are based.
In this context, the question would be, what would hurt the movie watching experience more? blooming around bright objects and too much of bright pixels spreading the light on adjacent ones/area OR black crush that hides some details. Burn-in issues are almost unheard of these days. I guess purely depends on the use case. So, looks like there is a good balance and purpose for these units.

I agree that if we consider LG G2 for the discussion, it is a much better choice compared to the mini-LED QN90B. LG G2 is the brightest OLED yet from LG but it also comes at a hefty price tag (Rs. 2.15L LG G2 55 compared to QN90B 55 costing Rs. 1.5L). I agree that the extra brightness of LG G2 would be good enough for viewing even with some ambient light.

Your observation is very true that the difference in brightness is very obvious between OLED and QLED when standing in front of the TVs in brightly lit showrooms.

But I'd like to change my opinion on favoring the QN90B. This is due to the absence of Dolby Vision. It is frustrating and annoying that Samsung does not support Dolby Vision in order to push its own HDR format HDR10+.
Dolby Vision is becoming the industry standard for HDR. Much of the new HDR content is coming out with Dolby Vision. I don't think any premium TV without Dolby Vision is a good choice today even with the brightness advantages.

Maybe the best option is to save a bit more and get the LG G2!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back