Connect home theater to led tv

dcntsagar

Hello friends,

How to connect LG 32LN5650 led tv to my new samsung ht e350k dvd home theater system so that

1) i can watch tv channels with surround sound
2) plug USB in TV and watch videos with surrounding sound of home theater.

Samsung has provided 1 hdmi cable and 1 video in-out jack.

Plz help me frnd. I need ur help immediately. Thnnxxx.

Hi

The LG TV is the Jazz model which already has a decent output of 1200w pmpo...I could not find any audio out terminals or even an optical out....however there is a headphone out...

Your Samsung HT has analog RC in through AUX and even optical in..these ports are on the rear of the main unit...

If the optical out does not exist on the LG tv then you have no option but to use a 3.5 mm EP to RCA jack connector and connect the tv to the analog terminals....however, you would need to maintain the TV volume around 20-25% as this would be like amplified inputs gng to the HT.

Caution...your TV speakers will not work if you connect this EP cord....so be careful and decide wisely...keep volume very low when testing the effect......it is risky to connect this way if you are not technically sure...all the best

Hi

The LG TV is the Jazz model which already has a decent output of 1200w pmpo...I could not find any audio out terminals or even an optical out....however there is a headphone out...

Your Samsung HT has analog RC in through AUX and even optical in..these ports are on the rear of the main unit...

If the optical out does not exist on the LG tv then you have no option but to use a 3.5 mm EP to RCA jack connector and connect the tv to the analog terminals....however, you would need to maintain the TV volume around 20-25% as this would be like amplified inputs gng to the HT.

Caution...your TV speakers will not work if you connect this EP cord....so be careful and decide wisely...keep volume very low when testing the effect......it is risky to connect this way if you are not technically sure...all the best

thnx a lot frnd. i appreciate ur effort.

u made my prblm 100% clear. i need a 3.5mm ep to male rca jack cable.

i have one more doubt that is i cant able to play hd videos(720p) on my HT. ok i do understand it only plays divx videos but why i cant play divx hd videos? it shows resolution maximises 800x600.

it will be kind enough if you tell me how to play hd videos via usb?

Hi

The system is capable of playing various formats like .AVI etc. Please refer to the manual where details are clearly mentioned of what video and audio formats are supported...this is the reason I upgraded to Blu Ray player almost 3 years back which does not have all the limitations of a DVD player....

Here is the link of the manual....if you follow the same step by step nothing can go wrong....all the best....

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201203/20120314090814144/HT-E350K-no_eur-ENG-0306.pdf

Hi

The system is capable of playing various formats like .AVI etc. Please refer to the manual where details are clearly mentioned of what video and audio formats are supported...this is the reason I upgraded to Blu Ray player almost 3 years back which does not have all the limitations of a DVD player....

Here is the link of the manual....if you follow the same step by step nothing can go wrong....all the best....

http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201203/20120314090814144/HT-E350K-no_eur-ENG-0306.pdf

thnx for ur rply.

i cant understand this video format logic. can u help me to understand it?
also it shows that this product supports 720x576 pixel, does it mean that it cant play hd videos?

Hi

It can play HD videos but limited upto the stated frame size.....Your TV can display more than that......

Here is a link to understand HD resolution and video formats...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-definition_video

There are further links within this to understand micro details......

thnx a lot frnd..
can u tell me any good converter and the resolution to watch hd movies?

Hi

A google search will show you many free converters where you can change video file formats.....depending on what your player can out....would suggest you convert video files to that acceptable levels or limits to enjoy playback.....

I use AVC and it works fine......generally you need to convert files to MP4 or AVI which should work on your player...

Hi

A google search will show you many free converters where you can change video file formats.....depending on what your player can out....would suggest you convert video files to that acceptable levels or limits to enjoy playback.....

I use AVC and it works fine......generally you need to convert files to MP4 or AVI which should work on your player...

yes i converted video mkv to avi in 1280x720 but when i tried to play via usb in HOME THEATER, it shows as like resolution crosses 800x600. how to tackle with it?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back