Connect iPhone with USB DAC like Modi Multibit

forever.pramod

Just wondering, if it's possible to connect Modi Multibit USB DAC with iPhone using USB Female-Female port. My purpose is to play music from iPhone but by using the USB DAC and further connecting to stereo amplifier

I do have lightning USB cable of iPhone (the one having USB male port) and USB cable for connecting to DAC (USB male port). So, issue is that both male ports are need to be connected.

Yes, I came across this accessory in headphone zone website. But its price seems costlier as compared to if a simple both side USB female port can do this work. That's for why I wanted to confirm, if anyone already using

See if you can use an Android phone instead. Also, only after gen5 released, schiit dacs started working without the support of powered usb hub so, this may not work simply connecting phone to dac because I don’t know if modi has gen5.

See if you can use an Android phone instead. Also, only after gen5 released, schiit dacs started working without the support of powered usb hub so, this may not work simply connecting phone to dac because I don’t know if modi has gen5.
Please let me know the best way to use an android, because I do have a samsung tab unused, I can also use it.

Please let me know the best way to use an android, because I do have a samsung tab unused, I can also use it.
You will need this on top of standard usb cable that is used with printers.

pke Stylist little Adapter Micro USB OTG to USB 2.0 Adapter for Smartphones and Tablets - Set of 3 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0796TPS74/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_SrpHDbG154YFA

Please keep in mind though if the tablet is too old it may not support usb audio. But worth a try because you don’t have to spend much.

Yes, I came across this accessory in headphone zone website. But its price seems costlier as compared to if a simple both side USB female port can do this work. That's for why I wanted to confirm, if anyone already using
Only the apple camera kit will work.

At the same time do not expect much from usb approach. I had tried it with modi multibit but it was nothing special. Schiits sound better with spdif then usb.

when you buy apple camera kit, please ensure it should have USB + additional input power than only it will work. you need to give external power.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back