Connect MP3 player to receiver?

Chaos

Hi,

I have a Pioneer VSX-322K receiver and would like to connect it to an MP3 player so that my mother can play a few devotional/classical songs from it.

I'll be connecting the headphone port of the MP3 player to my receiver using the headphone to RCA cable.

Questions:
  1. Will all Mp3 players have sufficient power to drive the receiver? I connected my phone (HTC One) and it worked but i had to increase the volume above 50% to hear the sound.
  2. Any suggestions on MP3 players which will be good for this purpose?

I use to connect my ipod / phone thru 3.5mm to 2 RCA cable. Since the connection is thru the head phone socket, Basic Volume control is from the phone/ipod/mp3 player only. You can keep the voulume set at >=75% in your mp3 player and control the voulume for listening thru the receiver's Volume control. Compare to other direct sources, volume level would be less only for phone/mp3/ipod.

Hi,

I have a Pioneer VSX-322K receiver and would like to connect it to an MP3 player so that my mother can play a few devotional/classical songs from it.

[/LIST]

Hi, one more option is getting a blutooth adapter which would costs around 4 - 5k. It saves the effort of your mother in connecting the cables every time. Finally, I beleive she would love the convienience of streaming the songs to the AVR from her phone while attending her other work. Finally check for the compatability of the adaptor for your AVR. Regards.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back