connecting bluetooth speakers, ipad and an old non-smart tv

sharmarj

Hi,
What is the best and least expensive method to connect a non-smart samsung tv (with no bluetooth capabilities) to sony bluetooth speakers and an ipad?
thanks!

Hi

I guess within 2k you can get the Logitech Bluetooth device which can be used...it works...

One device at a time.....

that's the problem actually.. I want both connected and working simultaneously.. any suggestions?

Bluetooth in my understanding does not work like WIFI where you can connect multiple devices.....

I have not heard of 2 devices via bluetooth working together using one host

Bluetooth in my understanding does not work like WIFI where you can connect multiple devices.....

I have not heard of 2 devices via bluetooth working together using one host

Yes this is so, in fact many Bluetooth hosts get very confused when you try and connect multiple devices to it and you end up resetting the thing to make it work again.

Hi,
What is the best and least expensive method to connect a non-smart samsung tv (with no bluetooth capabilities) to sony bluetooth speakers and an ipad?
thanks!

Whats your chain? iPad is the source feeding into the TV and then TV feeding Audio to a Bluetooth speaker?

For iPad and TV connectivity, your best choice would be an Apple TV. That will sort out all connectivity issues.

If not, then you can try an Apple AV adaptor which will be a wired connection. Some apps might not work though, you'll have to research on that.

Apple MJ1K2ZM/A USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
OR
Apple Digital AV Adapter, MD098ZM/A
OR
Another option would be Anycast, similar to chrome cast. CHromecast can work with iOS too with limited capability.
Anycast wifi HDMI Dongle Wireless Display For Iphone Ipad Windows Pc Android,Tablets to TV Selector Box Airplay WiFi Display Miracast By SEC

For Bluetooth to the speaker, you will need a transmitter connected to the TV probably to the headphone out. The speaker should be able to latch on to it and play the sound. You would need something like this Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver, Mpow Streambot 2-In-1 Wireless Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Switchable Transmitter and Receiver With 3.5mm Stereo Output

MaSh

Whats your chain? iPad is the source feeding into the TV and then TV feeding Audio to a Bluetooth speaker?

For iPad and TV connectivity, your best choice would be an Apple TV. That will sort out all connectivity issues.

If not, then you can try an Apple AV adaptor which will be a wired connection. Some apps might not work though, you'll have to research on that.

Apple MJ1K2ZM/A USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter
OR
Apple Digital AV Adapter, MD098ZM/A
OR
Another option would be Anycast, similar to chrome cast. CHromecast can work with iOS too with limited capability.
Anycast wifi HDMI Dongle Wireless Display For Iphone Ipad Windows Pc Android,Tablets to TV Selector Box Airplay WiFi Display Miracast By SEC

For Bluetooth to the speaker, you will need a transmitter connected to the TV probably to the headphone out. The speaker should be able to latch on to it and play the sound. You would need something like this Bluetooth Transmitter and Receiver, Mpow Streambot 2-In-1 Wireless Bluetooth Audio Music Streaming Switchable Transmitter and Receiver With 3.5mm Stereo Output

MaSh

Yup! the chain is what you mentioned... playing content from ipad onto the tv with sound on bluetooth headsets.
So my best bet would be to have one wired connection through an apple tv adapter and connecting headsets through a bluetooth dongle right?
Do you foresee any challenges in operating Anycast with Mpow or any other bluetooth dongle?

Yup! the chain is what you mentioned... playing content from ipad onto the tv with sound on bluetooth headsets.
So my best bet would be to have one wired connection through an apple tv adapter and connecting headsets through a bluetooth dongle right?
Do you foresee any challenges in operating Anycast with Mpow or any other bluetooth dongle?

Yes, a wired connection from Source to TV via an apple adaptor should work well. For Bluetooth, it would be a trial and error. Receivers are many, however, there are very few Bluetooth transmitters.

MaSh

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back