Connecting composite video to a vga monitor

indian

I have a spare LCD which I want to connect it to a DVD player, there's no DVI or composite input in the monitor all I have is a male vga connector. What are the possible options guys other than adding an external tv tuner..

I have seen Intex solution which has Vid in & output is VGA & was @ croma for 2k less.

u can get a cheap (composite to VGA) or (S-Video to VGA) cable for Rs 60-80 - atleast that is what its for in Nehru Place. But there would be a loss of quality if you compare it with something like External Tuner(ENTER) which comes at around 1450

go for a external tv tuner card arnd 1200 bucks. Both Intex and Techcom offers in the same price range. I am using Techcom for my LCD monitor and the video Quality is satisfactory.

Composite to VGA? D-sub,15pin? How?

seemed strange to me too at first, what i have with me is a regular composite (Yellow/Red/White) at one end and VGA at other, but only the Yellow is useful to transfer video, may even work with component as all the 3 inputs end in the VGA..

seemed strange to me too at first, what i have with me is a regular composite (Yellow/Red/White) at one end and VGA at other, but only the Yellow is useful to transfer video, may even work with component as all the 3 inputs end in the VGA..

It is strange:lol::lol:

What you are having is a VGA to component converter cable and this can only be used with displays that can accept VGA compatible signal through component.

What you are having is a VGA to component converter cable and this can only be used with displays that can accept VGA compatible signal through component.

well then it seems to me that these got manufactured at a place where they had no idea of what a component cable is like..
they got the color coding of the cables all wrong.. it should be color coded as Red-Green-Blue rather than Yellow-Red-White.
Anyways that explains why the video quality was so poor.. I was seeing only 255 colors out of (255 * 255 * 255)

well then it seems to me that these got manufactured at a place where they had no idea of what a component cable is like..
they got the color coding of the cables all wrong.. it should be color coded as Red-Green-Blue rather than Yellow-Red-White.
Anyways that explains why the video quality was so poor.. I was seeing only 255 colors out of (255 * 255 * 255)

Whatever be the color code, if the tv accepts the VGA signal through component, try connecting the 3 cables to the component IN of the TV (you have to try all the combinations of 3)

Whatever be the color code, if the tv accepts the VGA signal through component, try connecting the 3 cables to the component IN of the TV (you have to try all the combinations of 3)

well i rather not take a risk with my LCD which has a component in for the sake of testing the cable :)
my CRT only has a composite or RF so cannot test in that..

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back