Connecting CXR 200 to Azur 851N

terrible

In a spate of noob questions here's another one from me. I am in the process of buying a Cambridge Audio Azur 851N Network Streamer. Now, the support at CA CA recommended that I use phono connections to connect this to my CXR 200 AVR. First I had to google what phono connection is, which took me to RCA. Then, it furthered my confusion as there I found many types of RCA connectors; male to female to whatnot. So can you please help me choose a good interconnect sans the confusion. A mention of a brand in specific would help.

PS: CXR200 shows 4x RCA, 1x3.5mm. I would imagine that means I can connect four devices for analog (or is it something else) and each connector width should be 3.5mm?

Again help would be appreciated.

Looking at the Spec of both the devices

CXR200 - Has 4 Optical & 4 Analog inputs
Azur 851N - Has 1 optical out , 1 coaxial out & 1 analog Pre-out too

Hence there are 2 options for you to connect Azur 851N to CXR200.

1. Azur 851N Optical out ---> CXR200 Optical Input (out of any 4 avbl) using Optical cable - Amazon.in: Buy AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters) - Black Online at Low Prices in India | AmazonBasics Reviews & Ratings

2. Azur 851N Pre-out ---> CXR200 Analog Input (out of any 4 avbl) using RCA - RCA stereo connector - Amazon.in: Buy Bandridge BAL4201 - 1.0M Stereo Audio Cable Online at Low Prices in India | Bandridge Reviews & Ratings

Hope this information helps :thumbsup:

Cheers,
Binu AP
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

Looking at the Spec of both the devices

CXR200 - Has 4 Optical & 4 Analog inputs

Azur 851N - Has 1 optical out , 1 coaxial out & 1 analog Pre-out too

Hence there are 2 options for you to connect Azur 851N to CXR200.

1. Azur 851N Optical out ---> CXR200 Optical Input (out of any 4 avbl) using Optical cable - Amazon.in: Buy AmazonBasics Digital Optical Audio Toslink Cable - 6 Feet (1.8 Meters) - Black Online at Low Prices in India | AmazonBasics Reviews & Ratings

2. Azur 851N Pre-out ---> CXR200 Analog Input (out of any 4 avbl) using RCA - RCA stereo connector - Amazon.in: Buy Bandridge BAL4201 - 1.0M Stereo Audio Cable Online at Low Prices in India | Bandridge Reviews & Ratings

Hope this information helps :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Binu AP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LG 42" Plasma | Marantz PM6005 | AJ FS52 | Velodyne Impact 10 | Panasonic dmp bdt220

Thank you much. The second one is the recommended option. Would a 2m cable severely affect the quality of output?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given a option i will go with 1, because Azur 851N is a network Player & i believe you will feed-in High-resolution audio / 5.1 / DTS from various sources. Hence would take the optical out from Azur 851N to optical input on CXR 200 & let the CXR 200 do the audio separation with all decoding & stuff.

As per my knowledge 2.0m RCA cable will not create any noticeable difference.
But make sure you use good branded cable to get maximum, bcoz quality does matter :licklips:

Given a option i will go with 1, because Azur 851N is a network Player & i believe you will feed-in High-resolution audio / 5.1 / DTS from various sources. Hence would take the optical out from Azur 851N to optical input on CXR 200 & let the CXR 200 do the audio separation with all decoding & stuff.

As per my knowledge 2.0m RCA cable will not create any noticeable difference.
But make sure you use good branded cable to get maximum, bcoz quality does matter :licklips:

Option 2 that you spoke of, is recommended by Cambridge Audio adviser. I am going to use this network player only for 2.0 stereo with a subwoofer connection depending on the music I am listening to.

The reason I asked if 2m is ok, is for the fact that it is said shorter the cable, the better. I wonder what you think of these cables (since you said quality):

Buy Audioquest Evergreen RCA Cable - 2m Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Buy Audioquest Tower RCA to RCA 2M Online at Low Prices in India - Amazon.in

Mogami W2497 Neglex Hi Fidelity Audio Interconnect cable RCA-RCA (terminated pair)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back