Connecting DAC to Windows laptop.

vinodtthomas

Is it possible to connect DAC directly to a Windows 7 laptop? Does it come with drivers? Or does it require an external sound card also?

Yes,
if your laptop has SPDIF output (from motherboard or some internal sound card) then connect to suitable DAC with suitable interconnect (optical or coax). This does not require any driver in Laptop, just redirect the default sound output of laptop to that port.

Otherwise, connect your DAC (if USB one) to Laptop using USB cable. This will not require driver or may need drivers from DAC provider. This does not require any sound card. Just require to redirect default sound output of laptop to this newly listed USB sound device.

In any case you get analog output from DAC.

In case it does not work.
Show us the DAC model....

Nomally, all the DAC work with Laptop.
I am using 2 DAC. All are giving me east connection.
And the sound with USB makes me feel better than optical or Coxial.

And You can connet Smart Phone with DAC using otg cable(cost Rs. 150)

Enjoy lossless hifi misic....with better sound.

Chang

Nomally, all the DAC work with Laptop.

Normally, all the USB DACs work with Windows. It remains their major market. If it is not just plug'n'play, then you will have to load the drivers. You will have to load drivers for high-sample-rate music.

And the sound with USB makes me feel better than optical or Coxial.

Certainly there can be a difference. Digital is digital, but all circuitry is not equal. Which is best, where there is a difference, may vary from DAC to DAC.

And You can connect Smart Phone with DAC using otg cable

That depends on the phone. It is not supported by all phones. Sometimes it is just a matter of software, but sometimes the hardware won't play. This is a problem for those of us that believe that a phone should last at least three or four years!

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back