Connecting iPod to Denon Amp

balajeem

Hello,

I want to connect my iPod to Denon Amp. (model 1508 - 5.1 )I bought for Rs. 50/- 3.5mm stereo plug - 2RCA cable . I need to connect this to Aux input of Amp. Will this work ? How will be the quality of sound ? I want to play the songs that I have in my iPod.

Your help is appreciated.

Hello,

I want to connect my iPod to Denon Amp. (model 1508 - 5.1 )I bought for Rs. 50/- 3.5mm stereo plug - 2RCA cable . I need to connect this to Aux input of Amp. Will this work ? How will be the quality of sound ? I want to play the songs that I have in my iPod.

Your help is appreciated.

It'll work but quality won't be great. I suggest you get an iPod dock which has proper line level outputs.

It is better to use an iPod Dock. Apple makes an Universal iPod dock as well as many other third party vendors.

um....
the ipod has a line out, only catch is you need a special cable. you should be able to find one locally, i'm not sure where as i have not tried to source one in india.

also the older apple ipod docks have a line out on the back, which does exactly the same thing. ideally, the red wine audio imod is perhaps the best bet if you use the ipod as your primary source.

peace,
angad

Back