Connecting Logitech z5500

rob2651983

I just bought the logitech z5500 5.1 speakers and was wondering would it be worth buying a sound card with digital coax or optical out option. My mother board sound card supports 7.1 analog out.

Last edited:
Speakers

z5500.jpg

Motherboard
img_5189_p5b-vm.jpg

Last edited:
I do own these speakers from last 2 years and they are wonderfull. I will suggest you first listen to these speakers for 1 -2 weeks ( Don't forget to connect in digital mode whenever possible ) and then decide if you need additional sound card.

Hey Rob,
It is always recommended to install sound card on ur mother board,even if it has an on board one.
A decent card from sound blaster(7.1 eax enabled)will cost u like 7000 at max,which will provide u the required digital outs.
So go ahead and get ur sound card and enjoy your games and movies in surround sound.

Vj

Hi Rob,

If u r using Logitech z 5500 you are better with these forums cause these are very good multimedia speakers. a lot of fight happened/s/ing from along time, so ignore that and read the innumerable threads to utilise ur system for full.

The forums are: Erodov, Inc.
Indian Technology and Computer Discussion Portal - TechEnclave
Top Technology Magazine | Computer Magazines | Popular Monthly Magazine ? Think Digit

Visit neweggand browse through nearly 1000 comments about his monster.

All the best.

PS: I use Logitech z 5500 with a Soundblaster Audigy 4. recently shifted to my motheboards spdif.

Anooj

Thanks a ton guys. I now know what to do. I will try digital through my DVD player for a few weeks and alternate that with my pc 5.1 out. Then decide what to do. :)

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back