Connecting Marantz CD6003

sunster

Hi All,

Perhaps this is a repeated qn but anyways, I need advice on how to connect my CD6003 to the Marantz NR1501. Analog or Optical/Coaxial. Which would be better and why.

Thanks and warm regards,

Sunny

Hi All,

Perhaps this is a repeated qn but anyways, I need advice on how to connect my CD6003 to the Marantz NR1501. Analog or Optical/Coaxial. Which would be better and why.

Thanks and warm regards,

Sunny

I would say play around with both:

1. Analog RCA from CD6003 would imply the DACs from CD 6003 being put into use for Digital to Analog conversion and passing the analog signal to the NR1501 for playback (through speakers without any processing - theoritically)

2. Digital (optical/coaxial) means your CD6003 is actign as a transport - sending untouched digital signal from the CDP to NR1501 for processing (D->A conversion). I would say say optical over coaxial but then any one is a good candidate. Many people swer by the coaxial.

Logically the 1st condition is the best condition - but I would say try both and see what you like. I would advise you go for the first.

congrats on the new purchase btw.

Last edited:
I would say play around with both:

1. Analog RCA from CD6003 would imply the DACs from CD 6003 being put into use for Digital to Analog conversion and passing the analog signal to the NR1501 for playback (through speakers without any processing - theoritically)

2. Digital (optical/coaxial) means your CD6003 is actign as a transport - sending untouched digital signal from the CDP to NR1501 for processing (D->A conversion). I would say say optical over coaxial but then any one is a good candidate. Many people swer by the coaxial.

Logically the 1st condition is the best condition - but I would say try both and see what you like. I would advise you go for the first.

congrats on the new purchase btw.

I second Suprateep ... The CD6003 is built with one of the latest high quality D/A conversion (CS4398) chip. The NR1501 is one of the entry level receiver and only very high-end A/V receivers come with high quality D/A conversion board. So I would recommend to use the Analogue outputs from the CDP.

Well instead of the CD 6003, if you had an old CD player, then you could have tried the 2nd option (optical/coaxial output) from the CDPto the A/V receiver's digital input.
Note: The sound quality from the analogue outputs of some old cd players (irrespective of brands) are much much better than any of the latest basic/entry level CD players :)

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back