Connecting Norge 2060/ BA A26 to my TV

Rajini

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and quite pleased to post my first query to take recommendations from the audiophile experts on this forum.

Based on this forum discussions, I have purchased Norge 2060 and Boston Acoustics A26 speakers to realize a 2.0 setup (no sub) combo.

Now I have a need to connect this setup to my LED TV which in-turn is already connected with a TataSky set-top box on HDMI-1 and DVD player on HDMI-2.

The following are the couple of queries:
1) Should I need to connect the TataSky set-top box and DVD player audio outputs to Norge 2060 "AUX" and "DVD" audio-IN ports respectively via 2-pin RCA cable (White & Red)

OR

Alternatively should I connect my LED TV Headphone output to Norge 2060"AUX" audio-IN port via 3.5mm to RCA cable.

Which one is the best method wrt sound quality.

2) Wires to be used for connecting Norge 2060 to speakers. Should I need to go for standard speaker cables eg. DAC 14 or can I use Finolex 2.5 sq. mm household electrical cable. Which is best wrt sound quality. Planning to terminate the speaker cable with Profigold 4mm banana plugs at both ends.

I am writing from Bangalore and maybe suggestions on any good store from where I can get the above required interconnects & cables (5ft + 5ft) would be of great help too.

Looking forward for an early response.

Thanks,
Rajini

I had a similar setup in the past. Connected the audio out from DVD and settop box to Norge2060 inputs using RCA cables. I would suggest this connection. TV audio out to Norge should also work. Finolex or DAc can be used.

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and quite pleased to post my first query to take recommendations from the audiophile experts on this forum.

Based on this forum discussions, I have purchased Norge 2060 and Boston Acoustics A26 speakers to realize a 2.0 setup (no sub) combo.

Now I have a need to connect this setup to my LED TV which in-turn is already connected with a TataSky set-top box on HDMI-1 and DVD player on HDMI-2.

The following are the couple of queries:
1) Should I need to connect the TataSky set-top box and DVD player audio outputs to Norge 2060 "AUX" and "DVD" audio-IN ports respectively via 2-pin RCA cable (White & Red)

OR

Alternatively should I connect my LED TV Headphone output to Norge 2060"AUX" audio-IN port via 3.5mm to RCA cable.

Which one is the best method wrt sound quality.

2) Wires to be used for connecting Norge 2060 to speakers. Should I need to go for standard speaker cables eg. DAC 14 or can I use Finolex 2.5 sq. mm household electrical cable. Which is best wrt sound quality. Planning to terminate the speaker cable with Profigold 4mm banana plugs at both ends.

I am writing from Bangalore and maybe suggestions on any good store from where I can get the above required interconnects & cables (5ft + 5ft) would be of great help too.

Looking forward for an early response.

Thanks,
Rajini

Hi

The Norge has analog connections and so the quality of wire does not really matter much...ensure a nice thick gauze for best output....

You can do either connections...both will work...one of them will give a low output so ...try both and decide which one works for you best...

I had a similar setup in the past. I used RCA cables to connect directly to Norge. Only when i connect Chromecast or use Smart App on TV, headphone out is required. Direct RCA from device is far more clear than Headphone out.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back