connecting PC to 50PSB450

sun244

Friends,

Having joined the B450 club recently, pardon me, if these questions are simple:

I connected my laptop to TV (15 pin cable for Video and Audio cable). I can get the Video and not the Audio. Checked settings in the TV and did not find anything that controls. did any of you try? Did you do anything special?

Thank You

Sunder

Friends,

Having joined the B450 club recently, pardon me, if these questions are simple:

I connected my laptop to TV (15 pin cable for Video and Audio cable). I can get the Video and not the Audio. Checked settings in the TV and did not find anything that controls. did any of you try? Did you do anything special?

Thank You

Sunder

The 15 pin cable carries only video.

If you want to route audio to your tv speakers, you need a cable that can connect yr headphone out (on the pc) to RCA audio in the TV (ie the red and white audio inputs). You will need to read the TV manual to check which are the appropriate audio inputs to use.

The 15 pin cable carries only video.

If you want to route audio to your tv speakers, you need a cable that can connect yr headphone out (on the pc) to RCA audio in the TV (ie the red and white audio inputs). You will need to read the TV manual to check which are the appropriate audio inputs to use.

You are right. 15pin carries only Video.

There is a separate connector (single jack) for PC Audio in on TV side. I have the single cable that connects my PC to TV. Volume in my PC goes off, so cable works. I also tried creative make external speakers from another PC and that also works. I think I have all physical connections, it is some settings somewhere. So only Audio does not come through TV.

Thank You

Sunder

Friends,

I can get the Video and not the Audio. Checked settings in the TV and did not find anything that controls.
Sunder

Its clearly mentioned in manual that you shld connect seperate cable for audio as 15pin is only for Display just like PC.

I have seen a audio-in in the TV for PC input but never used it.
I have directly connected my laptop to the receiver.. So no idea..

Did the samsung engineer visit your house for installation yet? Get hold of him and ask the details. The one who came to my house was knowledgeble.. Left his number while leaving to call him in case of issues if any.

You are right. 15pin carries only Video.

There is a separate connector (single jack) for PC Audio in on TV side. I have the single cable that connects my PC to TV. Volume in my PC goes off, so cable works. I also tried creative make external speakers from another PC and that also works. I think I have all physical connections, it is some settings somewhere. So only Audio does not come through TV.

Thank You

Sunder

Are you using the correct jack in the TV? There are two audio jacks, one for TV audio-out and one for PC audio-in. Hope you are using the correct one.

If it is indeed the correct input you are using, verify with the service engineer as I have posted in the earlier post.

Are you using the correct jack in the TV? There are two audio jacks, one for TV audio-out and one for PC audio-in. Hope you are using the correct one.

If it is indeed the correct input you are using, verify with the service engineer as I have posted in the earlier post.

I checked atleast 15 times to make sure it was Audio in. Will check with Service guy. Just cannot wait sometimes, hence checking fellow forumers. Thanks for the reply.

Sunder

I checked atleast 15 times to make sure it was Audio in. Will check with Service guy. Just cannot wait sometimes, hence checking fellow forumers. Thanks for the reply.

Sunder

Just recheck-

1.Correct port for audio PC in.
2.Select proper source in LCD.Check any aud option is kept off.
3.Check output in PC(ie increase vol max in SC driver,plaer)
4.Check if you are playing 5.1ch mov & connected only stereo output,you may miss sound.Select stereo.
5.Check with another cable OR another stereo source.

Now let us know.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back