Connecting Samsung DVD player 1080K to Bravia and 5.1 speaker

raydebal

Dear all, This is my first post. I have a new Sony Bravia 32" LCD TV (T series) and an old 5.1 speaker set (can be connected to analogue audio out jacks only). I plan to buy a DVD player that can upscale the signal to 720p via HDMI cable. At the same time, I wish to get the sound output through the 5.1 speakers.

I have found that Samsung HD DVD player 1080K has both HDMI output and 5.1 analogue audio out jacks. If I connect this DVD player to my TV through HDMI and to 5.1 speakers though analogue jacks, do you think I would be able to hear the sound through speakers.

I am apprehensive because I read that HDMI carries both video and audio through it --- if so, whether analogue speakers will get audio signal in such situation?

Is there any other option of hooking these three that I don't know.

Thanks.

This is feasible and I am sure many DVDPs can do it. It might be worth downloading the manual of the DVDP you are planning to buy and confirm before buying it.

You simply need to configure and turn off the HDMI-Audio and turn-on analog/multi-channel audio.

This is feasible and I am sure many DVDPs can do it. It might be worth downloading the manual of the DVDP you are planning to buy and confirm before buying it.

You simply need to configure and turn off the HDMI-Audio and turn-on analog/multi-channel audio.

I've a question though - Would it still carry as Dolby/DTS 5.1 or a pseudo surround?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back