Connecting Sonodyne pre-amp to a BPL stereo

arunj

Hello all,

My knowledge on pre-amplifiers and amplifiers is sketchy at the best. So if my question has already been answered in this forum, please let me know and I'll do the searching.

I have Sonodyne pre-amplifier which I have hooked up to Sonodyne's Genie Powerpack- two satellite speakers and a woofer.

I have a very old BPL stereo system similar to D1000 but older- a D300 if I remember correctly. Since it has a built-in equalizer and amplifier, I am planning to do the following-

1. Output of the pre-amp will be connected to the BPL unit's CD line-in.
2. BPL speakers will remain connected to the BPL unit.
3. The satellite speakers and the woofer will remain connected to the pre-amp.
4. Sources remain connected to the pre-amp.

Will this work without issues?

Cheers,
Arun.

Hello all,

My knowledge on pre-amplifiers and amplifiers is sketchy at the best. So if my question has already been answered in this forum, please let me know and I'll do the searching.

I have Sonodyne pre-amplifier which I have hooked up to Sonodyne's Genie Powerpack- two satellite speakers and a woofer.

I have a very old BPL stereo system similar to D1000 but older- a D300 if I remember correctly. Since it has a built-in equalizer and amplifier, I am planning to do the following-

1. Output of the pre-amp will be connected to the BPL unit's CD line-in.

Cheers,
Arun.

You mean output of unit to be connected to preamplifier right?

No, the output of the pre-amplifier connected to the unit. The pre-amplifier has two RCA outputs- Rec Out and Pre Out. I am assuming the Pre Out can be connected to an amplifier.

The following page describes the pre-amplifier-
Home Audio > Genie Power Pack

Cheers,
Arun.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back