Connection Solution between LED TV and Stereo Amplifier

atozguy

Hi guys,

I have recently bought Sony Bravia 43W800C LED TV. It has got 3.5 mm headphone out and Optical sound out. My stereo receiver (ONKYO) has only RCA input.

I browsed through the net, and came across Digital to Analogue Audio Decoder - DAC with APDIF/Coaxial to Analogue RCA, (PANLONG) - which costs around INR5750.

Though, i am looking for some other cheap alternatives, i also carry a doubt. I am using ordinary cable connection (no STB), and i use ANALOGUE to watch channels. In this case, whether my TV can really send a Digital Audio output?

Assuming that i am buying the DAC, whether it will deliver stereophonic sound out that i can use with my stereo setup?

Are there any other solution please?

Hi Dude,

Thank you for the solution. But, just to double check. Is the headphone out is interchangeable for sound out. What difference in Sound Quality would it make when compared with connection between TV's OPTICAL out to my Stereo Setup through DAC?

My another question in earlier post still remain unanswered. Any inputs on this also? I am using ordinary cable connection (no STB), and i use ANALOGUE to watch channels. In this case, whether my TV can really send a Digital Audio output?

Regards
Gopinath J

Although you are right that there's slight difference between Line out and Headphone out.

But I seriously don't think that there will be any difference in SQ.

Go ahead and plug in the cable.

JUST MAKE SURE YOUR TV VOLUME IS AT IT'S LOWEST.

Don't mute your tv, just keep the volume at lowest and then increase it bit by bit.

It should do the job.

Cheers

Hi Dude,

Got the bluerigger cable through Amazon.in today, and connected my TV with my stereo setup through headphone out and Tape1 in of my ONKYO stereo receiver.

The sound quality surpassed my expectation. So detailed and puncy and it is a great combo now that brings out the bea()st of my wharfedale diamond 9.5. Even with ordinary (analog) cable connection, SONY TV delivers beautiful sound (to be precise it has a wonderful preamp circuit) and I could not believe myself after listening to the amplified music.

Thanks for the worthy suggestion.

Regards
Gopinath J

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back