Console find

lifewater

Hi friends,

Just now received a message that a person has the following items in hand which he is using everyday and now wants to sell them as he feels he is too old to take care of these.

1.) Gerrard 2025T auto changer with all manuals
2.) Philips NOVOSONIC bi amped radio B6 CA974 (With tubes and 800 Ohms ... yes 800 ohms dual speakers.
3) Sonodyne SC300 Amplifier
4) Sonodyne SX77 speakers (Huge Monkey cabinets) and
5) Philips Spool tape with tube amplifier (Austrian make) and things like headphones, crown mics etc.

Please note all are in full working condition and with all requisite manuals, radio license (required earlier) etc.

Any body wanting the spool tape, radio can let me know but note I am based at Assam so crating and transportation may be high.

Regards

Lifewater

Hi friends,

Just now received a message that a person has the following items in hand which he is using everyday and now wants to sell them as he feels he is too old to take care of these.

1.) Gerrard 2025T auto changer with all manuals
2.) Philips NOVOSONIC bi amped radio B6 CA974 (With tubes and 800 Ohms ... yes 800 ohms dual speakers.
3) Sonodyne SC300 Amplifier
4) Sonodyne SX77 speakers (Huge Monkey cabinets) and
5) Philips Spool tape with tube amplifier (Austrian make) and things like headphones, crown mics etc.

Please note all are in full working condition and with all requisite manuals, radio license (required earlier) etc.

Any body wanting the spool tape, radio can let me know but note I am based at Assam so crating and transportation may be high.

Regards

Lifewater
I am interested Philips radio. They sound sweet (Nostalgia) :) . Can you PM me condition and price ?
Thanks and regards

I am interested Philips radio. They sound sweet (Nostalgia) :) . Can you PM me condition and price ?
Thanks and regards

Sure Hiten, Condition as mentioned is excellent, I have heard it myself, however dont know about the price will have to ask him. Though I doubt if he will sell the individual components.

Will see him tomorrow and will ask him the price of the entire console so we can divide the cost among us. Now hope somebody wants the spool tape. Pictures of the unit should be up on monday.

regards

I'm in Q after Hiten for the radio, if he doesnt pick it up for whatever reason.

Let me know the model and expected price.

--G0bble

I'm in Q after Hiten for the radio, if he doesnt pick it up for whatever reason.

Let me know the model and expected price.

--G0bble

Sure Gobble, the radio model is Philips NOVOSONIC biampli radio model B6 CA974. ont know about the price yet but will get to know on monday along with the pictures.

Regards

A bit interested in the spool tape out of sheer curiosity. Are there any reels included?
Will decide after seeing the pictures and the price.

A bit interested in the spool tape out of sheer curiosity. Are there any reels included?
Will decide after seeing the pictures and the price.

Sure. Spool tape is PHILIPS made in Austria Model(or type as it was called earlier) EL 3352/15. It is with the Green phosphor tube indicator to match the recording level ... more like our new VU meters

Regards

once you get the pictures, you might want to put up a thread in the for sale section, just to keep on the right side of the rules :)
whoa, those philips machines are huge! not sure if shipping them is feasible, especially with the tubes

Last edited:
once you get the pictures, you might want to put up a thread in the for sale section, just to keep on the right side of the rules :)
whoa, those philips machines are huge! not sure if shipping them is feasible, especially with the tubes

Sure will after talking to the rightful owner

There you are, the radio ---- Please check the for sale section for the spool tape.

regards

Lifewater
dsc01123ig.jpg
[/URL]Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.us Uploaded with ImageShack.ushttp://[/IMG]

Can you post pics of cabinet body of the radio ? Thanks for the effort Bro.
Regards.

Seems in brilliant condition for its age. well kept and well cared for. Philips was famous for its brilliant radios with spot on reception. On the flip side however, they were also notorious for being very difficult to service. This may have been a high-end console as it had a tape recorder. Nice to see the basic equalizer with "Mellow", "Orchestra", "Speech" settings for the radio. What speakers did it have? I am sure this unit would have sounded amazing in its hay-day. Even though it may seem impractical, my opinion would be to maintain this console in its original form rather than splitting up the components and selling them as separates.

Names mentioned in the radio "Calcultta, Bombay, Thiruchirapalli, Kozhikode" - are they station? Will any indicator glow at appropriate station selection? Very nice to see.

Names mentioned in the radio "Calcultta, Bombay, Thiruchirapalli, Kozhikode" - are they station? Will any indicator glow at appropriate station selection? Very nice to see.

Back in the day, radios used to come with the stations printed on the dial, corresponding with the frequency of transmission. I remember on my grandfather's ferguson 454 radio, there were a lot of european stations listed. Recently I round a restoration project of this very same radio online.

Ferguson 454 and 104 mains valve radio wireless

Seems in brilliant condition for its age. well kept and well cared for. Philips was famous for its brilliant radios with spot on reception. On the flip side however, they were also notorious for being very difficult to service. This may have been a high-end console as it had a tape recorder. Nice to see the basic equalizer with "Mellow", "Orchestra", "Speech" settings for the radio. What speakers did it have? I am sure this unit would have sounded amazing in its hay-day. Even though it may seem impractical, my opinion would be to maintain this console in its original form rather than splitting up the components and selling them as separates.

Hi reuben, it definitely is well kept, can you see the gold plated like strip above the tuning window shine like new ? This unit sounds good even today. You see I would hate to take apart the console but I am short of space and if anybody wants to collect the console as a whole unit I maybe able to arrange it as I am told there is a transporting box with side handles, locks etc where the entire console fits. Weight would be about 250-300 kgs maybe more as the console and the box seems to be made of TEAK !!!!

No, indicators dont glow at the stations. The entire display plate is backlit and there is a needle ( stick ??) which moves along behind the display plate as we move the tuner knob.

No, indicators dont glow at the stations. The entire display plate is backlit and there is a needle ( stick ??) which moves along behind the display plate as we move the tuner knob.

Yes, these radios had painted faceplates for dials, behind there would be an transport mechanism engaging the gang (variable capacitor for tuning) based on a movable dial chord that moved the pointer. The entire dial would be lit up by dial lamps (usually 6.3 volt ones) which could be wired to the valve filament circuit, powered by the auto mains transformer. Valve filaments and these dial lamps were running on non-rectified AC, received directly from the auto mains transformer.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back