Console find

Sh. aks07:and also when I sent a pair of Fostex full rangers to you, and they reached in pieces!
Ahh Shri George. Damn you for reviving those painful memories.:sad:

Off topic but slightly relevant in this thread.

A few years ago our esteemed moderator sahib Shri George used his mule train to smuggle in a pair of Fostex drivers for me. In the USA his son had to drive several hours to reach Madisound and pickup the speakers. The young lad than carried it all the way to Banglore as cabin luggage. He even managed to successfully dodge the Custom pandus at the airport. So far so good.

But as has it happens the last mile connectivity undid all the hard labour. I asked Firstfligt to collect the boxes from Sh George to deliver to me. They did deliver but in this condition:
dsc02366yk.jpg

dsc02370ur.jpg

dsc02362cn.jpg

dsc02363r.jpg

They did offer to compensate me to the tune of Rs 900. This was atrocious and insensitive as they completely failed to comprehend the effort in bringing the drivers to India. I called up their MD and hurled some choice Bihari words at him. The pain and frustration could not have been compensated in anyways. I terminated my company contract with them which was worth about Rs 50k/pm those days.

I again had a bad experience when the dreaded last mile connectivity syndrome broke a nice radio that our esteemed forum member Shri Rajiv sent to me. His efforts and packing was superb. I possibly couldn't have matched it any better. See the quality of packing
dsc00354fj.jpg

dsc00355rw.jpg

dsc00357yf.jpg

Still the radio was completely damaged when it reached me.

dsc00359qg.jpg

dsc00361hk.jpg

dsc00360hbm.jpg

I still get heartbroken when I see this. If this quality packing still cant protect a valuable gear from the evil misdeeds of our courier companies than I dont know what else can work.

Both these experiences close to each other have been sobering for me. Thus be VERY VERY VERY careful on how you pack and ship Valve radio.

Ahh Shri George. Damn you for reviving those painful memories.:sad:

Off topic but slightly relevant in this thread.

A few years ago our esteemed moderator sahib Shri George used his mule train to smuggle in a pair of Fostex drivers for me. In the USA his son had to drive several hours to reach Madisound and pickup the speakers. The young lad than carried it all the way to Banglore as cabin luggage. He even managed to successfully dodge the Custom pandus at the airport. So far so good.

But as has it happens the last mile connectivity undid all the hard labour. I asked Firstfligt to collect the boxes from Sh George to deliver to me. They did deliver but in this condition:
dsc02366yk.jpg

dsc02370ur.jpg

dsc02362cn.jpg

dsc02363r.jpg

They did offer to compensate me to the tune of Rs 900. This was atrocious and insensitive as they completely failed to comprehend the effort in bringing the drivers to India. I called up their MD and hurled some choice Bihari words at him. The pain and frustration could not have been compensated in anyways. I terminated my company contract with them which was worth about Rs 50k/pm those days.

I again had a bad experience when the dreaded last mile connectivity syndrome broke a nice radio that our esteemed forum member Shri Rajiv sent to me. His efforts and packing was superb. I possibly couldn't have matched it any better. See the quality of packing
dsc00354fj.jpg

dsc00355rw.jpg

dsc00357yf.jpg

Still the radio was completely damaged when it reached me.

dsc00359qg.jpg

dsc00361hk.jpg

dsc00360hbm.jpg

I still get heartbroken when I see this. If this quality packing still cant protect a valuable gear from the evil misdeeds of our courier companies than I dont know what else can work.

Both these experiences close to each other have been sobering for me. Thus be VERY VERY VERY careful on how you pack and ship Valve radio.

My God AKS sir just looking at the images give me a heartache, I can imagine how you felt with the damaged stuff in your hands. I think I should keep the radio myself rather than send it to the wreckers .... oops courier(s). BTW tested the radio yesterday and works like a dream, its got the phosphor green magic eye too and the sound ...... it gives you wings !!!

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back