contact cleaner

mekr

I am looking for a non alcoholic contact cleaner in mumbai for my hifi components.though widely available WD 40 is not suitable for plastic parts.as it is considered alcohol based,I was suggested CRC contact cleaners,but was unable to find CRC contact cleaner or Carbon tetra chloride anywhere in western suburbs of mumbai. Anyone having suggestions kindly advice.

Thanks

the only locally available option is Abro contact cleaner available on ebay india. I've not used deoxit or CRC or any of the ones recommended online, but this does a good job cleaning circuits, but haven't had outstanding results with dying switches.

anyway It's much cheaper than buying the imported stuff, so it's worth a shot!

the only locally available option is Abro contact cleaner available on ebay india. I've not used deoxit or CRC or any of the ones recommended online, but this does a good job cleaning circuits, but haven't had outstanding results with dying switches.

anyway It's much cheaper than buying the imported stuff, so it's worth a shot!

Thanks greenhorn,

Regarding avoiding expensive imported cleaner,as suggested by you,the other best is carbon tetra chloride,which i could not find any seller in mumbai suburbs,but when i went to check its price at princess street,dawa bazar,they had only 500 ml packing costing Rs.600.which after one use.the balance will just dry.meanwhile i will check for Abro.

Any other option.

i saw CRC co contact cleaner(made in belgium) in mount road richistreet in chennai.i didnt asked them the price.but i will give very good results.once i used it for cleaning the potentiometer of a vintage amp amd the results are very very good.btw i purchased the same and used it in UAE.

krell, I spent a whole day hunting for contact cleaner in ritchie. all shops pointed to WD40 or Zorrik 88 or the armstrong oil.

Do you remember which shop it

it is the shop exactly opposite to sasikumar music shop.the sasi kumar no is
9840496860.thaty i roam all the shops forsome item.
i remember very thin.
regards

Last edited:
Guys all of you are searching for an Industrial grade item in domestic gadgets market. Ask me, this is one amongst the shops in this area. A 400 ml CRC spray is Rs. 195 + tax. you can call Lalith.

L K ELECTRICAL AGENCIES
OLD NO 156,NEW NO 321 1ST FLOOR
LINGHI CHETTY STREET
PARRYS
CHENNAI - 600001 (Tamil Nadu) India

Phone(s) : 04442053517
Mobile : +919841361080
Fax : 04442053517

All sorts of sprays and solvents you can get in this area.

R. Balagopalan.

Last edited:
Thanks to all of you,i contacted CRC office in India and was given to understand CRC QD contact cleaner is suitable for this kind of applications ,the CRC has 2 dealers in Mumbai, one is in nagdevi and 2nd one is :mercantile electric company, lohar chawl and this QD cleaners selling price is Rs425. + Vat

What I would recommend Deoxit Gold G100L solution.

I generally will do a cleaning with tarnX to remove oxide build up about once a year and then use the Deoxit Gold to treat the connectors once every three months or so. The Deoxit improves conductivity and very noticeable on sound quality before and after treatment.

Thank you all for these informations.

Now I am sharing something which is very DESHI as recommended by few old timers.As I am facing some problem while recording in my deck where there is a signal drop happening,these old timers suggested me to open the deck and put some Pure Coconut Oil on the switches inside panel and play the switches few number of times and keep it for couple of hours.According to them plain coconut oil works wonders.

Now is that correct or is it a typical DESHI method which has no authenticity!

I have personally tried "DESHI" method of using Coconut Oil. It really works, but not for long time. Problems come back after few weeks. But a technician friend of mine suggested me to use "Silk & Shine" instead of coconut oil and that advise worked really well and problems were solved for a long time.

I've been trying to remember...

I cam across an incredibly expensive contact cleaner (I think they might call it contact improver) a year or two ago. So expensive it looks like it must be made from, ahem, snakes --- but apparently not.

Ring any bells?

Oh... "contact improver" in google found me mostly social-networking stuff, but the one link about electrics took me to a forum which too me to

Stabilant

Somehow, I doubt that I'd find this stuff in my local hardware shop. Or Richie St. Or, even Parry's.

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back