conversion of lps to digital

RECORDS OR CASSETTES CAN BE EASILY RECORDED TO PC WITH THE HELP OF A FREE SOFTWARE "AUDACITY" WHICH CAN BE DOWNLOADED FROM SITE
sourceforge.net OR ANOTHER SOFTWARE "NERO 9" WHICH AVAILABLE ON CD BUT IT IS NOT FREE. CERAMIC CARTRIDGE TURNTABLES CANBE DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO PC BUT MAGNETIC CARTRIDGE TURNTABLES NEED PRE AMPLIFIER WHICH IS AVAILABLE ON ebay.in AT RS 3850-00 FREE SHIPPING SEARCH FOR "PYLE"

Yes... the recording is the easy bit. It is the noise and click reduction that happens next that is the work.

No... All turntables need to be connected to a line-level input via a phono pre-amp. There are turntables now available that have the pre-amp built in.

Can I have the contact number for Anil as I need to convert a very old family vinyl into current format that can be preserved. Thanks in advance.9845818066 Vikky Blore.

RECORDS OR CASSETTES CAN BE EASILY RECORDED TO PC WITH THE HELP OF A FREE SOFTWARE "AUDACITY"

No... All turntables need to be connected to a line-level input via a phono pre-amp. There are turntables now available that have the pre-amp built in.

Since I wrote that, I've tried using the EQ curve in Audacity for vinyl. The results are better than the phono pre-amp built into my small Soundcraft mixer! I'm sure a "proper" phono preamp would sound even better, though.

Hi
I have converted over 100 LP's using Soundforge. It removes the scratches, adjusts volume of each channel, quite a professional software.

Hi all,

I find the Shure Mx97e to be very good for vinyl to CD conversion. The sound of the LP is retained so natural and there are less clicks and crackle, though at the cost of slightly rolled off High Frequency. But good recorded LPs sound good after conversion in CD.

Just my Rs.2/-

N.Murali

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back