cosmic cogram MKII TT

vmscbe1974

Dear friends

I had recently purchased a mark II cosmic4000 turntable which was delivered in good packing with a ceramic cartridge fitted , though i had not insisted.I was on the impression that cosmic worked with Magnetic cartridges. So i purchased AT PL 91 cartridge to fit to my TT only to find there was no signal output. But output was good with the ceramic cartridge.

So if anyone having any pics of the turntable and any option kindly keep me posted. Can i get Classic 700 stylus, which i feel is best among indian cartridges.
regards and thanking you for your guidance
Srinivas.

Hi,

Classic 700s are not manufactured anymore and are not available. They were made by an Indian manufacturer.

The reason, you are probably not hearing any sound is because magnectic cartridge gives much much lower signal output compared to a ceramic cartridge. You would normally connect a magnetic cartridge a Phono input on the amp (or have a separate phono-preamp) whereas you would connect the ceramic cartridge to a Aux or a Line-in of your amp.

Also Magnetic Cartridge requires RIAA equalization to be applied to the signal whereas Ceramic does not need. Usually the RIAA equalization is performed within the Phono-input stage electronics.

You seem to have already bought a magnetic csrtridge, now check for Phono-input to connect or buy a Phono-preamp.

Cheers.

Dear friends

Thank one and all for their replies may be as said i shall try with a phono stage preamp as i had connected to my videocon hi fi stereo in aux input.

Regards
Srinivasan.

Hi,

Classic 700s are not manufactured anymore and are not available. They were made by an Indian manufacturer.

The reason, you are probably not hearing any sound is because magnectic cartridge gives much much lower signal output compared to a ceramic cartridge. You would normally connect a magnetic cartridge a Phono input on the amp (or have a separate phono-preamp) whereas you would connect the ceramic cartridge to a Aux or a Line-in of your amp.

Also Magnetic Cartridge requires RIAA equalization to be applied to the signal whereas Ceramic does not need. Usually the RIAA equalization is performed within the Phono-input stage electronics.

You seem to have already bought a magnetic csrtridge, now check for Phono-input to connect or buy a Phono-preamp.

Cheers.

Hi,

Ceramic cartridges when connected to line or aux input shall give sufficient volume as the output voltage of the cart is much higher than MM cartridge. However the sound qulity shall suffer as there is still an impedence mismatch.

Regards,

Analogadikt

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back