Torvin Grandiose: An Ownership Experience

Torvin has updated their website with listing of their refreshed line of products!

It is nice to see manufacturers respond positively to customer feedback.

With regards,
Sandeep Sasi

Torvin has updated their website with listing of their refreshed line of products!

It is nice to see manufacturers respond positively to customer feedback.

With regards,
Sandeep Sasi
I have always been curious around their specs. eg their larger speakers with 10/12/15/18 drivers only go down to 40 hz and their 2x8 inch floorstander is called magnum opus is only upto 60Hz.
Not sure if that a 2db/3db/6db/10db point. Of course if its at 2 db or lower it really good but anything else its underwhelming.. and I assume they do not have an anechoic chamber hence this will be in room or open field measurements.

I have always been curious around their specs. eg their larger speakers with 10/12/15/18 drivers only go down to 40 hz and their 2x8 inch floorstander is called magnum opus is only upto 60Hz.
Not sure if that a 2db/3db/6db/10db point. Of course if its at 2 db or lower it really good but anything else its underwhelming.. and I assume they do not have an anechoic chamber hence this will be in room or open field measurements.
Not quoting reference dB variation in FR is meaningless. My speaker can be 100Hz to 10 kHz at 0 dB and the same speaker can be 20 Hz to 20 kHz at -10dB.

Not quoting reference dB variation in FR is meaningless. My speaker can be 100Hz to 10 kHz at 0 dB and the same speaker can be 20 Hz to 20 kHz at -10dB.
Of course. Ideally would like to know perhaps the 1 db , 3db and 10 db ranges

Over here the min freq is given with no idea as to what that bass extension could mean. Even ATC give their min extension but thats usually at 1db and in a (I think) anechoic chamber and the real world bass is usually far better.

Sandeep,
Impressive write up. There has been literally no customer based Torvin demos or sound clips except for 2 reels. I know it wouldn't be perfect, but we, the regular people would love to hear what you hear on these. If you have time & for the love of music, can you post a few videos/soundclips on YouTube please.

-Krishna.

Sandeep,
Impressive write up. There has been literally no customer based Torvin demos or sound clips except for 2 reels. I know it wouldn't be perfect, but we, the regular people would love to hear what you hear on these. If you have time & for the love of music, can you post a few videos/soundclips on YouTube please.

-Krishna.
Hi Krishna,

Many a time I have tried recording videos of my system on my phone. And, everytime I played what I had recorded, I concluded that the recording wouldn't do justice to the system.

Therefore my recommendation is to visit their place for an audition. Don't make any judgements even based on the reels they have posted.

With regards,
Sandeep Sasi

Back