Cost for room treatment for home theater in chennai

kaptan

HI,

I would like to know the cost for a 10 x 15 room treatment. I am based in chennai. The room for a dedicated home theater room. Waiting for your suggestions guys...

Thanks u sir. The price is being on the higher side. Is there any options which i can do to improve the room for sound. I have searched in the forum but not got much to help. It would be great if you could let me know the details of the people who do such things.

Get in touch with Anutone. They are the only people I know. You can get the contact details in their website.

Cheers

Try DIY way and you can do in less cost.. I believe lot of articles were written over here. Venkatcr is with decibel now so he will tell the cost of quote given by professionals.;)

Just go thru the link and you will find a nice way to do yourselves.. Practical Domestic Room Acoustics :cool:

Or simple way is to hire Santhosh on our forum and sponsor his travel cost to chennai in an weekend and he will do it free of cost. He has some work to do it chennai and he will be happy to fly on your cost to chennai for this job.

Last edited:
In reality I have experimented with a number of other brands and even DIY. The results have always been unsatisfactory. There are some other brands and material available, but, at the end of the day, they end up costing more in terms of efforts and worker management. If you are very keen, I can dig out some material and send it to you. Send me a PM reminder on Monday.

Cheers

Try DIY way and you can do in less cost.. I believe lot of articles were written over here. Venkatcr is with decibel now so he will tell the cost of quote given by professionals.;)

Just go thru the link and you will find a nice way to do yourselves.. Practical Domestic Room Acoustics :cool:

Or simple way is to hire Santhosh on our forum and sponsor his travel cost to chennai in an weekend and he will do it free of cost. He has some work to do it chennai and he will be happy to fly on your cost to chennai for this job.

Thanks srini for the info reg the treatment. hope to get more ideas from other hifis also. :)

You don't have to cover the entire room with these acoustic materials, if your prime goal is to improve the sound quality. Just place acoustic materials at the 1'st reflection points and the wall behind the front speakers and place bass traps on all the four corners would improve the sound quality a lot. If possible, use 4" panels for the reflection points, and for the bass trap, you can use much thicker materials, as they are supposed to be in right triangle shape(to fit in the corners). Rockwool is good, and so is glass wool.
Just my humble opinion.

HI,

I would like to know the cost for a 10 x 15 room treatment. I am based in chennai. The room for a dedicated home theater room. Waiting for your suggestions guys...

I have a similar sized room. Take a look at the panelling that I have done. Overall I spent about Rs. 80,000 including the carpet. Aim for 50% of all surfaces (floor, wall & ceiling). The trouble with people like Anutone is that they're not interested in small jobs.

I have posted a detailed write-up & pictures in this thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/my-audio-...products-i-have-used-my-setup.html#post376167

Arvind

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back