Couple of budget power cables

nandac

Couple of budget power cables where I noticed a difference. I tried it on three of my amps : Naim Unitiqute, Cyrus Streamline 2 and a SimAudio Neo Ace :

1. Tripp Lite heavy duty power cord. Sound was immediately louder and more powerful.

2. Green dot power cord. This is supposed to be the infamous "Iron Lung Jelly Fish" according to some reviewers on Amazon. The one I bought had 'Wel Shin' stamped on it. Wel Shin cable was one of the cables Naim North America approved/sold as the Naim Tibia. My Unitiqute's power cable is a Wel Shin with the same specs. But this one on Amazon has hospital grade plugs on them in addition. Sound was quieter than the Trip Lite but more nuanced with subtleties.

BTW I also own an AV Options Tibia 12 which is also quite good. But priced quite high with a Wattgate plug option.

One other cable I would like to try is the Lava Caldera which is supposed to combine the best features of Belden 19364 and 83803.

FYI ...

Last edited:
by "infamous" for the iron lung, i did not mean it had some bad quality - but rather notorious for being very good at very little cost. tks.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back