What Power Conditioner or UPS should I buy for Acoustic Portrait Set Up?

aurobindosaha

My audio set up is as follows:
  • Source & DAC: Acoustic Portrait Swara Streamer (Raspberry Pi) & DAC (Google Music through Bubble UpP or RuneAudio or USB)
  • Amplifier: Acoustic Portrait Swara Amplifier
  • Speakers: Acoustic Portrait MS-610 Floor Standing Speakers
  • Cables: Acoustic Portrait Thyaga Cables
  • Headphone Amp: Acoustic Portrait Headphone Amp
  • Headphone: Senheiser HD 598
My present power connections are as follows
There are two 5 amp wall plugs:
  1. Connects my router (generally always on)
  2. The other one connects to Belkin F9E600zb2MGRY Essential Series 6-Socket Surge Protector. This has 3 connections -
    1. Connected to V Guard Crystal Plus Voltage Stabilizer, which connects to 43 LG TV
    2. Acoustic Portrait Swara Amp
    3. Acoustic Portrait Swara Streamer & DAC
    4. Acoustic Portrait Headphone Amp
This means my Acoustic Portrait audio set up has no protection other than the Belkin Surge Protector. The TV has additional protection of voltage stabilizer.
Apart from that there are two more issues here -
  1. My apartment complex has back-up deisel generator connection that powers on within 30 sec of power failure, then turns as soon as power supply restores. Hence there are two interruption in case of power cuts, which is quite regular in Bangalore Whitefield area.
  2. The Plug 2 has quite high load
FYI - I turn off the switch of Surge protector, when I do not listen to music or watch TV.

My fear is - my power conditioning and protection of my equipment at risk.

I asked Siva (AP), and he told to buy Double Conversion Pure Sine Wave online UPS. APC Smart was what he recommend.
I contacted APC and they suggested me following two:
These quotes are beyond my budget. In fact I do not know what should be my budget for protecting 3 L worth of audio/video set up? Can you suggest?
When I told Shiva that 20K is beyond my budget and I am looking for something below 10K, he suggested me to check some domestic brands. Can you suggest if I should look for UPS below 10K, or it does not make sense to cut budget for UPS. Note, I do not need long battery back up. I just need 5 minutes back up to turn off the device in case of power failure

Pictures:
Plugs.jpg
Thanks
Aurobindo

What is your total load?
vertexpower.in from Chennai has been popular with forum members. They have a range of products
I use a stabilizer from them.

What is your total load?
vertexpower.in from Chennai has been popular with forum members. They have a range of products
I use a stabilizer from them.
Hi

Thanks for response.

The 43 inch LED TV consumes less than 50 Watts.
The audio .... I am not sure. Siva told to keep TV load separate and safely go for 1 KVA supply for Audio

Thanks for the link vertexpower.in

I will check with them

Thanks
Auro

Auro,

Quite a few of us are using APC online UPS.
I have an APC SURT 2000VA 230V which is now discontinued.

I have been very happy with the performance in general. The sound quality of my gear really benefited from having a clean power and to some extent the effect of power cables etc all became minimal with the APC. I consider it an essential part of my audio setup. Battery life is about 12 - 15 months depending on your usage. Mine uses replaceable battery packs.

There is a fair amount of fan noise for which one should ideally place the units in another room away from the gear.

Hope this helps.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back