Courier Int. Amp to Australia

rraghuram

Hello everybody!

Hope yall are well and rocking some great tunes in this post pandemic world!

I hope you will be able to help me with my query. More of a general question related to taking electronics to Australia.

@Admin(s) - If this query does not belong here, please move it to the correct forum. I don't post here much so don't know my way around!

I am thinking of taking my Marantz int. amp, cd player, and speakers with me to Australia via courier or as checked baggage.

Has anyone ever tried this and know what the pros/cons/implications of doing so are? If yes, which courier services are competent at doing this?

Am I better off buying locally and avoiding the hassle of transportation

Any advice/suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks for looking in.

Cheers,
Raghuram

You can of course take it with you. but IMHO you may be better off selling it here and buying a new setup there considering the options there. Of course Oz is not the cheapest.

What speakers do you have ? depending in the price of your setup you would need to decide on selling it here vis a vis buying a setup there.

Hello Arj, thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay in responding!

Marantz PM5004
Marantz CD5004
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Absolutely terrific set up! I would like to take it with me if possible, but ok to let it go here.

Thanks for looking in.

Id suggest taking the CD player with you and sell the rest here . CDPs dont retain vaue and buying new is relatively more expensive and riskier to buy used.

ideal would be to go used amp/speaker once you settle there.

But if transport of goods is taken care of in your relocation then no harm in taking it all there. paying for yourselves might not be economical.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back