Creative DDTS-100 Decoder to my 2.1 audio setup

Yuvaraj_N

I've a 2.1 audio setup like this - Yamaha RS202BL->Mission MX3->Polk mini DSW1000 which I use for all my audio needs(CD, Bluetooth audio, TV).
Wanted to have an opinion by the experts here on whether using Creative DDTS-100 Decoder before the amp would yield in any better enhancement of overall audio quality.

IMG_20180201_141112~2.jpgIMG_20180201_141047~2.jpg

It seems it designed to do 5.1 and up surround decoding, with bunch of dsp effects built in. What is your source currently? PC or CD player?

Source usually would be either CD player or Music apps(Wynk) on my mobile phone.

And yes, it's designed for 5.1 and that too this is more suited for Creative 5.1 speakers. Said that, it does have option to play in stereo mode.

Considering your current setup, the only potential use of it would be to use its DAC in combination with your amp. What is your current DAC, that of CD player and TV? What is the CD player you are using then? However, seems unlikely that it will improve the quality over CDP but may improve over TV if you can take digital out from TV.

I've a 2.1 audio setup like this - Yamaha RS202BL->Mission MX3->Polk mini DSW1000 which I use for all my audio needs(CD, Bluetooth audio, TV).
Wanted to have an opinion by the experts here on whether using Creative DDTS-100 Decoder before the amp would yield in any better enhancement of overall audio quality.

View attachment 25571View attachment 25572

I feel it will serve like a present EQ which compact Hifi systems used to have....not much enhancement but definitely some difference in sound being outputted with DSP effects....

Sometimes the interconnect cables used between the player and amp also could be the culprit for low audio quality....advisable to check that.....speaker cables also should be of appropriate gauge ...not too much...not too less

Considering your current setup, the only potential use of it would be to use its DAC in combination with your amp. What is your current DAC, that of CD player and TV? What is the CD player you are using then? However, seems unlikely that it will improve the quality over CDP but may improve over TV if you can take digital out from TV.

Right now i'm using a Philips CD player which is no where close to an audiophile source, but I'm slowly building up my gear.....any advice on this is very much appreciated too. Majorly I play from my mobile for the sole reason of huge content from music apps and for all the flexibility Bluetooth connection brings in.
The TV sound from DTH is a big let down but however it sounds great when I play FLAC music from Youtube or movies from Netflix

I feel it will serve like a present EQ which compact Hifi systems used to have....not much enhancement but definitely some difference in sound being outputted with DSP effects....

Sometimes the interconnect cables used between the player and amp also could be the culprit for low audio quality....advisable to check that.....speaker cables also should be of appropriate gauge ...not too much...not too less

After upgrading to Mission MX3, i'm happy with the improvements it brought in to the sound. Since the Yamaha RS202BL amp doesn't have any digital input, thought this would fill in for that short coming?

The curiosity did push me to try out the said config and it made a whole lot of difference for the TV audio. The TV DTH audio has changed considerably for some channels and now watching Netflix on this new setup has become no less than addiction.
The high and mid range sounds have much more clarity now, specially the texture of voice in dialogues. However I'm not sure of the punch in the bass which I found better in earlier RCA setup. Maybe this is because the decoder has a separate output port for sub(though decoder is in stereo mode).
Anyways, happy with this new setup and to make use of the wasted decoder, will keep it until I get some new ideas. Cheers!!

Hello Yuvraj,

This is in response to your post here.
DDTS-100 is serving you as a decoder + preset equalizer (movie, music, cinema) when you use its 5.1CH outputs.
It is serving you only as a preset equalizer if you use stereo output.

In either case, with present day recordings, you need much more to get that amazing sound which the very expensive systems have.
Its called post processing. It brings out all the details present in the recording that you were unable to hear before and a few things more such as bass management, volume levelling and so on.

Post processing is a general term. It is more popularly called auto calibration or Aydyssey.

With respect to this, how different would be the setup with your product?. I understand that your product has a way to send constant sound output to speakers irrespective of fluctuations ....
Thanks to let me know.

With my product, I have simplified things for the end user. He can just connect stereo input, which can either be Analog, SPDIF Optical or SPDIF Co-axial, connect the speakers, adjust the master volume and enjoy either stereo sound or surround sound. You don't need to worry about decoder, post processor, equalizer. Its all taken care, internally and intelligently!
My product, however, does not offer 5.1/7.1CH. Only 2.1CH is enough to Surround you!

I hope that I have clarified your doubts.

Regards,

Ravindra.

Last edited:
Hello Yuvraj,

This is in response to your post here.
DDTS-100 is serving you as a decoder + preset equalizer (movie, music, cinema) when you use its 5.1CH outputs.
It is serving you only as a preset equalizer if you use stereo output.

In either case, with present day recordings, you need much more to get that amazing sound which the very expensive systems have.
Its called post processing. It brings out all the details present in the recording that you were unable to hear before and a few things more such as bass management, volume levelling and so on.

Post processing is a general term. It is more popularly called auto calibration or Aydyssey.

With my product, I have simplified things for the end user. He can just connect stereo input, which can either be Analog, SPDIF Optical or SPDIF Co-axial, connect the speakers, adjust the master volume and enjoy either stereo sound or surround sound. You don't need to worry about decoder, post processor, equalizer. Its all taken care, internally and intelligently!
My product, however, does not offer 5.1/7.1CH. Only 2.1CH is enough to Surround you!

Regards,

Ravindra.

What's this product. I'm in search for something with room EQ for my stereo setup.

Thank you so much for clarifying with such detail info.
Wish you all the success with your product.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back