Creative sound blaster external card not deteted after firmware update fail

• Thread starter Deleted member 45006
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45006

Hi

I have have a creative soundblastraxx sbx 10 connected to my MacBook. I had been using it as a little upgraded soundcard with USB in and headphone out to my denon stereo amp. Yesterday, by mistake during a firmware update(over the internet, from creative's website') i disconnected the is USB cable. And there the speaker goes dead. The power light doesn't glow on connecting to the USB port. It neither glows with a USB charger anymore. It's a creative product with a built in DAC (I assume, as it plays over the USB, when selecting the model from system's sound device. Also it sounded better than my mac's native card), anyone has any idea?

Many of you must have used a creative external sound card. Then in case of a firmware failure, what would someone do if the product is creative. Any help is appreciated.

This is what I have tried:

From creative's website I downloaded the possible firmware, and tried to load it. But this time, my mac shows device not detected.

Tried the same with another USB cable, another port. The soundblastraxx is not at all identified. System behaves as if there is jotting conncted to USB .

Phew! Failed firmware updates so often result in paperweights that I think one should never do them unless the update is, in some way, necessary.

Glad to hear that you have an audio interface again, instead of a brick :)

Phew! Failed firmware updates so often result in paperweights that I think one should never do them unless the update is, in some way, necessary.

Glad to hear that you have an audio interface again, instead of a brick :)

100% agree, gone are my impish days when everything had to be updated. Learned my lesson I suppose with a few 'paperweights' :p
Only update if it is required, some great new feature which can really be used to improve performance and usability.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back